#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:51 AM

Greetings, Salutations, and Targetizations

Readers bewarned, this topic does deal with race, or our concept of how blacks were treated by the South during the Civil War. I love history, and I came across what I was not expecting. The Confederates did not distinguish between White or Black Confederate troops and they served as equals. As many as 200,000 or more free individuals fought upon the side of the Confederates under the command of Robert E. Lee. The Confederates used the "underground railroad" as ***** spies carried out operations against the north.

When Fort Fisher was captured in January 1865, these men were captured as enemy combatants.
Private Henry Dempsey (Colored)
Private Charles Dempsey (Colored)
Private J. Doyle (Colored)
Daneil HerrIng, Serving as a cook (Colored)

When General Forrest surrendered, 65 of his surrendering troops were Colored

"When you eliminate the black confederate soldier, you've eliminated the history of the South". Robert E. Lee

We have forgotten the catalyst for the Civil war, the 40% taxation imposed by the Morrill Tariff Act of 1861.

If we accept this concept, that Blacks (todays ancestors of African Americans) served as Confederate troop, it destroys many of the reasons to hate today.

#2 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:25 AM

Hating on other humans is stoopid anyway, be it because of religion or colour . misanthropic derps will be misanthropic derps, no matter what colour or religion they belong to, hate those for a change .
Hating on colour or religion is the same as hating on the ground for being solid or the sky being blue …

Tl;dr : Racism is outdated and troglodytic to the extreme, wake up haters or just die .

Btw: how did the hunt for insurance go, Kali ?

Edited by B0oN, 20 June 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

I just got some paper work today, have to fill it out and hope for the best. Just managed to get a lower rate on car insurance however, so that's gonna be an extra fifty bucks in the pocket. If they come out with the Anubis or some other cool Mech I might just end up spending some of that green here on MWO.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

I don't hate anyone. In American culture if you disagree with people's positions on almost anything you are called a hater or other senseless insult. If people are hurting I pray for them.

#5 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 20 June 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

I just got some paper work today, have to fill it out and hope for the best. Just managed to get a lower rate on car insurance however, so that's gonna be an extra fifty bucks in the pocket. If they come out with the Anubis or some other cool Mech I might just end up spending some of that green here on MWO.

Yokatta, good news !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users