Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:03 AM

View PostGoblin System, on 08 July 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

Can somebody clarify:

To get a Medium Hero you have to

[ ] Only complete 50 matches with min 100 matchscore

[ ] ... do all the KMDD-Challenges too

Thx

[ X ] Only complete 50 matches with min 100 matchscore

At least that's what I get from the page where you claim the medium champion (not hero).

#63 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:57 AM

View Postchibbbaaa, on 07 July 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Which one you guys gonna pick? Im torn between the bushie and shadow cat.
I recently picked up a bushie during the hero mech sale and love it. I’ll take the event bushie. 10 more ‘100’ matches to go....

#64 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:05 AM

View Posttutzdes, on 07 July 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

S2 is the worst Bushy's variant and Shadow Cat is omni. If it was X1, X2 or P1 I'd say, take Bushy, but it is S2 so I'm not sure.
what is bad about the s2?

#65 McCalls Hairy Arse

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:13 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 July 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

Regardless of whether or not you've been a target of it, there happens to be a way to trap those who would do that. Run your I.S. builds with XL Engines, albeit that it leaves your Mechs less durable, and risks your battle performance being worse for a little while. If they then try to rip your Side Torso out, they'll unfortunately for them result in Team Killing you. That's immediate grounds for Reporting To PGI, as that's a total violation of the ToU/CoC... Further, it will get the person who TK'd you both pulled out of the MatchMaking rotation temporarily, as well as likely punished by PGI's Community Handlers. If whoever is Team Killing you happens to do it multiple times, that will get their 'jerk [beep]' Banned, which will remove them from harassing people directly because of their own Anti-Team Behavior. Sure, it takes time, and a willingness to put up with the frustration, as this is pretty much a 'Last Resort' option. But if we can help PGI clean up the bad parts of the Community, all the better for the good parts of the Community... right? ^_^

~Mr. D. V. "Here's the 'obvious-but-not-obvious' solution." Devnull

I won't deny the possibility of some who are doing it maliciously but overall I've found my in game interactions to have been rather friendly and cooperative with an a slightly older and more mature playerbase. So, I'm beginning to wonder how much of this due to players getting careless because they are desperate to get the kills. Paticularly during these events, in mechs they're struggling with..

#66 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 July 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

Regardless of whether or not you've been a target of it, there happens to be a way to trap those who would do that...

~Mr. D. V. "Here's the 'obvious-but-not-obvious' solution." Devnull

Wouldn't work for this event unfortunately since the event mechs are all clan mechs. I think it is so much worse this time as opposed to previous times because anybody can do it because of the trial mechs.

View PostToek, on 08 July 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

Interessting, never encountered such a behaviour. But this is such a poor behaviour! Posted Image

In previous kinds of events I'd only have it happens to me between one to three times the entire span of the event but with the mechs this time being trial mechs everybody can compete and everybody knows if you're trying to accomplish it or not based on what you're driving.

#67 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

We complete the objectives in the first 10 matches and then have to do 40 more, or get nothing. hi5

#68 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Done and dusted - needed more Clan options as a reward.

#69 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

Hi team,

Perhaps off topic, but where is the announcement for the July 'mech?

#70 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

Hey. Just wondering how you would rank the IS offerings here?

I was thinking the Bushie, because I don't have one, but sounds like the S2 isn't the greatest.

I have a WVR-7K, similar or identical SHD, TBT, GRF, ASN, HBK, CN9, UZL and ENF's.

Which would leave BJ, CDA, KTO, VND, CRB, PXH, and the BSW.

The BSW could still be a good option, with 4xSRM4, LB10, and a couple of ML. The PXH with ECM and a good engine could be fun, but they seem a bit fragile, and I have a Javelin that can boast a similar firepower. I have a CDA, that I may get rid of, as not really working for me. The others, I haven't had much contact with.

Thoughts?

Actually had quite a good game in the trial stormcrow for the event, so I could possibly add that to the few clan mechs I have. Only really run them when there is a clan only event though. Posted Image

#71 McCalls Hairy Arse

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

View PostSuperMCDad, on 08 July 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

I was thinking the Bushie, because I don't have one, but sounds like the S2 isn't the greatest.

