#21 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 02 July 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

Considering it's the build I've used LITERALLY SINCE CLANS CAME OUT.

I think I have a pretty good track record with it, but that's fine, you're not willing to try it, you're not willing to even attempt to make it work. And that's fine.

You’re making a statement about how well you did with it BEFORE the rework, in a thread asking about how it is AFTER the rework. I just stated that less than 10 games SINCE the rework is not a good assessment. Unless you are running it with an alt account.

#22 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostAleski, on 02 July 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

Why are you arguing and posting on the forum anyway if you think that ?

Ho and by the way, i don't always stick the meta. My personnal and favorite build on a Timberwolf is a Prime variant with the omnipods of the Prime only with 5xMPL, 2xASRM6 + 2xHMG. Not completely meta, cause i do not like gauss vomit on the Timberwolf. My one is a mix beetween a SRM brawler and a wub boat.
You have to play a little meta in this game if you don't want to be shredd in 80% of your games, you know ? Especially if you are a light enthusiast like i am.

I don't get people that come with amazing build that works so well for them and tell anyone to play with it. Why are you coming on the forum, mate ? You just don't have enough salt in your life ? You have to come here and make anyone waisting their times with their advices ?

If your build is so strong and perfect for you and you don't want anyone to critic this one, why posting it in the forum ? It is just like if you ask someone to give you a slap in the back of your head. I don't get it... Geez...

Congratulations, you win a pug game. Is that what you want from us ?

I was requested to post screenshot's representitive of my experience in the mech, I did, and you mock it. Cute.

And "I'm" the one making people "waste their time with their advice"? No, sir, you choose to give advice, you made that decision yourself. I didn't make that for you, I didn't hold a gun to your head and tell you "give me advice so I can ignore it."

I came here, and said. "This is what I run, what I have always run,and since the rework, I have not noticed a significant difference in mech performance."

As for why I come on the forums with an attitude like that, because I've been here since 2011, and I've been arguing with sticks in the mud like you for just as long. So I guess it's part of my passtime.

View PostKodiakGW, on 02 July 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

You’re making a statement about how well you did with it BEFORE the rework, in a thread asking about how it is AFTER the rework. I just stated that less than 10 games SINCE the rework is not a good assessment. Unless you are running it with an alt account.

And I just posted an image representative of the average of games I get out of it post rework, usually around 600-800 damage and 1-3 kills. Those results, have not changed since PRE rework into the post rework. Indicating the changes had a minimal impact on the build I run [an argument constantly being made by people here is that this change should be adversely affecting builds such as mine.]

I'm arguing that nothing has changed [for me] as a player with this "rework" Hell I didn't even notice it frankly.

Of course I'm not sitting here running the numbers constantly. So meh, it's whatever... I barely play anymore these days because of the kinds of players I've continued to run into. Frankly, this playerbase is relatively toxic, especially at high level.

#23 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

The "Re-work" of the T-wolf is a complete nothing-burger. They simply hid the old nerf. If you didn't like it a month ago, you still won't today.

That being said, there are things the T-Wolf does pretty well. It still does SRM+Lasers reasonably well (I've had more success running it fast and hot, and using a lot of hit and run, rather than a true brawler.) It also can run ATMs OK, and if you have the warrant RT, It can do the 7x MPL Build better than the Ebon Jag, IMO. (The extra armor and better cooling found on the T-wolf build out-weigh the slight agility advantage the jag has in that particular build in my opinion, assuming you're not slowed down by that Left-A torso, or hampered by the -S Right Torso.)

Does it stand head and shoulders above any other clan heavy? No, but if you're expecting it to in this game, you're fooling yourself.

#24 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 02 July 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

As for why I come on the forums with an attitude like that, because I've been here since 2011, and I've been arguing with sticks in the mud like you for just as long. So I guess it's part of my passtime.

I didn't request you to post screenshot of "good games" because i know that this prooves nothing. A screenshot is completely irrevelant to proove if a build is good or not. That's why i "mock" you as you say.

As for a final advice that obviously you don't want, you should change your passtime, mate. It's bad for your karma !

