X-Pulse Lasers

10 replies to this topic

Poll: X-Pulse Lasers for the Inner Sphere (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want X-Pulse Lasers to be added?

1. Yes! I want to blast them clanners! (12 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No, i don't have the heat sinks for this (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ObeyTheLion

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFinally managed to score 1K in an Urbie

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:11 PM

X-Pulse Lasers are an attempt by Federated Commonwealth technicians to increase the range of Pulse Lasers to compete with the longer ranges of similar Clan models. X-Pulse lasers are not a new weapon per se, but an upgrade to Pulse Lasers that pushes extra energy through the system in order to extend the range. X-Pulse lasers also build up tremendous heat but this has been considered a necessary drawback for their extended range. The Large, Medium, and Small X-Pulse Lasers were still in the prototype stage during the Jihad.[3][4] However, just before the war ended, they would enter limited production in 3078.[5] By 3145, the weapon Class would become standard technology and enter mass production.[6]
There is currently no information on whether the X-Pulse modification can be made to other Pulse Lasers, such as the Clan Pulse Lasers, the Re-engineered Lasers, or Micro Pulse Lasers.

source:http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Laser#X-Pulse_Lasers

Is there a chance for this to become a thing? It would be great to see these added to the IS weapons. So they would have something to stand up against the clans' heavy lasers. What are your thoughts?

Edited by ObeyTheLion, 23 June 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:11 AM

Not until they give us HAGs. (and they aren't horribly nerfed from the get-go, like they seem to want to do with most Clan stuff)

#3 MechanicalWraith

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

I'm all for new tech and further timeline advancements, but there's a lot of cool stuff from the current era and antiquity that we're still lacking. HAGs, Thunder LRMs, Arrow IV, Long Toms and Reflective Armor to name a few.

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:15 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 24 June 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

Not until they give us HAGs. (and they aren't horribly nerfed from the get-go, like they seem to want to do with most Clan stuff)
YES GIVE ME A GUASS SHOTGUN or mutli slug launcher whatever it is!( which one is it?

AND STOP NERFING CLANS SO MUCH YOU FREEBIRTH BARBARIAN SCUM!!!

View PostMechanicalWraith, on 24 June 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'm all for new tech and further timeline advancements, but there's a lot of cool stuff from the current era and antiquity that we're still lacking. HAGs, Thunder LRMs, Arrow IV, Long Toms and Reflective Armor to name a few.
reactive armor, Whatchdog CEWS(Featured on the Corgi april fools mech),Clan rotaries, lacking clan tech that we should have got, etc.

wasn't there a specialized clan tech armor? Clans really got the short end of the stick in the civil war update oh and they need to Fix ATMS make them work at 120m like they say (They don't they start at 130) or make them work at 0 like their suppose to in lore.... heavy lasers need fixed and stuff too.

Edited by KursedVixen, 27 July 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:20 AM

Clans don't get Rotaries in production until I the 3100s and you'll have a hell of a hard time fitting more than two of cRAC/5 on anything because it's 8 slots to the 6 on the IS version (and cRAC/2 is 4 slots to the 3 on the IS version). HAGs are not shotguns, more like the current implementation of cAC but with no heat, much higher velocity, and probably a charge mechanic like the rest of the Gauss family in MWO. The shotgun Gauss is the Silver Bullet Gauss, and it's IS.

The fancy Clan armor is Ferro-Lamellar.

ATMs do work at 120, pay attention to the range number by your crosshair and not the one above the target.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 31 July 2018 - 06:22 AM.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 31 July 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

Clans don't get Rotaries in production until I the 3100s and you'll have a hell of a hard time fitting more than two of cRAC/5 on anything because it's 8 slots to the 6 on the IS version (and cRAC/2 is 4 slots to the 3 on the IS version). HAGs are not shotguns, more like the current implementation of cAC but with no heat, much higher velocity, and probably a charge mechanic like the rest of the Gauss family in MWO. The shotgun Gauss is the Silver Bullet Gauss, and it's IS.

The fancy Clan armor is Ferro-Lamellar.

ATMs do work at 120, pay attention to the range number by your crosshair and not the one above the target.
no they don't I tried it in the testing grounds vs a centurion and they didn't start hitting till 130m, I looked at the rangfinder range too....

Guass doesn't have charge in Battltech that's something PGI Added all games before now had them working like all the other weapons do...

and i know clan rotaries are bigger. still though...HAGS!! are they suppose to be like an LBX or a rotary guass?

https://www.sarna.ne...Lamellor_Armor- would be nice say it reduces damage by 5% or so i dunno what's a fair number, probably would cost alot tooo and only avalible on certain omnis and Clan Battlemechs like the IIC Madcat MKII and such.

Edited by KursedVixen, 31 July 2018 - 11:42 AM.

#7 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:45 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 July 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

no they don't I tried it in the testing grounds vs a centurion and they didn't start hitting till 130m, I looked at the rangfinder range too....

Since it based on how far the missile travels and not flat distance between you and the target, there is margin for error. Not a whole lot they can do about it but, regardless, the effect is inconsequential.

and i know clan rotaries are bigger. still though...HAGS!! are they suppose to be like an LBX or a rotary guass?

Neither, HAGs are Gauss rifles in every sense except they fire a burst of rounds and have their damage calculated in chunks of 5 according to the Cluster Hits table. In MWO terms, the best translation for a HAG/20 would be a cAC/20 that produces almost no heat, has a projectile velocity of 2000 instead of 650, and has a charge-up mechanic. I suppose you could introduce some RAC-like spread into the stream of bullets, but it's already going to take some skill and luck to get all 4 rounds in that volley onto one spot, and more for the bigger HAGs.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 31 July 2018 - 12:05 PM.

#8 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 31 July 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

Since it based on how far the missile travels and not flat distance between you and the target, there is margin for error. Not a whole lot they can do about it but, regardless, the effect is inconsequential.

Neither, HAGs are Gauss rifles in every sense except they fire a burst of rounds and have their damage calculated in chunks of 5 according to the Cluster Hits table. In MWO terms, the best translation for a HAG/20 would be a cAC/20 that produces almost no heat, has a projectile velocity of 2000 instead of 650, and has a charge-up mechanic. I suppose you could introduce some RAC-like spread into the stream of bullets, but it's already going to take some skill and luck to get all 4 rounds in that volley onto one spot, and more for the bigger HAGs.
https://www.sarna.ne..._Gauss_Rifle_40

#9 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 July 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

lacking clan tech that we should have got, etc.

We don't miss any pre-Jihad Clan weapons except the heavy flamer and the ER flamer. If you get excited about them, you should get help. See here with precise list of sources:
https://mwomercs.com...missing-in-mwo/

#10 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 02 August 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Doesn't change anything I said, it just means you have a burst that fires twice the number of rounds as a HAG 20.

#11 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:39 AM

X-pulses would be extremely hot for the game mechanisc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users