I have a WVR-7K, similar or identical SHD, TBT, GRF, ASN, HBK, CN9, UZL and ENF's.

The BSW could still be a good option, with 4xSRM4, LB10, and a couple of ML. The PXH with ECM and a good engine could be fun, but they seem a bit fragile, and I have a Javelin that can boast a similar firepower. I have a CDA, that I may get rid of, as not really working for me. The others, I haven't had much contact with.

Thoughts?

Actually had quite a good game in the trial stormcrow for the event, so I could possibly add that to the few clan mechs I have. Only really run them when there is a clan only event though. Posted Image

The Crab 27 is nice an Tanky. Great brawler with MPLs.

Edited by chibbbaaa, 08 July 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#72 Xezar 123

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

View PostSuperMCDad, on 08 July 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Thoughts?

There is absolutely no bad Bushwacker variant really, all of them are good and you can do anything with them. With the S2 you can for example run it stock with triple MRM20s, triple SRM4s with AC/LB/UAC10, go crazy with AC20 or Gauss Rifle, etc.

Other good options are the Crab, Shadowcat, and Stormcrow, too bad they are not offering the Huntsman too. Uziel and Kintaro are meh at the moment, Phoenix Hawk and Assassin is really love it or hate it,

#73 MavadoG

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

aww, no bonus for tournament supporters this time? Posted Image

Edited by MavadoG, 08 July 2018 - 10:40 PM.

#74 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:27 AM

The reason the S2 is the weakest is because it holds half of its fire power in its arms. Bushwackers normally use its arms for shielding, so you will loss them in most games. Saying that, its still a good mech. Just not as strong as the other ones in its line up. If you don't have one yet, id still pick one up. Just don't get too attract to your arms.
Bruno

#75 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:19 AM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 09 July 2018 - 03:27 AM, said:

The reason the S2 is the weakest is because it holds half of its fire power in its arms. Bushwackers normally use its arms for shielding, so you will loss them in most games. Saying that, its still a good mech. Just not as strong as the other ones in its line up. If you don't have one yet, id still pick one up. Just don't get too attract to your arms.
Bruno

Me thinks you need to recheck your bushwacker stats again . Posted Image

#76 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostMummyPig, on 08 July 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Done and dusted - needed more Clan options as a reward.

There were others with that kind of question: If you look at the available mechs, there are no more medium clan champion mechs available then those offered here. Matt could've added those, but then ppl would've screamed to add all nonhero medium mechs to the list.

#77 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:50 AM

View PostLionheart2012, on 08 July 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Hi team,

Perhaps off topic, but where is the announcement for the July 'mech?

If Russ wouldn't be too afraid to use his own forum: On Twitter Posted Image he wrote the announcement should arrive this Wednesday.
Since it should be an IS heavy (if they keep the rotation), my guess stays for the Crusader.

View PostMavadoG, on 08 July 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Yes, of course we do: 250.000 (C-Bills) like most events.

#78 Fraterna

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:03 AM

sigh. can someone explain wich idiot came up with the idea to get kills/KMDD's with a bloody warhawk?
that mech is so friggin crappy: useful hardpoints barely above knee-hight, poor hitboxes, too much fixed components. but hey, lets make people try to get kills or KMDDs with this pile of junk.

#79 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:23 AM

View PostFraterna, on 09 July 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

sigh. can someone explain wich idiot came up with the idea to get kills/KMDD's with a bloody warhawk?
that mech is so friggin crappy: useful hardpoints barely above knee-hight, poor hitboxes, too much fixed components. but hey, lets make people try to get kills or KMDDs with this pile of junk.

Since I have close to no clan mechs, I used the trial ones, and that Masakari config worked for me. Even decapitated an Awesome in close combat - his cockpit hitzone is just at the height of the Gauss in that configuration. Posted Image

#80 Toek

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostMavadoG, on 08 July 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Just 250000 C-Bills once completing all the 50 matches with 100 matchscore! Relation doesnt fit in my oppinion.

Edited by Toek, 09 July 2018 - 09:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users