44 replies to this topic

#21 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

AC2 builds are just a pain in maps where they can easily set up position and start wailing on you before you can either run up close and brawl them or hold around in cover and hope they come to you around five mins.

But the Orion IIC is nice but if fighting against another brawler especially a class above it the thing will be slapped around like a rag doll, hell a MDD-C with 2 LBX 10's and full set of 8 quirks I'm betting will out brawl a Orion IIC in Div.2

But I can see every ac2 get jackedhammer into the ground and then pissed on just to make it never see the light of day again.

#22 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:58 AM

Haha I'm pretty sure I'm the only twin lbx 10 mdd-c pilot in div 2
After close to 600 games ive only seen a handful of mdd-c's always with twin lbx 20's

But yeah i can tell you from experience most orions go down unless i fail to keep my distance by running into a block or something :D

#23 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

View Postaardappelianen, on 24 July 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Haha I'm pretty sure I'm the only twin lbx 10 mdd-c pilot in div 2
After close to 600 games ive only seen a handful of mdd-c's always with twin lbx 20's

But yeah i can tell you from experience most orions go down unless i fail to keep my distance by running into a block or something :D

I got rekt'd by one in my Spirit bear and I was keeping up a bit but I couldn't get pass opening a side torso before losing my lbx 20 after a couple of seconds.

#24 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Must've been a copycat, im flattered really :P i wish matchmaker would bless me by matching me up with this pilot once

#25 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

Derek. This message is exclusively for you : The fact that you are able to kill them "most of the times" doesn't involve issues like hit registration most eu/oceanic players have with this game. Now I know the tactic to reach a turret player I didn't expect to come to forums to learn about it. But consider this : while a player of that type just stands at the base pressing one button while I have to find a way to reach him effectively, spread all the dmg and then finally REGISTER hits on his vital parts to finish this fiasco the fun is gone and angers takes place. We supposed to have fun here not to become the guinea pigs of meta lazy people that have NO FREAKING penalty for boating such a cheesy weapon. (which in real battle tech has minimum range for a reason)

#26 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

View PostAlexandros, on 24 July 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Derek. This message is exclusively for you : The fact that you are able to kill them "most of the times" doesn't involve issues like hit registration most eu/oceanic players have with this game. Now I know the tactic to reach a turret player I didn't expect to come to forums to learn about it. But consider this : while a player of that type just stands at the base pressing one button while I have to find a way to reach him effectively, spread all the dmg and then finally REGISTER hits on his vital parts to finish this fiasco the fun is gone and angers takes place. We supposed to have fun here not to become the guinea pigs of meta lazy people that have NO FREAKING penalty for boating such a cheesy weapon. (which in real battle tech has minimum range for a reason)

It actually does. I've had times where the KGC boating ACs hits my Center CT and instead hits my rear CT somehow, as well as hits not registering, I just push on.

And yes, I go through a lot to get to those guys who just sit in the corners of map and I have to push them. Each and every single time. Again, I invite you and others who hate having to deal with them, and see how it's done taking them out.

And sometimes it fails, mostly due to my part, be it positioning or aiming.

Edited by Scout Derek, 24 July 2018 - 07:17 PM.

#27 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

Derek seriously? Do you even read What I write? I KNOW how to deal with them >>> I DONT WANT to deal with them because they don't BELONG to the divisions they are.

#28 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:25 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 July 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Just for added proof, here's a screenshot someone took when spectating me against data in his "meta" king crab. (He's at the top cause he farmed other people, wowie! /Sarcasm)

Posted Image

King crab is not meta in div 2. Just saying.

And no, don't say that choosing mech factory they get an easy win, they're still fat torso magnets. And very Immobile.

The losses I surmount come from people who actually brawl properly and one is from a crashing of a game and another a hiccup on the servers.

Curious what are you running on your Onion and of course your paper doll after the match.

#29 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 25 July 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

Curious what are you running on your Onion and of course your paper doll after the match.

You can find what I run on my postcard, but for a quick loadout;

Lbx20+ 4srm6+a

#30 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:32 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 July 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

You can find what I run on my postcard, but for a quick loadout;

Lbx20+ 4srm6+a

Yup saw that it was the standard brawl onion but I'm actually more curious about the paper doll, since you didn't lose your shieldside.

#31 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:42 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 24 July 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

AC2 builds are just a pain in maps where they can easily set up position and start wailing on you before you can either run up close and brawl them or hold around in cover and hope they come to you around five mins.