#25 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 02 July 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

I think I have a pretty good track record with it, but that's fine, you're not willing to try it, you're not willing to even attempt to make it work. And that's fine.

You're thinking too much on the "optimal" yet again... just look at what you've recommended "MPulse and Splat." or "Gauss+PPC" literally the SAME THING EVERYONE RECOMMENDS.

You're thinking from a purely competitive "I Must win at all costs" Mentality. You have discovered how to break the system to your whims, and are focused on that.

MY focus, is on taking something that is fairly lore-friendly and accurate, and making it work in combat.

You can enjoy a bad build. That doesn't make it less bad. I have a number of bad builds I enjoy playing. They're still bad, though. Bad in the sense of "not as good as they could be and will consistently under perform when compared to those better builds" kind of bad.

A history of my TBR builds (ignore armour distribution) (most are from memory as they have changed many, many times);
TBR-Prime - 4 MPL, 2 ASRM6, 3 MG
TBR-Prime - 4 MPL, 2 ASRM6, 3 HMG
TBR-Warrant - UAC10, 2 LPL, 2 ERML
TBR-Warrant - Gauss, 2 HLL, 2 ERML
TBR-D - 2 ERPPC, 4 SRM6
TBR-D - 2 ERPPC, 2 ASRM6
TBR-A - Gauss, ERPPC, 3 ERML
TBR-A - UAC10, LPL, 3 ERML
TBR-S - 4 MPL, 4 SRM6
TBR-S - 4 MPL, 2 ASRM6
TBR-C - 2 LRM10, 4 ERLL, TAG, CAP
TBR-C - 2 ALRM15, 4 ERML, TAG, CAP
TBR-C - 2 ATM9, 4 MPL, LTAG (maybe it was LCAP)
TBR-C - 2 LPL, 3 ERML
TBR-C - 2 HLL, 4 MPL, LCAP

Most of those builds are bad, but most of them were also fun to play. Some still are.

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 02 July 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#26 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 02 July 2018 - 04:08 AM, said:

and your opinion is worse bro.

Well no, he is totally and utterly correct.

Anyway ran the Laser Vom TBR 3 drops while streaming. It is still just are rubbish as it was before. There is no improvement at all even with the buffed left torso (which means you have to over-expose the mech).

TBRs are still well below sub-par.

#27 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:38 AM

wow, this went off the rails hahah I specifically avoided pointing out that build but ya'll went ahead anyway.

Again, the reality is, the Legendary OP Timberwolf of the past will never return.
Just try to push that out of your head and stop clinging to it. Once you accept the fact, it becomes just another clan heavy.

It is what it is, mediocre to good at best(or flat crap depending on the driver).

#28 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Or I can harass Russ and demand him to buff the Timberwolf agility to match the Summoner's or around it, I just want a agile Jack of All trades mech that'a it. We already got a bunch of specialized mechs in the clan heavy side.

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostDaurock, on 02 July 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

Does it stand head and shoulders above any other clan heavy? No, but if you're expecting it to in this game, you're fooling yourself.

If this was still "A BattleTech Game", I would. But, alas, it's now a "Solaris 7" game.

#30 IIXxXII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 01 July 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Leaving it in a downgraded "Prime" Configuration.
2erll
2erml
2mg
2lrm15
heatsinks and ammo to taste, full armor.

Congrats, you have the perfect, jack of all trades mech that can keep up with the fight, fight at all ranges, and deal decent damage at all range bracket's.

I could see that working @ long distances on maps like alpine or polar. Clan ERLL's are difficult to use effectively. I think most avoid them due to the long burn time. Skilled opponents will move behind cover before half of the ER LL burn time is completed for less than half damage. Most would probably kneejerk hate on anything with clan ERLL's without realizing dual wielding cLRM-15's on top of that can make it an effective build.

The Timberwolf omnipod mounting high energy hardpoints on the LT (where high missile mounts are) with 3 cLPL's is one of the few timby builds I found that worked for me. That's a tough setup to get rite.

