The Next Era

45 replies to this topic

#41 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:48 AM

I much preferred the succession war eras were wars were fought with whatever they could cobble together and technology was relatively basic. Dark Age seemed like a attempt to go back to those sort of days while retaining clan and new stuff but largely failed cause #WizKidz. That being said MWO has already progress far beyond its original planned scope and thats the sort of cat you cant really get back into the bag so, onwards! Only reason we dont progress very far is cause the further we go the more new tech gets added which requires *Shudder* pgi balancing.

(WTB X-pulse and bombast lasers <.<)

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 06 July 2018 - 05:49 AM.

#42 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:55 AM

Is there an era in the time line where more than two months pass without the gods reaching down to change the way the universe works, or where they don’t randomly decide that the way some weapons perform needs to be altered, or where mechs are not suddenly made to perform differently based on assertions of secret criteria that defies what we see in game?

If so, I’d like to see the game move to that era.

We could call it the “no more randomly breaking things era”, or the “unless something is seriously screwed up, and I mean seriously, we are going to leave it alone era” or maybe even the “no broad brush nerfs era”.

Yeah, that would be a nice era to move the game into.

#43 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

We're talking about the game? Oops.

Jump the game all the way to the latest era, releasing every mech possible, and putting forth all the tech before a shutdown.

Wammo.

#44 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 05 July 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

There's only so much the series can bring that would really shake things up, and i know mentioning anything extraterrestrial outside of Clans is blasphemy and even generic, but i definitely would like to see something that pits humanity against whatever that just poops on the current tech.

yuuzhan vong ;)

#45 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

A couple of the last Dark Age books mention that the Republic did bring down the Fortress, and reunified the broken inner sphere.

#46 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

I don't really see how the ilclan can be any clan but Clan Wolf given how much plot armor they've thrown around Alaric Ward. He's the Damien Wayne of BT.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users