50 replies to this topic

#21 G 4 R R E T

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:16 AM

View PostMax Rickson, on 26 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

PGI you can take your "Hit and Run" day 1 event and get stuffed.
Too few, or no, players can press the....................
R
Button.

Maybe they think target would hear they were targeted (or see the +light thingy) and get scared and run away!

This has nothing to do with Hit and run though.
Here is the most comprehensive list of the qualifiers i found so far:
https://mwomercs.com...r-things-event/

For Hit & Run this means you have to deal at least 10 damage to an opponent, receive less than half that number of damage yourself up to a maximum of 15 and get out of the engagement for at least 20 seconds or so. You can do all that without an opponent ever being targeted.

So the easiest way i found to do this was to equip two ER-Larges, peek around a corner or above a ridgeline, get a full burn on any enemy in range and then get back into cover until the Hit and Run Achievement popped up. Then get back into the game and play decently again.

HTH

#22 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:25 AM

the event is good and well but i have one rather nitpickingly specific issue with it: why do you even still try to sell the Anansi? Spiders are ridiculously undergunned and were sizepatched into obscurity, barely anyone even considers to play one given the huge number of better options - and then there is the anansi that only about 20 idiots (or Spider-likers, including myself being both :D ) even bought.

its a fun little mech (actually, its my Nr. 2 favorite Mech right after its cousin, the 5K, which was the first mech i bought a long time back) but at the sight of the much better light mech options like the Pirates Bane etc. i think it would be a better move to just gift it to every player that ever played a Spider in the first place - call it a thank you for playing something rare and obscure these days, call it canadian kindness, a "have a nice summer-gift", a gift to appease the spider god/spirit its named after or something else for all i care.

i bet CHF 20.00 that no one will buy an Anansi in that event (or maybe someone now will, just to prove the nitpicking swiss wrong)

#23 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:31 AM

View PostMax Rickson, on 26 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

PGI you can take your "Hit and Run" day 1 event and get stuffed.
Too few, or no, players can press the....................
R
Button.

Maybe they think target would hear they were targeted (or see the +light thingy) and get scared and run away!

Isn't Hit and Run to hit someone with a certain amount of damage then evade return fire for some seconds?

#24 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 27 June 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

the event is good and well but i have one rather nitpickingly specific issue with it: why do you even still try to sell the Anansi? Spiders are ridiculously undergunned and were sizepatched into obscurity, barely anyone even considers to play one given the huge number of better options - and then there is the anansi that only about 20 idiots (or Spider-likers, including myself being both Posted Image ) even bought.

its a fun little mech (actually, its my Nr. 2 favorite Mech right after its cousin, the 5K, which was the first mech i bought a long time back) but at the sight of the much better light mech options like the Pirates Bane etc. i think it would be a better move to just gift it to every player that ever played a Spider in the first place - call it a thank you for playing something rare and obscure these days, call it canadian kindness, a "have a nice summer-gift", a gift to appease the spider god/spirit its named after or something else for all i care.

i bet CHF 20.00 that no one will buy an Anansi in that event (or maybe someone now will, just to prove the nitpicking swiss wrong)

I bought one during the last sale, its a fun mech, but you play it for the love of the game, not for your player score :)

#25 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:17 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 27 June 2018 - 02:35 AM, said:

I bought one during the last sale, its a fun mech, but you play it for the love of the game, not for your player score Posted Image

And it's oh so satisfying when you get a good game out of it. I somehow managed 400+ damage out of mine running 2 small lasers and a streak 6, laughed much harder than I thought I would. Admittedly it rarely does go that well but eh!

#26 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

Ahh good ol PGI like clockwork . End of month sales . Oh dear my wallet seems to have sprung a leak again . Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 27 June 2018 - 05:25 AM.

#27 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 27 June 2018 - 04:17 AM, said:

And it's oh so satisfying when you get a good game out of it. I somehow managed 400+ damage out of mine running 2 small lasers and a streak 6, laughed much harder than I thought I would. Admittedly it rarely does go that well but eh!

i admit it, i never laughed as hard in mwo as the one time i managed to kill a timberwolf 1v1 with an Anansi, 2ml, 2mg(1/2-1t ammo), 1srm4. i usually used an XL 240 in it, rather slow for a spider but worked well enough if it worked at all.

and wow, Darkfirechickens .gif really shows how boring the dollar as a currency looks :P

#28 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:30 AM

Was a hard sell for me, I wanted to pick up a hero for one of the mediums I am enjoying right now (ENF-4R and WVR-6R) but neither really seemed to really click with me, I was sorely tempted for the WVR-Q but I just couldnt get over having all its weapons on one side I hate that, so I went for a really chubby light and grabbed a Grinner (250LE 4xMPL with a cool shot).

#29 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 27 June 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

Was a hard sell for me, I wanted to pick up a hero for one of the mediums I am enjoying right now (ENF-4R and WVR-6R) but neither really seemed to really click with me, I was sorely tempted for the WVR-Q but I just couldnt get over having all its weapons on one side I hate that, so I went for a really chubby light and grabbed a Grinner (250LE 4xMPL with a cool shot).

