• LocationLand of the Purple Freedom Bird

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:11 PM

I demand satisfaction.

#23 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:16 AM

Maybe we should compile a list of small things that we don't like? It gets the point across better., and gives the whole topic a better direction?

I for one don't like the little under-hanging metal links on the orion's gun arms. They should probably move those because those things are in front of the orion's underslung missile launchers. Which would mean the missiles would be clippling through itself.

Edited by Livaria, 20 February 2019 - 03:26 AM.

#24 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image

#25 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:38 PM

what I don't understand about the centurion is how we went from Posted Image

To what we have now
Posted Image

was there something with a copyright problem???

Edited by KursedVixen, 26 February 2019 - 07:45 PM.

#26 LDTorroc

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:40 PM

View PostRather Dashing, on 19 June 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Who in their right mind looked at this and said, "Yeah that looks good put it in?" Do you have no concept of quality control?
Posted Image

I miss my old hunchback with had the small tri-laser pod.

#27 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:08 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 26 February 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

To what we have now
Posted Image

In my opinion, the centurion in MWO actually looks way cooler than on the original art.

#28 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

Bump.

#29 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostLDTorroc, on 26 February 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

I miss my old hunchback with had the small tri-laser pod.

View PostTesunie, on 22 February 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

I miss the cleaner and more "hunch" missile pods as well.

To be honest, I don't mind if they keep the current missile pod appearance, it just needs to be tall enough to be equal with the head (if not higher). And those ML cluster should not be larger than the lasers on the head/arms... I do agree they should be smaller.

A mech should look "best" with it's stock loadout. The 4J doesn't look good currently with it's default loadout.

The Centurion arm is another offender. That thing should look nice with a single AC, and maybe "look funky" with multiple weapons on the arm. (My opinion.)

View PostKursedVixen, on 26 February 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

To what we have now
Posted Image

Agreed. The Centurion should be taller and a little more sleek. What we have in game is more like a rebuilt Centurion, maybe a whole new chassis "based on the Centurion"... like the Gladiator or Lancer or something (I don't know if there are mechs already with those names). The MW:O Centurion looks nice and interesting, but it does not look like a Centurion to me.

#30 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 March 2019 - 05:12 AM

View PostRather Dashing, on 07 March 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Bump.

Can you stop spamming bumps please?

Code of Conduct said:

Engaging in any of the following actions while using PGI services is forbidden:
Responding to a topic of conversation with ‘IBTL’, ‘TLDR’, ‘+1’,’yawn’, ‘ok’, ‘bump’, or any other fad or low-effort statements.

#31 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:43 PM

Bump.

#32 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 08 March 2019 - 05:12 AM, said:

Can you stop spamming bumps please?

No. No he can't seem to... But, he at least is giving it a good amount of time between bumps...?

#33 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostTesunie, on 07 March 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

The Centurion arm is another offender. That thing should look nice with a single AC, and maybe "look funky" with multiple weapons on the arm. (My opinion.)

Agreed. The Centurion should be taller and a little more sleek. What we have in game is more like a rebuilt Centurion, maybe a whole new chassis "based on the Centurion"... like the Gladiator or Lancer or something (I don't know if there are mechs already with those names). The MW:O Centurion looks nice and interesting, but it does not look like a Centurion to me.
I prefer the old look even if I don't really enjoy Inner sphere mechs... the Nova I can understand, the Centurion... it's just like "WhY!?!?" No seriously that's what I think of...Actually this applies to a lot of "Why" questions I have with PGI.

Edited by KursedVixen, 28 March 2019 - 01:24 PM.

#34 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 28 March 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

I prefer the old look even if I don't really enjoy Inner sphere mechs... the Nova I can understand, the Centurion... it's just like "WhY!?!?" No seriously that's what I think of...Actually this applies to a lot of "Why" questions I have with PGI.

I still think that all mechs should look "best" with their default builds, and if something ends up looking "odd", it should be with the custom built mechs.

