Can We Get The Wasp,stinger,valkyrie And Crusader Now?

73 replies to this topic

#1 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

If the Case has been resolved and the dispute has ended, wouldn't it be alright to have the classics added to the game so we can have more "starter/filler" mechs for MW5 and for MWO for personal enjoyment?

#2 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 28 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

If the Case has been resolved and the dispute has ended, wouldn't it be alright to have the classics added to the game so we can have more "starter/filler" mechs for MW5 and for MWO for personal enjoyment?

I would think the Chameleon would be better for that, seeing as it is literally a training mech.

#3 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

Yes please gimme dat Crusader.
Posted Image

#4 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:02 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 28 June 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Yes please gimme dat Crusader.
Posted Image

I mean, instead of one of the most generic looking mechs like Crusader (which I will never understand why this mech is so popular), can we have Hollander already? It's a long overdue.

#5 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

We'll find out next week

#6 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:17 PM

View PostNightbird, on 28 June 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

We'll find out next week

I don't think we will get any of 'Classic' mechs though for July. The lawsuit was just over like near end of this month, no time to make up Classic mech at this point. Probably next month would be more proper timing.

#7 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

None of those mechs listed bring anything to the table and unless PGI made up decent variants they'd all be garbage or something other mechs already do better.

#8 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 28 June 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

None of those mechs listed bring anything to the table and unless PGI made up decent variants they'd all be garbage or something other mechs already do better.

You're missing the main appeal: The fact these mechs have rarely, if ever, been in a Mechwarrior title.

There's something to be said for adding mechs just because they've never been playable. Not only that, us old grognards who love our tabletop, will almost ALWAYS shell out for the Unseen.

#9 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

None of those mechs listed bring anything to the table

They can bring something to the table, do you want to know what it is?

It is Nostalgia and Fun!

and there's a chance the wasp and stinger will receive superquirks like 5+ energy slots or maybe even something entirely new!
a medium laser that has like 80-100% CD (Tag laser that does damage!)

#10 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

NOE.

Raptor.

#11 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

...a jumping 20 ton IS mech?

#12 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

It would be extremely unlikely that the agreement between PGI and HG covers all future law suits over all potential mechs, and it would be insane for PGI to bait another lawsuit using one of those mechs, regardless of how the last lawsuit went.

Just a spectacularly bad idea and a poorly conceived risk. But then again, including reseen in MWO (And even in the TT) has been a stupid idea for decades.

#13 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 28 June 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

They can bring something to the table, do you want to know what it is?

It is Nostalgia and Fun!

and there's a chance the wasp and stinger will receive superquirks like 5+ energy slots or maybe even something entirely new!
a medium laser that has like 80-100% CD (Tag laser that does damage!)

We have enough garbage mechs no one uses.

#14 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

A jump capable 20t Mech is a novelty, and not an insignificant one. Also, variants like the WSP-1W are totally viable even without Annihilator-level quirks.

View PostBombast, on 28 June 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

It would be extremely unlikely that the agreement between PGI and HG covers all future law suits over all potential mechs, and it would be insane for PGI to bait another lawsuit using one of those mechs, regardless of how the last lawsuit went.

To be honest I cannot imagine that the subject of potential new releases in the future was not at least discussed. I mean, given that MWO has advanced to the FCCW era I would prefer, well, FCCW-era units. There are a lot of hidden gems which were never seen in a video game before.

Edited by FLG 01, 28 June 2018 - 03:17 PM.

#15 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostBombast, on 28 June 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Just a spectacularly bad idea and a poorly conceived risk. But then again, including reseen in MWO (And even in the TT) has been a stupid idea for decades.

You certainly are unaware of typical minds of North American small businessmen, like Russ and Paul.

Yes, as you said, the fact that we have reseens in the first place pretty tells about it. If PGI was a big business, they would not do it because of obvious legal issues. But PGI is a typical North American small business, so they did what they want, and they will do it again if they can. Given how this lawsuit turned out to be, they may probably will again if they want to.

Which is good for us for this particular issue, but once again this "we gonna do what we want' attitude is why the balance of MWO is in ruin, so give and take.

Since PGI will continue to use "classic" (a.k.a reseen) designs, I won't be remotely surprised if PGI pulls up mechs like Rifleman IIC and so forth.

Edited by The Lighthouse, 28 June 2018 - 03:19 PM.

#16 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

Longbow-Crusader-Valkyrie-Stinger-Wasp Pack, on sale soon!! :) Roll them out for Christmas.

#17 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 June 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

A jump capable 20t Mech is a novelty, and not an insignificant one. Also, variants like the WSP-1W are totally viable even without Annihilator-level quirks.

To be honest I cannot imagine that the subject of potential new releases in the future was not at least discussed. I mean, given that MWO has advanced to the FCCW era I would prefer, well, FCCW-era units. There are a lot of hidden gems which were never seen in a video game before.

We have enough unusable garbage so how about we try and find mechs that will be good in the game and bring them in.

#18 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 28 June 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

We have enough unusable garbage so how about we try and find mechs that will be good in the game and bring them in.

That's not how you make arguments. You really gotta explain why those three ones are garbage, despite the fact we still do not have jumping 20ton mech for both IS and Clan side. In reality, they really only need hardpoints inflation to work for this game. As FLG 01 has already pointed out, WSP-1W would be indeed very powerful without any hardpoint inflation implemented.

#19 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 28 June 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

That's not how you make arguments. You really gotta explain why those three ones are garbage, despite the fact we still do not have jumping 20ton mech for both IS and Clan side. In reality, they really only need hardpoints inflation to work for this game. As FLG 01 has already pointed out, WSP-1W would be indeed very powerful without any hardpoint inflation implemented.

That's not how to tell people what to do.

What you need to do is tell people that we need good mechs not bad novelty mechs.

#20 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 28 June 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

I don't think we will get any of 'Classic' mechs though for July. The lawsuit was just over like near end of this month, no time to make up Classic mech at this point. Probably next month would be more proper timing.

You think there aren't designs just sitting in limbo and they only start working on a mech design when it's "time". Come on. That's not how artists work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users