No replies to this topic

#1 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

My impression so far of what was tested on PTS.

13/07/2018

ER Medium lasers.
- Tried on the Nova prime, heat felt ok but I'm not sure about the damage yet. Stats wise, the weapon now has worse DPS and DPH than the IS ER Medium. I'd suggest perhaps changing the stats to 5.5 dmg 5.25 heat and 1.2 duration to increase DPS and DPH to slight above the IS version while keeping close to the intended effect.

3 ER LL
- Combination of extra range and extra damage is too strong IMHO for 3 without penalty.Long range combat builds become quite strong in open terrain and due to similar cooldown & damage of the ER Med lasers of this build, can overpower them. Suggest returning heat scale to previous number of 2 before penalty.

3 LPL
- Strong with combination of 3 LPL (33dmg) and 4 or more Med lasers (21 to 31.5 for 6) for a burst of 54 to 64.5 although the combination runs somewhat hot.

Gauss recoil
- Forces firing of lasers 1st as previously mentioned, easy to get used to but does allow a bit more time to twist/cover. With this change I would like to see either a health increase and/or explosion damage decrease as it is also forcing a bit more exposure/time for the enemy to react. My Gauss' were exploding very easily, granted this is as is in the regular live game.

At this time I haven't been able to test small clan light mechs as the queue was mostly all assaults. Will try later and update this post

13/07/2018 evening

Played more matches.
Found the queue was dominated by heavies and assaults capable of boating 3 ER LL or 3 LPL laser builds.
The damage output of these seems to quite strong, maybe too strong.

It's also difficult to see the impact of the remainder of the lasers on lighter mechs due to the queue being so heavily weighted.

Edited by Vanguard836, 13 July 2018 - 07:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users