#31 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

CMDR Sunset Shimmer, I'm behind you, 100%. Your build sounds similar to what I did with the Timby in MW3 and MW4: 2x ERLL, 2x ERML, 2x ALRM20, 4x tons ammo. I like the faithfulness to the original Prime. Your success with the build fits with the fact that that basic configuration was an absolute terror when it arrived in the Inner Sphere, and was the epitome of Battlemech Power and Destruction for over 100 years.

I go one step further to piss off the meta-hounds. :) I go out of my way to play Table-Top loadouts, even looking up ones that aren't in the game, yet, and converting existing chasses to carry those loadouts. :)

I'll admit, some of them are relatively poor performing. Others are absolutely fantastic. The fun and the challenge is finding the niche for each build, finding its purpose, and making it work, as-is.

Personally, I'm in favor of a new mechanic in the pre-match period: I want there to be an additional 10 seconds after a map and mode are selected and locked in for those players piloting Omni-Mechs to choose a stock omni configuration (or they can stick with their customized config, if they don't select anything). That gives them their "Omni" flexibility back. Their specific advantage was being rapidly reconfigurable so they could take the best loadout for a specific mission/environment.

#32 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 02 July 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

I was requested to post screenshot's representitive of my experience in the mech, I did, and you mock it. Cute.

And "I'm" the one making people "waste their time with their advice"? No, sir, you choose to give advice, you made that decision yourself. I didn't make that for you, I didn't hold a gun to your head and tell you "give me advice so I can ignore it."

I came here, and said. "This is what I run, what I have always run,and since the rework, I have not noticed a significant difference in mech performance."

And I just posted an image representative of the average of games I get out of it post rework, usually around 600-800 damage and 1-3 kills. Those results, have not changed since PRE rework into the post rework. Indicating the changes had a minimal impact on the build I run [an argument constantly being made by people here is that this change should be adversely affecting builds such as mine.]

I'm arguing that nothing has changed [for me] as a player with this "rework" Hell I didn't even notice it frankly.

Of course I'm not sitting here running the numbers constantly. So meh, it's whatever... I barely play anymore these days because of the kinds of players I've continued to run into. Frankly, this playerbase is relatively toxic, especially at high level.

Your average damage with that build is not 600-800.

#33 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostYosharian, on 02 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

We all know that statement was, inaccurate. Just let him live in dreamland.

#34 IIXxXII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

View PostYosharian, on 02 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

600+ average damage is a reachable goal. I'll tell you why.

2 cLRM15 = 30 damage
2 cERLL = 22 damage
2 cERML = 14 damage

Summed together: 66 damage.

Expose 10 times with 10 alphas(inside optimal range): 660 damage.

Exposing 10 times (on average) is an achievable goal.

In practice it might look more like exposing 5 times for 5 alphas inflicting 330 damage. Then 10 alphas with both LRM-15's for an additional 300.

Its easier to achieve than people think.

#35 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

View PostIIXxXII, on 03 July 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

2 cLRM15 = 30 damage
2 cERLL = 22 damage
2 cERML = 14 damage

In practice it might look more like exposing 5 times for 5 alphas inflicting 330 damage. Then 10 alphas with both LRM-15's for an additional 300.

you're kidding right? You can math the eff out of something in hypothetical terms, but in real time it is not truth.
Wtf is wrong with you try to math something out like that yet you yourself cannot pull consistent kills? get outta here man

#36 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

2 cLRM15 = 30 damage
2 cERLL = 22 damage
2 cERML = 14 damage

Lol

#37 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

2 cLRM15 = 30 damage
2 cERLL = 22 damage
2 cERML = 14 damage

Sounds good on paper but I'll take my 2xatm6+2xatm9 2xmpl and a tag with cap Timberwolf D over that, plus it way over the place for my taste.

#38 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

2 cLRM15 = 30 damage
2 cERLL = 22 damage
2 cERML = 14 damage

The most ridiculous post I've read on the forums in weeks.

I mean if it were that easy, everyone would be in Tier 1

#39 Redinator

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRealm Of The Bloody Hangar

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:59 AM

It's so nice to have Jarl's when reading threads like this one Posted Image

#40 Toek

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

When did the timberwolf got a rework? Was in in the near past? Guess i missed it.

Edited by Toek, 04 July 2018 - 07:09 AM.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users