Like, for example, the Centurion should look best with a single AC on it's right arm. If you add in a second one, it should end up looking "odd" with a lower barrel looking almost like it was "thrown on". Of course, a weaponless arm also would probably look strange... but that would correct a lot of people's issues with weapon meshes.

#35 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:39 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 28 March 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

I dunno, I still like this design. All I would ask is to make the shoulders less wide, and have slightly more leaner arms. It's the arms that make it look wide most of all.

Edited by Livaria, 28 March 2019 - 11:44 PM.

#36 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image
This is not okay.

#37 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostRather Dashing, on 11 April 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Posted Image
This is not okay.

You KINDA neglected all the other views of that weapon pod, which would have shown a section underneath the "wing" (or at least more clearly).

For reference:
Posted Image

VS:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Notice that small spot you posted? Yeah... it's a LOT more solid than you seem to think. Also, we are going off a few "preview" pictures, and not the actual 3d rendered mechlab image. Angles can play tricks depending upon how it's viewed.

Most of the issues with weapon meshes are when the older (pre-mech days) mechs where converted. Those made with the weapon meshes in mind tend to look okay (most of the time). I wouldn't even be complaining about a "not in game yet" model, unless it's something seriously wonky looking.

#38 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:30 AM

View PostTesunie, on 11 April 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

I wouldn't even be complaining about a "not in game yet" model, unless it's something seriously wonky looking.

wait until you place a LRM 20 there or add a second... or o heck 4 missile pods - i bet that the 4 missile pods on the left side will completely differ from the 4 missile pods on the right. Simple for the reason how the MWO weapon visuals work.

Its not possible with their solution to have weapon visuals and eye-candy.

#39 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 April 2019 - 03:30 AM, said:

wait until you place a LRM 20 there or add a second... or o heck 4 missile pods - i bet that the 4 missile pods on the left side will completely differ from the 4 missile pods on the right. Simple for the reason how the MWO weapon visuals work.

Its not possible with their solution to have weapon visuals and eye-candy.

My base comment refers to "we don't know how this mech looks in game yet". You are asking for a change on a speculation, not an actual known problem (yet) for the Marauder II. (In relation to what was quoted above, not the discussion for the entire thread.)

I believe that mechs should look "best" with their default configurations, and then if something is going to "look odd/ugly" it should be when weapon meshes show an altered mech. In this current case with the Marauder II, the base weapons appear (of course, without having access to it's 3d model to spin and see from more angles) to look really nice on their own (for the most part). That missile pod looks appropriate from what I can tell of the image for it's current default size. Maybe the additional launcher it can take in that section will have problems, and maybe it will be so problematic as to be worth a complaint, but right now we can't see that so we don't know.

The only default weapon placement that currently appears "strange" to myself is when it has two energy weapons on it's torso/dorsal fin/central mounts. (As shown below.)
Posted ImageHowever, considering that this is most likely a representation of the hero mech, which by default would be classified as a "custom", it might be able to be excused (from my perspective) of the slight oddity. It's not bad, it just looks a little odd.

Right now, the Marauder II does not have nearly the "odd" appearance of mechs like the Centurion or Hunchback 4J. Those mechs are in need of another visual pass for autistic, as they look horrible with their default weapons, and look maybe "okay" depending upon what configuration/build/loadout you decided to put on it. The oldest mechs in the game seem to be the worst offenders with their weapon mesh appearance, but mechs introduced after the weapon mesh change to the game seem to appear (typically) rather nice on average (though I know there is a Warhammer that, even with default weapons or max slots, is an offender of this with a perpetual empty X weapon slot in the torso...)

I am still of the opinion that mechs should look best with their Stock/default loadouts, and if they look "odd" it should be when we customize them. Of course, this is my opinion.

#40 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:15 AM

There is no such thing as symmetry to their weapon designer. This is what two SRM6 looks like in the same side torso.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users