Why

7 replies to this topic

#1 Summin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

3x clan large + meds is easy to pull off. You can get ~50-70 damage alpha and another 30 with a second clan large trigger.

I just don't know why. why would you mess with ghost heat after all this time? It's there for a very important reason. Why would you alter it? Why would you give this kind of laser vomit such a massive buff?

Gauss recoil does absolutely zero. You just release the Gauss at the end of your laser alpha. There is so many things wrong with this update.

Why was this PTS even considered? It's just...

WHY?

Why not a PTS for the community update?
Why for this?

I really want to know what the balance team is thinking with this PTS I really do. I just don't get it.

Edit: Everything at the top has been buffed, everything below top tier has been nerfed. It's pretty much the exact opposite if you want to actually balance anything. If this update goes through I'm just straight up dropping MW5 and MWO.

Edited by Summin, 14 July 2018 - 01:01 AM.

#2 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

quite contrary to their intended goals, balance has gone in the opposite direction it should have >_>

Posted Image

#3 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:59 PM

AND clan gauss shake as bad as Hgauss on a Deathstrike.... makes no ******* sense...

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostGrus, on 13 July 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

AND clan gauss shake as bad as Hgauss on a Deathstrike.... makes no ******* sense...

doesn't matter that much, fire after the beam much like any HG build.

#5 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

Ghost heat buff on the larges is a BAD change. Clan assaults just blow people up at extreme range. Not fun, they're not what got nerfed.

Gauss recoil is ineffective for the same reasons people said it would be.

#6 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostSmokedJag, on 13 July 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

People chose gauss recoil in the thread because nobody at PGI thought to include a "leave gauss alone" option.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

View PostSmokedJag, on 13 July 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Ghost heat buff on the larges is a BAD change. Clan assaults just blow people up at extreme range. Not fun, they're not what got nerfed.

Hai, I am having fun with my LPL 3-3 or 3-2, similar to Battlemaster setups.

#8 Shaky Snake

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAEST

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

So I've played a few matches on the PTS so far, and some early indications (for me anyway);
  • Tons and tons of ERLL boating going on. It's super easy to get cored at range just due to the sheer volume of ERLLs across the mechs
  • The proposed changes will really hammer clan medium amd small mechs (that don't have the tonnage to mount them, or the armour to compete with them) and effectively buff the assaults that can carry the bigger lasers.
  • The heat is almost unmanageable on hotter maps running an much smaller loadout than before.
  • Running a Double Gauss + Laser build did some really weird things - Fire the gauss and get the recoil (fine), and then the lasers would fire at a 45 degree angle either up or down before snapping back onto the target. Not sure if that is the desired afect or just a PTS bug.
Basically, it feels like using a hammer to swat a fly with universal changes this big just to address the alpha of a limited few mechs. But, on the good side, I have thoroughly enjoyed getting the test account with massive MC and Cbills in it. I now have a long list of new mechs I want to buy after trying them out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users