The Ghillie is a beast. One of my faves. Would recommend.

#30 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

Any way to buy a Hero with MC without logging into the game client? I got 30 days active Premium time I don't want to activate when I am not ready to play.

#31 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the sales!

Now I only need a MechBay sale :) Stocked up during the last MB sale, but almost filled them all during the subsequent mech sales. Now I only have 2 left and want to buy a ton of heroes. And here I was thinking a hero always included a Mech Bay by default...

Please and thanks!

#32 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

Any hero mechs that are unique in weapon builds like no other that you guys recommend?

I just bought 4 heros during the mc sale. A commando death knell the only small scale light mech that can mount 4 MPs, a hellspawn the only medium with 6 energy 2 missles with an ecm, a k9 urbie only good is light that can mount an AC5 with 5 mediums lasors max xl engine, and a pirhana only clan light that is most balanced in heat with 6 mgs and 6 small lasers 3 tons of ammo and alpha of 60 damage all torso mounted.

Other heroes I already own:phaket huntsman (only good clan medium that can brawl with 6-8 missile hard points), breaker Nova, sparky Griffin (only is medium closest to its clan nova counterpart), arrow blackjack only medium with insane machine gun hard points), butterbee catapult (the most superior variant for brawl 4 missile hard points and 4 energy hard points).

Heros I want to buy in the future: ultra violet direwolf (the only assault with 8 ballistic hard points)

Edited by GamerPro4000, 27 June 2018 - 10:07 PM.

#33 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostZeoraimer, on 27 June 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Any way to buy a Hero with MC without logging into the game client? I got 30 days active Premium time I don't want to activate when I am not ready to play.

Only way I can think of is to contact support and see if they'll subtract the MC from your account and inject the mech for you.

Can't hurt to ask.

View PostGamerPro4000, on 27 June 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

Any hero mechs that are unique in weapon builds like no other that you guys recommend?

I just bought 4 heros during the mc sale. A commando death knell the only small scale light mech that can mount 4 MPs, a hellspawn the only medium with 6 energy 2 missles with an ecm, a k9 urbie only good is light that can mount an AC5 with 5 mediums lasors max xl engine, and a pirhana only clan light that is most balanced in heat with 6 mgs and 6 small lasers 3 tons of ammo and alpha of 60 damage.

Other heroes I alreadyown:phaket huntsman, breaker Nova, sparky Griffin, arrow blackjack, butterbee catapult.

Heros I want to buy in the future: ultra viole lt direwolf (the only assults with 8 ballistic hard points)

Deathstrike can mix large ballistics and lasers like no other.

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 27 June 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#34 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 27 June 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Only way I can think of is to contact support and see if they'll subtract the MC from your account and inject the mech for you.

Can't hurt to ask.

Deathstrike can mix large ballistics and lasers like no other.

I was thinking the deatstrike would be an amazing dual guass mech, but then I realized the Blood ASP is better for this job same hard points with ECM. Plus the death strike has UAC jam quirks but no ballistic cooldown quirks. Do you think so too?

Thanks for the tip. I decided the madkat mark II is a ATM boat. I can equip 4 small lasers 4 ATM 12s with 9 tons of ammo. There is no other clan assault that can boat ATMS except the Clan Maurader hero Scorch but that has 5 tons less or the super nova which has same tonnage as the MKII but its super slow engine cap than the madkat mark 2 making it less survivable in my opinion.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 27 June 2018 - 10:02 PM.

#35 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:53 PM

Had a good hard look at this list and thinking to myself. Kinda sad, I own nearly all the IS mechs I want on that list. Dont know what to do with my free MC.

#36 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

Bought a Purifier and I'm enjoying it so much that I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on another mech! Oops. Posted Image

I'll probably decide to buy the Paralyzer and High Roller like four minutes before the sale ends

#37 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 27 June 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Had a good hard look at this list and thinking to myself. Kinda sad, I own nearly all the IS mechs I want on that list. Dont know what to do with my free MC.

Join the dark side. Get Clan MECH HEROES!

#38 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

@D V Devnull: I am not angry, but I need to agree... due to the 24 hour thing, I entirely missed day 1 (just noticed the event a few minutes ago) and while day 2 is not at all difficult as such, I am going to have only very limited time to try it. Oh well...

@PGI: The ingame shop is a bit buggery again. Only about a dozen hero mechs are visible and the slider does not move more than a few mm...

#39 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:19 AM

View PostERescue, on 28 June 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

@PGI: The ingame shop is a bit buggery again. Only about a dozen hero mechs are visible and the slider does not move more than a few mm...

Workaround that works for me: hit the Store, let it load, then hit the Home button, and again the Store. Slider should show correctly. If not, rinse and repeat.

#40 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:28 AM

Bought the Deathstrike last night really like it alot! Mech bay sale would have been nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users