2 replies to this topic

#1 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys, just a little food for thoughts on how I feel we could improve the perception of this weapon (since it's the hot topic these days)

To replace the way they are working right now, which is a bit too rewarding in terms of indirect fire:

- Indirect fire (no LoS) double (maybe less? maybe more?) the spread and keep the high arc of fire.
Very imprecise but artillery-like, AoE effect.

- Direct fire (LoS), grants a much more "straight" missile path, not as much but somehow resembling ATM flight path

Artemis upgrade still helps with the lock on strenght and spread reduction as usual.

What's your take on this? :)

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Honestly I think lerms are in a great place as is.
Finally viable SUPPORT weapon without replacing direct fire and aiming superiority.
Cuz when direct fire focus is good the target dies before the lerms arrive in most cases.

As for being too rewarding in terms of indirect fire, perhaps your right, especially locks acquired by a spotter without tag. Perhaps a spread increase is warranted.
This a relic of the games design where each mech gets a free C3 master/slave combo unit.

Indirect fire is also a game play style choice and should not be penalized when the correct equipment is installed such as narc and tag, which can raise indirect play to a higher level.

Also perhaps variable spread lerm tech is in the same boat as LBx ammo.

#3 catsonmeth

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

A line-of-sight bonus would be welcome, along with an AMS buff. I'd love to see different varieties of LRM to add to their utility as an auxiliary weapon without overpowering them. Thunder mines, swarm munitions, that kind of thing. Not likely, but it'd be neat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users