Pts Matches And Impressions

No replies to this topic

#1 Tiberius Reynolds

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:31 PM

Playing clan mechs and playing IS against the clan mechs I can say these nerfs of the lasers might have gone a bit too far.

On the Clan side my salvos firing against IS opponents lead to greater heat buildup for less effect, so switching tactics still I can not do enough damage or equip enough weapons to make up for a RAC tearing me apart from a Bushwacker or worse getting eaten by a machine gun boat. I have found that using smaller lasers has been forced on a lot of players instead of boating the large lasers but the problem of the machine gun nightmare still lurks.

On the IS side, I have noticed that I have been doing much better against clan opponents and lasting much longer in battle. The weapons have much less effect, but the gauss shake really has made no difference on how often I am hit or missed. I have enjoyed seeing my Victor getting kills however, and becoming a good mech to run on the battlefield.

Short bullet points:

Good:
Smaller short range brawl weapons being used
Less long range boating for heat management vs dmg "these two could change with more players"
More "useless mechs" seeing viable builds

Bad:
Lights for Clan are going to be affected heavily with mediums and smalls
Heavy medium nerf is not needed and makes the weapon useless
Medium Clan mechs will suffer dmg numbers < IS counterparts due to weight and slot issues
heavy mechs are going to suffer heat penalties more than they are now
Piranha can still solo 4 assaults with 12 machine guns

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users