Bnc-3S - Just Feels... Brittle.. Are It's Hit Boxes Working As Intended?

Banshee hitbox

4 replies to this topic

#1 WufflePuppy

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

Hi All,

I just wanted to raise something that I have encountered with the Banshee Mech, specifically the 3S variant.

I wanted to try a laser focused mech that really pushed the buffed standard heatsinks as far as I could, and here is the build, I don't promote myself as some sort of expert build, I based this on a youtube video I watched.

Spoiler

However, despite it's massive amount of armour, it's CT feels incredible vulnerable.

It seems that even relatively small amounts of incoming fire always knock out the Front CT Armour to Zero in moments, even with just plain old LRM fire, also.. I have noted that sometimes rear armour gets hit when being shot at from the front.

I can't help but feel - and this is entirely subjective - that there's potentially something not 100% right with this mechs' hit boxes. Out of all the mechs I play (Mainly Assaults),this mech seems to die incredibly fast, and almost always it's CT is cored out from the front moments into a battle, it's almost as if the mech has NO armor on at all, or only a very minimal amount of armour on it's CT.

Quite often when I am destroyed, the paper doll of the mech shows the only breached location is the CT.

I understand that the CT on this mech is very exposed and will take a bit of a beating, hence its massive 150pts of armour.

I only raise this because it's something I've only noticed on the Banshee 3S.

This is not a request to buff a mech I bought, it's just something I've noted over last week or so that feels wrong.

Could someone do some tests? Could it be a function of low rear armour (Note, when I put more rear armour on, I've not noticed any change, this mech still dies extremely quickly to CT being stripped and cored in moments).

It's just a feeling I have when playing this mech.

Thanks,

WufflePuppy.

#2 TAPAH 483-K

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

The banshee was the best laser mech for me
But the gods of balance decided to kill him
and new ciwil war weapon visuals on him change hardpoints
look at my topic https://mwomercs.com...89#entry6111489

the PGI just fixes bugs from feedback
but ignores comments on new ugly weapon visuals or balance.

Edited by TAPAH 483-K, 19 July 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#3 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

Are you saying this is unique to the 3S variant? Do the others feel normal?

#4 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

This is 1000% anecdotal but my Banshee Siren feels a lot more durable sometimes than my 3S despite the 3S theoretically being much tougher. I never thought anything of it until this thread.

#5 WufflePuppy

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

View PostVorpal Puppy, on 19 July 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

Are you saying this is unique to the 3S variant? Do the others feel normal?

I only own one Banshee variant, the 3S, so cannot speak as to the other variants.

But I do own a lot of assault mechs and several are laser builds, which means similar 'face time' when
engaging enemy 'Mechs at similar ranges. The 3S consistently dies much, much faster than any other
Assault Mech I have, and it's always due to the CT going from undamaged to no armour and amber CT Structure, from what is relatively minor incoming fire.

I tried an experiment with an Atlas, putting only 30 Pts on the CT and playing in a similar manner, I noticed almost identical behaviour. Could it be... that sometimes when this mech spawns into the battle its only got it's bonus armour points for hte CT and not the total Armour?

Another experiment I did was take in an Annihilator into a battle, put approx.150 points of CT armour on it, I noticed that despite this Mechs' incredible size, it was able to take a real beating before loosing CT armour, my Banshee 3S has nearly 150pts of CT front armour, so should - in theory - be closer to the Annihilator in terms of endurance, but it falls apart very quickly.

Again, Proper testing would require a lobby with two players to try this out, unfortunately I don't have anyone to experiment with.

Edited by WufflePuppy, 19 July 2018 - 10:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users