Help Me

5 replies to this topic

#1 oxrock

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

Been playing for a little bit now and I think it's about time I start grouping up and trying to learn how to coordinate properly in a unit. I may be new to MWO but I'm no stranger to competitive play. There any units recruiting tolerant of newer players?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:27 AM

I don't think you're going to find a competitive unit that'll just accept new folk. You'll wanna find folk to play CW and Group Queue with first, and then when people put together competitive teams you can ask to join once they've played with you.

Competitive is a whole different game. Start slow, make friends, get there naturally.

~Leone.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:28 AM

Several. It's mostly down to where you're from.

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:35 AM

View Postoxrock, on 11 July 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Been playing for a little bit now and I think it's about time I start grouping up and trying to learn how to coordinate properly in a unit. I may be new to MWO but I'm no stranger to competitive play. There any units recruiting tolerant of newer players?

In Head Hunters Of Davion we accept players of all skill and experience levels - there's a training program to get new recruits up to speed on the main aspects of gameplay, including comms protocol, usage of different weapon systems and integrating them in your builds (with a dedicated build course coming sometime in the future)

Fire up TeamSpeak and start dropping with us on ts3.hhod.com:7345 . If what you see on TeamSpeak and in our mission statement looks like a unit you'd like to be part of, fill in an application form here to apply for unit membership.

If you want to learn more about us first or have any questions about the recruitment process, just ask me and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

#5 oxrock

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

Appreciate the offer shredder but I think I'm looking for a clan unit to join. I've been stocking up on those mechs and I seem to enjoy them the most.

So to amend my original statement, looking for a noob friendly clan unit and I live in North America. I don't necessarily expect to be doing competitive matches right away. Having friends to queue with and to teach me the ropes is the most important thing to me atm.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:38 AM

TBH, this is really the wrong subforum for LFUs - those normally belong in the Faction Play forum. Clans recruit in Factions - Clans, although some clan-aligned merc units may reside in Factions - Merc Corps instead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users