My Detailed Thoughts On Pts

2 replies to this topic

#1 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

Well, let's start with the lasers.
Cerml feels like a worse version of IS erml, but it is supposed to be the other way (or at least they should feel different). It is obviously hit way too hard by the balance team. The "regular" weapon should never have a negative heat/damage ratio.

Cmpl again feels like a downgraded IS version, and it wasn't even a problem. I would advice to revert the changes.

Didn't really see cersl in game nor used it myself cause of lack of tonnage limits and mode being 4x4.

Cerll with increased ghost heat cap seems op, further increasing the high alpha problem. Mechs such as Deathstrike are even more dangerous with 3 cerllas. In FP environment this will allow assaults to do 5-6 cerll builds with relatively low face time. And heavies will just settle with 3erll firing at the same time.

On the other hand, increasing ghost heat cap for clpl seems like a good idea. It's heavier weight doesn't allow clan heavies to effectively boat it, while opening new options for assaults, giving the weapon a reason to be chosen over heavy large laser.

Heavy large laser seems underperforming in scenarios where you can't back it up with cerml. Lighter mechs or the ones without a lot of hardpoints suffer greatly from the change. If you are to decrease it's damage, also decrease it's heat, so said mechs can bring an extra weapon or a targeting computer to supplement lost damage.

Let's now talk about cgauss. Slight weapon kick seemed surprisingly natural, but both kick and charge time seem to be over the boat. So I suggest to keep the kick intact, but remove the charge-up time for both IS and Clan gauss rifles. Only keep the charge up time for heavy gauss.

You see, right now everyone is pumping the gauss at while they burn the lasers on target to minimize face time, so if there is recoil, such mechs will still be forced to fire gauss at the end of laser burn, no matter if charge time is present or not. But for mechs utilizing other playstyles or lighter mechs this should be a welcome change. Since ppcs are not so great right now and also in the same ghost heat group with gauss, you will not make a new poptarting meta or something like that.

Also light gauss will be in a pretty good spot if it will be the only gauss rifle without both kick and charge-up time, giving players a reason to use it. If you only want to apply kick effect to Clan gauss after you remove charge up time, but not the IS one, you should also increase cgauss hp to match the IS gauss.

Without removal of charge-up I would advice to not add recoil to cgauss, but I honestly thing that this is a great opportunity to remove gauss charge up time.

P.S.
I enjoy playing both IS and Clan mechs and don't want them to feel the same way. So I would strongly advice not to just equalize them, but to find other ways to achieve the balance. But if you are to equalize them, at least give Clan mechs quirks or remove them from IS side.

#2 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

Also forgot to test and mention heavy medium lasers. That is because I forgot that they existed. As of now they have an extreme cooldown and burn time for dps builds, short range and low ghost heat limit for and alpha build. And you plan on nerfing them.
There probably are people for whom they work, but I've had no luck with them and also had no problems playing against players using them.

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:31 PM

View PostP0607, on 13 July 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

Also forgot to test and mention heavy medium lasers. That is because I forgot that they existed. As of now they have an extreme cooldown and burn time for dps builds, short range and low ghost heat limit for and alpha build. And you plan on nerfing them.
There probably are people for whom they work, but I've had no luck with them and also had no problems playing against players using them.

My testing showed that they weren't as effective as the overnerfed ERML, and that's saying something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users