In Shuffling The Roster, Players Are Losing Matches Played?

WC team roster question

11 replies to this topic

#1 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

Because of some odd scheduling and to make sure we can get a team playing, I've had to shuffle a few players.

There appears to be a side effect. One guy I removed - and I intended to remove him just for the evening to make space as he was too injured to play tonight - when I put in back on the roster tonight it shows that he's participated in 0 drops. I'm guessing he was there between 8-13 drops so far.

Another guy disappeared off the roster and no one knows why. I brought him back in, and he's showing 0 fights now as well, though I KNOW he's been in all 13 of our fights so far.

Now, we weren't able to drop tonight, so I don't know if his history will update after our next fight. Will it?

Please help me out here. I'm TRYING not to shuffle my roster too much, but people are people, and they have a life. If I have 7 of my 12 guys on, I need to adjust accordingly to keep the team playing. If every time I temporarily remove a guy and bring him back and he loses all his drops with us, that's a BIG deal, ya know! lol

Please advise.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Pretty sure that's how it has always worked... You shuffle, that's what happens.

I mean there has been like 18 or so shuffled in where I'm playing, no-one cars about the in-game 'games played'. Team record is what matters end of the day.

I mean logically you can shuffle a player and they can go play for another team or whatever so that is why it's not 'remembering' as such.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 06 July 2018 - 04:26 PM.

#3 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostPeiper, on 05 July 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

If every time I temporarily remove a guy and bring him back and he loses all his drops with us, that's a BIG deal, ya know! lol

Please advise.

How is that a big deal? No one cares about player stats in Stock comp-q.

#4 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

We have to play 20 games to qualify for prizes, right? That's why it's a big deal. I don't want guys who played a dozen games with us, then shuffled out so we could put in a couple substitutions, then bring them back into the team and their games are showing zero. THAT is a big deal when we're trying to get all our guys 20 matches!

#5 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:54 PM

Read what it says:

Teams must have played a minimum of 20 Matches in Comp Play in order to participate for any of the Prizes above

You will have to email PGI Support to find out if you swap 30 players, get 20 games each, they actually get prizes if they aren't on the roster come ladder closure.

#6 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

You dont have to email any support to find out, lol.
  • The team must have played 20 games (no matter who played, no matter if win or loss).
  • Up to 12 guys on the roster get the rewards on the injection date. Does not matter if those 12 guys actually played a single game.
So beeing upset about PGI having bad coding on stats is correct, but since no one cares there won't be any fix.

#7 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

View PostColonel ONeill, on 08 July 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

You dont have to email any support to find out, lol.
  • The team must have played 20 games (no matter who played, no matter if win or loss).
  • Up to 12 guys on the roster get the rewards on the injection date. Does not matter if those 12 guys actually played a single game.
So beeing upset about PGI having bad coding on stats is correct, but since no one cares there won't be any fix.

Okay, so I read this as: As long as I, the leader, played 20 games, when the injection date comes, the 12 guys on the roster will get prizes. The 12 guys that are on the roster that day, no matter who played what. Does that sound correct?

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

Yes, only the members on the team at the time Comp Queue ends.

#9 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

View PostPeiper, on 08 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

As long as I, the leader, played 20 games, when the injection date comes, the 12 guys on the roster will get prizes. The 12 guys that are on the roster that day, no matter who played what. Does that sound correct?

Yes. That will work. But not even you, the leader, needs to play 20 games. You can have 8 Lemmings or Seals play them 20 games for you and then kick them. You still get the rewards :D

#10 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

Shuffling will do this. When you remove a player from a roster, that player's stats are reset for the team they were just removed from.

Swapping players is fine for this phase of the Comp Play season.. but remember, when we move to the Semi-Final stage, all teams will be locked and swapping will no longer be allowed.

When it comes to participation rewards, players stats have no role in determining who gets what. It's the team's stats on the final day of Comp Play and who is currently in the 12-man roster that matters.

#11 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

Thanks Paul and O'Neill and everyone else!

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostPeiper, on 09 July 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

Thanks Paul and O'Neill and everyone else!

Only way to get around that would be to make 2 teams and swap pilots in.

Although some teams did that last year and rotated pilots out but the teams that did this has their ELO reset. So yeah, seems a bit risky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users