4 replies to this topic

#1 Icewraith

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

Observations:

1: With 4v4 there is far less need to carry ammo, which affects builds.

2: Tried out the ER Laser Deathstrike build, lower damage seems ok vs Clan mechs but IS assaults just don't seem to die.

3: Thought the 3 Ghost Heat limit might make something like the Direwolf-A better, tried it- weapons probably perform better but it's still squishy as hell.

4: Tries out some laser-based Arctic Cheetah builds and had issues killing things, but most people were dropping in assaults (and had better presence of mind to keep their backs to walls).

5: Heavy Medium lasers take FOREVER to recharge. I don't feel like they have enough punch

6: If you guys are really serious about C ER Mediums dealing this much damage, you really REALLY need to cut down the beam duration to compensate. Overall usage rates probably won't drop much because no mater how crappy the weapon is to use, it's still a 1 ton 1 crit laser weapon and the small pulse laser has even LESS punch.

7: Gauss shake is annoying, but fire discipline completely negates it. It doesn't really matter how fragile or clunky you make Gauss, the other alternatives are still worse (heavy ACs and PPCs). (Due to worse heat, lower pinpoint damage, worse AC velocity and range)

It seems like the laser nerfs are going to take the "overperforming" Clan builds down a peg, but will also make all the other Clan builds (especially non-Pir1 lights) much worse. A lot of potential Clan builds boil down to "something with backup lasers".

#2 Lolhotep

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostIcewraith, on 14 July 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

"something with backup lasers".

you mean like IS-Mechs? allmost all of them? it's allmost if this PTS is to test if clans like to have their weapons nerved to IS levels ... and worse in the gauss case

the gauss shake is not making the gauss feel powerful just annoying to use, even if you have fire discipline

erLL ... so you're loosing overall 3dmg and gain additional 7 ... and you can build 6erLLboats more efficently ...no range loss btw

erML i as able to pull 2 alphastrikes and then 2 staggerd shots with 4 each in my HBK IIC without overheating

LPL if you can fire 3 of them now essencialy adding 10 dmg for loosing 1 each and the fact that you can only fire 2 ppc at the time. unlessyou want front loaded pinpoint damage there is no reason to use ppc,... just like the IS counter part...

seriously if PGI wants to homogenize the weapons, why 2 tech bases? why the light weapons (IS) if you can just throw away anny differences in the tech and just give everyone the same weapons. throw away all work you put into civil war tech so that only lunatics would use is-gauss or even light gauss if the Clan one has the same weight as the light one. You know LIKE ANY OTHER MW game

#3 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

In general enjoyed the PTS…4v4 is fun.

Clan Gauss Rifle: Did nothing… Recoil was interesting but with a bit is skill you could work around this…I feel this did not have any effect on my ability to damage

Clan ER-Small Laser: Felt ok…maybe ratio stats up to 4.5 damage

Clan ER-Medium Laser: No good…on an assaults you could not tell a difference but when equipped on a light or medium it did seem weaker…I suggest ratio stats to 6 damage but keep the 4s cooldown

Clan ER- Large Laser: Good…the Heat Scale Trigger Increase was amazing…being able to run 3 you don’t miss the damage reduction

Clan Medium Pulse laser: Do not prefer change: I would suggest a change

Clan Large Pulse laser: Good…the Heat Scale Trigger Increase was amazing…being able to run 3 you don’t miss the damage reduction

Heavy Medium Laser: No good: this weapon needs a buff…10 damage is ok but the cooldown and/or range needs to be improved

Heavy Large Laser: Do not prefer change…but if you do please choose to buff some of the other characteristic to offer something for the damage reduction

Edited by Skippynibbles, 14 July 2018 - 07:14 PM.

#4 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostSkippynibbles, on 14 July 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Clan Large Pulse laser: No good…on an assaults you could not tell a difference but when equipped on a light or medium it did seem weaker…I suggest ratio everything to 6 damage but keep the 4s cooldown

You do know that you could fire 3 of them before any GH on the PTS, right? Your comments on this one confused me.

#5 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

View PostRampage, on 14 July 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

You do know that you could fire 3 of them before any GH on the PTS, right? Your comments on this one confused me.

Sorry I was copying and pasting from above in my comment...it was supposed to be the same as Clan ER Large Laser...I have corrected it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users