5 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:44 AM

I can actually fit in decent backup weapons now thanks to LFE so I have less "guilt" when wanting to chuck LRMs at the enemy.

AS7-D
  • (2x) LRM15 + Artemis (5 tons ammo)
  • (4x) Medium Laser
  • (1x) AC/20 (3 tons ammo)
  • (1x) AMS (1 ton ammo)
  • (1x) BAP
  • LFE300
Skills are:
  • 38 in firepower for heat gen and extra ammo, skipping laser duration.
  • 32 in survival with AMS nodes and skipping 1 reinforced casing.
  • 11 in operations to get 6% cool run
  • 10 in sensors for maximum target decay.
Overall pretty decent. With decent aim you should be able to fight off mechs that come in close with your "backup" weapons that deal 40 damage. I actually get more kills with the AC/20 and 4 MLs, but I guess the LRMs make the enemy want to close in. :>

#2 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:20 AM

I love Atlanti standing far behind!

My Commando is hungry always :)

#3 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:50 AM

View PostElizander, on 19 June 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

I can actually fit in decent backup weapons now thanks to LFE so I have less "guilt" when wanting to chuck LRMs at the enemy.

AS7-D
  • (2x) LRM15 + Artemis (5 tons ammo)
  • (4x) Medium Laser
  • (1x) AC/20 (3 tons ammo)
  • (1x) AMS (1 ton ammo)
  • (1x) BAP
  • LFE300
Skills are:
  • 38 in firepower for heat gen and extra ammo, skipping laser duration.
  • 32 in survival with AMS nodes and skipping 1 reinforced casing.
  • 11 in operations to get 6% cool run
  • 10 in sensors for maximum target decay.
Overall pretty decent. With decent aim you should be able to fight off mechs that come in close with your "backup" weapons that deal 40 damage. I actually get more kills with the AC/20 and 4 MLs, but I guess the LRMs make the enemy want to close in. :>

If you use it on the front line, removing one ton of lrm ammo, using your lrm with line of sight and using your secondary weapons it's all good. If you stay far away and keep your ac20 and medlaser just for the look it's bad. The way you act will establish your quality.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 19 June 2018 - 03:50 AM.

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 19 June 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

I love Atlanti standing far behind!

My Commando is hungry always Posted Image

Come at me bro! Just wait until PGI fixes my torso pitch (they never will) and I'll get you little twerps! Posted Image

View PostDamnedtroll, on 19 June 2018 - 03:50 AM, said:

If you use it on the front line, removing one ton of lrm ammo, using your lrm with line of sight and using your secondary weapons it's all good. If you stay far away and keep your ac20 and medlaser just for the look it's bad. The way you act will establish your quality.

It actually works a lot better since the enemy sees an LRM Atlas and immediately rush me so I get into the fight faster than my 48 kph alone can get me. For some reason they always shoot my LRM side torso and I'm like pounding their faces in with AC/20. Posted Image

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:00 AM

You end up with a jack of many roles, master of none. It won't stand up to a dedicated brawler nor a dedicated LRM boat and it has nowhere near enough ammo for its' main weapon systems.

#6 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

View PostHorseman, on 20 June 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

You end up with a jack of many roles, master of none. It won't stand up to a dedicated brawler nor a dedicated LRM boat and it has nowhere near enough ammo for its' main weapon systems.

If we're talking regular QP it has more than enough. It's not meant to be meta. It's a mech that chucks LRMs and can brawl without issue when enemies get close. I don't even get to use up most of my LRMs in most of my QP matches if I pester my team to push. Posted Image

There are games where I just upfront tank and charge in without throwing LRMs and there are games where I spend most of the time chasing mechs with LRMs before I finally find some to brawl, but I guess the best part is I'm never bored not doing anything no matter where I am on the map. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users