Pir Beats Assualt Everytime Div2

5 replies to this topic

#1 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

Fix this that is not fair that a pir can chew threw 200 plus points of armor total and kill my cyclops in less then 20 seconds. Those two should never fight each other, never. Why because of the game mechanics not having knock down when something (that weighs 4 times as much as the pir) kicks it allows the pir to wins. Due to it's size it wins most of the time by simply leg humping. A tactic that should not be valid because the assualt mech's foot is literally bigger then the pir. Fix it give the assualt a chance to disable the light mech if it gets too close so it can bring it's guns to bare. No light mech should be given a free kill because the bigger mech can not put it's weapons on target because the target is literally pressing it's torso to my thigh. I am not asking for the old still of knock down because that was broken.

X=weight of mech being ran into
Y=top speed of mech being ran into
Let us make a simple base rule that a mech that is stationary takes will take a mech that is 2.25X moving at 0.5Y to knock it over from any direction excluding DFA.

Now a simple rule for a mech that is in motion and has a head on collision. A mech that is moving and collides head on with another mech will be knocked over if the other mech is at least 1.5X and moving at 0.15Y you will be knocked over.

These are just two simple formulas but if you look at them you do not have the issue of the dragon being able to always bowl over a mech. Now you can add two other formulas that will allow a smaller mech to knock over a bigger one, but as part of that the smaller mech should always fall over.

This would also make advance gyro more desirable as it would mean your mech will not be knocked over as easily.

Please PGI fix this because I start shouting curse words everytime I see a pir in solaris and I am in an assualt.

#2 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

Well, in one match I was lucky because the PIR ran out of ammo after chewing off my first leg.

But it would make Solaris so much more fun if we could kick back those lights, Doesn't need to be a knock down, just kick 'em like an empty can, making them fly high enough to do some clay pidgeon shooting.

#3 Stompa

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCockpit of my Mech

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

I wish you could use the weapons Boltons in close combat. When is the melee in MWO finally coming? Posted Image

#4 Spectralfx

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:36 AM

the real frustrating part in this to me is when you can clearly see your shots clips through the head of that pirhana, that mech was a mistake to begin with.

Edited by Spectralfx, 19 July 2018 - 02:36 AM.

#5 Shwinboy

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Arm mounted weapons?

#6 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Arm mounted weapons in season 1 of solaris I had an anni 1E with two snubnose and 4 mpl in the arms. I would hit a pir dead ct and it would fail to register 60 percent of the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users