Public Test Session Is Live With Rewards!

151 replies to this topic

#141 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

View PostJames Argent, on 16 July 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

Could we please get some dev clarification on how we should go about claiming the rewards properly?

Relax, it's very obvious they will manually scan the eligible accounts and do the injection.

#142 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 15 July 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Yeah, this does not work if you installed the live version through Steam though.

It does... steps to reproduce:

1) Download the MWO Portal.

2) In the left panel on the portal, select the PTS from the left sidebar, and then click "install" in the bottom right.

3) After it "installs" the PTS and then shortly afterwards when it automatically begins patching that install, X out of the portal to cancel the patching/download process.

4) Navigate to your Steam install of MWO and copy the contents of it, not the folder itself. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MechWarrior Online--the contents of this folder)

5) Navigate to the PST install and paste the copied Steam install of MWO into that folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MWO Public Test--paste into this folder)

6) Once that copy+paste is complete, open the portal, select the PTS from the left sidebar again, and then choose to run the repair tool from the top left drop down menu. This will download 8 files to patch the copied over Steam version of the game and make it a fully functioning PTS version of the game.

7) Press "Play".

#143 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 16 July 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

Relax, it's very obvious they will manually scan the eligible accounts and do the injection.

Actually obviously, it's not obvious that they will manually scan the eligible accounts and then do the injection... hence his questioning the process.

This is PGI we're talking about, you know.

Even when they say they'll do something, they often do not do said something.

For the SUMMER SOLSTICE LOOT BAG EVENT, they said we'd be getting CBill Consumables as potential rewards rather than MC Consumables, and it took them a week to actually implement that, and they never said "oops, sorry" or offered any sort of buyback or anything as to why they didn't do what they said they would do.

#144 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

Is it over yet?

#145 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Clarification on Rewards

Play 10 matches and get over 50 Match score on PTS
The event tracker in PTS was there to help but it may be bugged for some
the 2 million C-BIlls on PTS was just so there was a reward as each challenge requires a reward when I am creating it through the event system.

If you have done 10 matches with a minimum match score of 50 on PTS You will get your rewards on live servers after the patch.
It won't be dependant on the tracking done through the PTS in-game event.
Instead, we will check the PTS database to make sure you completed the event then inject the rewards on the live server.

#146 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Matt!

#147 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't 'relaxing' because the same question had been asked much earlier and there was no answer till now.

#148 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

Looking forward to a new warhorn. Yay thanks. I hope my observations and ideas on the prior page are of some use to someone.

#149 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

Figures. They finally add rewards, and it's the first PTS session I completely forgot to check out during this past weekend.

Edited by Sevronis, 16 July 2018 - 04:53 PM.

#150 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 July 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Clarification on Rewards

Play 10 matches and get over 50 Match score on PTS
The event tracker in PTS was there to help but it may be bugged for some
the 2 million C-BIlls on PTS was just so there was a reward as each challenge requires a reward when I am creating it through the event system.

If you have done 10 matches with a minimum match score of 50 on PTS You will get your rewards on live servers after the patch.
It won't be dependant on the tracking done through the PTS in-game event.
Instead, we will check the PTS database to make sure you completed the event then inject the rewards on the live server.

Pardon my asking for a little more clarification... This Reward Injection to the Live Game will still happen without regard to if someone clicks the "Claim" Button on the PTS In-Game Tracker, right? I hadn't clicked mine on the PTS because I was a little paranoid, so now I'm stuck asking due to confusion. I hope I haven't done myself out of the (C-Bills)+'Cicada WarHorn' Rewards through failure to click?!?!? :mellow:

~D. V. "asking about the oddball issue" Devnull

#151 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

Devnull I am sure you didn't need to click redeem on the PTS based on what they said above.

#152 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 July 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

Pardon my asking for a little more clarification... This Reward Injection to the Live Game will still happen without regard to if someone clicks the "Claim" Button on the PTS In-Game Tracker, right? I hadn't clicked mine on the PTS because I was a little paranoid, so now I'm stuck asking due to confusion. I hope I haven't done myself out of the (C-Bills)+'Cicada WarHorn' Rewards through failure to click?!?!? Posted Image

~D. V. "asking about the oddball issue" Devnull

D.V., you should have it injected into your account the next time you log in... I emailed support about it, and they assured me that the server logs would be checked and accounts that completed their ten @ 50MS games would get the rewards automatically. It worked for me! By the way, the Emerald Cicada 'Warhorn' sounds just a bit lame, but, since I had a CDA-3C without a warhorn in it, now they are a matched pair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users