Banshee Laser Mounts

19 replies to this topic

#1 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:05 AM

Been a while since I've play, but just noticed the new and crap laser mounts for the banshees. Thanks a ton PGI for taking away about the only real advantage that the banshee had. How about your next round of stealth nerfs you remove one of its legs so that it has a permanent 40% less movement rate.

#2 Anastasius Foht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:34 AM

Banshee is one of meta assaults now, seen them in 4 of 5 games so i think its ok that he have some flaws.

#3 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

View PostAnastasius Foht, on 03 July 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

Banshee is one of meta assaults now, seen them in 4 of 5 games so i think its ok that he have some flaws.

lol wut?

The BNC-3S is decent with gaussvomit (Gauss, 3 LL, 5 ERML), but none of the other ones even come close to "meta". the BNC-3M used to be useful as a sniper, but it's relegated to trash now that it's lost 2/5 of it's high mounts that made it useful.

#4 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:45 AM

Another riveting thread and a thought provoking post in the wonderful MWO community! Huzzah!

I enjoy the banshee's. The 3S is perfect for just laser vom and shielding with your left. To hell with using that left hard point.
The 3M is fine too.

I wouldn't call them meta, but they're beefy, decently paced, no XL/Light needed. I actually like them over the Battlemaster just because it can torso twist more than 20 degrees.

#thnxPGI

#5 Anastasius Foht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 03 July 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

lol wut?

The BNC-3S is decent with gaussvomit (Gauss, 3 LL, 5 ERML), but none of the other ones even come close to "meta". the BNC-3M used to be useful as a sniper, but it's relegated to trash now that it's lost 2/5 of it's high mounts that made it useful.

Ok, my bad, not meta but "not-so-popular-before" mech of the month, i can't found another explanation why i see so many of them in my games. Builds i saw was full laser vomit, no Gauss, and deal 600-900dmg for game.

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

Banshees had very little quirks. And they still reduced the quirks. And now they reduced the number of high mounted weapons. Hard to defend a nerf for the sake of cosmetic changes. It really couldn't be avoided? They didn't do this to the Battlemaster. So there's really no excuse.

#7 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

the BNC-3S got massive armour quirks so is now amazing, 3 LL, 6ML, Guass, brilliant

#8 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:49 PM

The only Banshee I don't own is good. Great... Posted Image

Edited by MechaBattler, 03 July 2018 - 12:49 PM.

#9 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:01 PM

Yeah i think no one owned / used it, hence it got the buff.

#10 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

That made sense when it's brothers were doing much better. But why use the 3E? MG boat? Quad AC5 with a standard engine? : /

Now that they've lowered the mounts on the 3M. It's decidedly inferior to the Battlemaster. Despite having more tonnage. And La Malinche has never been considered good enough.

#11 Josh Seles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:11 AM

I only have the champion Banshee, I won it from a past event. I've been running the thing still, even with the nerf and I still have 3 cockpit-level Large Pulses.

-At least on the 3M, just put 2 Med Pulses in each torso first, then the Large Pulses.
-I had to drop the head-mounted laser and engine down a little though.
-Swapped for a Light engine as well, but that was done the week after the new tech was implemented.
-Still runs 65 kph with (I think?) 19 DHS.

No problem.

#12 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:38 PM

I have the Siren, 2xHeavy PPC, 1xMRM40, poke with the MRM, brawl with everything, plays fun tho I'm not an expert pilot.

#13 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:39 AM

The BNC-3M was the mech I was best in, the mount shift is a real drag. Some where I missed the notes on the reasoning on why they decided on the change?

#14 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

View PostRusharn, on 06 July 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

The BNC-3M was the mech I was best in, the mount shift is a real drag. Some where I missed the notes on the reasoning on why they decided on the change?

here you go.

#15 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

Thank you for providing that link. :-D

#16 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 03 July 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

The BNC-3S is decent with gaussvomit (Gauss, 3 LL, 5 ERML), but none of the other ones even come close to "meta".

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 03 July 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

the BNC-3S got massive armour quirks so is now amazing, 3 LL, 6ML, Guass, brilliant

I love mine with HGauss, 7 MPL - it carves through things so nice Posted Image

View PostMechaBattler, on 03 July 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

But why use the 3E? MG boat? Quad AC5 with a standard engine? : /

4 AC2, 3 ERLL - I still need to actually try it, but it looks like hilarious fun.

#17 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

When PGI started making older mechs bad to sell more mechs, I stopped seeing a reason to play MWO. I don't miss it that much these days, though, sometimes I wish it was still fun, but whatever.

#18 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 06 July 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Well that's all well and good. But that variant's effectiveness was built on high mounts. So why isn't it getting some kind of buff to compensate?

#19 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 06 July 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Hmm, produces a smile on this old timer's face.

I am posting, as I am glad to see such work, and hope that is process keeps going forward, to have mechs as realistic as possible.

#20 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:04 PM

Banshees need huge armor quirks on all torso sections ASAP, or massive base agility buffs to bring them back to their xl380 agility pre desync.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users