Gauss Change Pts

2 replies to this topic

#1 Free Rasalhague

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:11 PM

The gauss rifle change in my opinion, is a better change than the others. The weapon feels more powerful, and make sense in the real world. I still would like to experience the other gauss things in future pts though

#2 Svarti713

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

I disagree, if IS regular Gauss doesn’t have recoil, why does Clan Gauss have to have it, this is comepletly one sided and wrong. Now if Clans had Heavy Gauss then I’d understand. But until then NOPE.

#3 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

Dual Gauss was never a problem, or perhaps more accurately, never a problem that was exclusive to Clans. The 'problem' was always the potent combination of Gauss when combined with other weapons. First PPCs (which IS also could do), then laser boating.

If we are heading in the direction of lower laser damage on the Clan side, then the need to "nerf" Clan Gauss should disappear. I put quotations around nerf because reticle shake doesn't actually accomplish anything -- in the classic laser + Gauss build, you usually fire the Gauss near the end of the laser burn, so there's nothing for the shake to obscure.

Additionally, the majority of Clan mechs can only handle 1 Gauss. The shake will be, at best, annoying to players that aren't even running the handful of dual Gauss builds.

Edited by process, 15 July 2018 - 04:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users