But the Orion IIC is nice but if fighting against another brawler especially a class above it the thing will be slapped around like a rag doll, hell a MDD-C with 2 LBX 10's and full set of 8 quirks I'm betting will out brawl a Orion IIC in Div.2

But I can see every ac2 get jackedhammer into the ground and then pissed on just to make it never see the light of day again.

The problem with the LB10-X is that its spread is almost identical to the 20, and it requires more face time to keep its damage up. I've not piloted the Orion IIC yet, but I know that with my Scorch facing 'Mechs with arm mounted weapons such as the MadCat MKII, I alpha an arm immediately to halve their damage. It usually takes just two hits to achieve that. I'm not sure how one loads up a Mad Dog with LB10-Xs, but if they are in the arms the only way an Orion is losing to that is if they are aiming poorly.

Edit: I see that build, it looks great. God bless those light clan SRMs.

Edited by RickySpanish, 26 July 2018 - 04:51 AM.

#32 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

I managed to blow off KGCs with my Orion before, thanks to its smaller size but outrageous armor, cooldown and heat perks in D3, but the level of tonnage and armor difference possible is just ridiculous.

Then again, move them off then the Orion/BNC will be the next D3 nightmare. Its sad that the only strategy is to boat AC2's, but such is the stats - how bout running a 12 player solaris mode FFA, last man standing by weight class, just like MW4? Then it won't be so focused on balancing the chassis performances against each other, and less salt on divisions.

#33 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:04 AM

@title PGI is learning the ways of troll-fu...

#34 SpeedyRR

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

View PostAlexandros, on 24 July 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'd have to agree about the ping/hit reg issue from the EU/oceanic server. The number of times I've lost matches not due to how badly I played or was outplayed, but simply by shots just not counting. This happening over and over in a match/matches is more fustrating than anything else. Classic example yesturday, got 3 alpha's in for free on a rival Orion IIC before the brawl started, one in the back, one in the right flank and one in the face on approach. His armor was slightly yellow in places after 246 potential damage. Then I lost the game as the brawl ensued as I presume more damage just didn't register.

#35 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:35 AM

View PostAlexandros, on 22 July 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

The cherry on top is division two piranhas . I had a fight not so long ago. IF A DEVELOPER WATCHES THE FORUMS let me inform you that the atlas cannot aim at the piranha. You know what this thing is called? It is called an exploit. And you let it happen legitimately.

From Wikipedia:

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.

W A K E U P AND FIX YOUR GAME. THE LOVE AMOUNTS FOR THIS GAME START TO DEPLETE.

I've seen FAR less piranhas in D2 this season, I'm assuming this is due to the King Crabs running around with arm mounted weapons? I think I've only seen one in fact.

#36 TAPAH 483-K

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

View PostAlexandros, on 21 July 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

Who the heck is balancing the game? Does he even play at Solaris?

Good question
I think no one from Piranha games dont play her own game (solaris and facton play exactly)

#37 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

Get a bull's eye decal and enjoy

#38 Fryepod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

I've had a decent amount of fun in Solaris7 and i basically have the same story. Came into the game very early on and only posted a few times to endorse the idea of 1v1. That was back when builds mattered and TTK was a thing. Don't get me wrong, i still have fun in Solaris in some divs. The Bushwacker i found the most fun and ironically being my favorite mech, can face heavies down and fight a light trying to leg me in the next match.

I'm not doing as well as last season in Div1 where the meta is obviously ANH 6xAC2. Still decent but i've been in Faction Play instead. However, if you use the maps to your advantage the right way, last season i was able to land in the top 100 fairly easy with just 4xACs and 6x medium lasers. Narrowed the map choice down to either Bog, Cave or Factory and was able to close the distance on the 6xAC2 meta and core them out on overheating 9/10 times just for lulz.

I've update hopped for a long time. As meta increased and TTK went down the less i've played. I found myself playing more often these days even though all the Marik units i was native to are RIP, but i just would like to enjoy a Mechwarrior game and i can still excell with my own builds in FP and Solaris without *always* having to use meta or some sort of close change to the base meta. I still have to sometimes as shown in Div1 of solaris and yes it pains me too.

Also, the annoying factor that mechs weren't cycled for a new season? What's that about.

I think PGI's easiest fix and fastest fix would be some sort of pre-made builds if they want even ground in Solaris and i say that knowing that removing the mechlab from this kills many people's ambition to even play it. But just like current discussion over FP, it seems that to make any substantive change they'd have to do blanket changes across the entire game.. again.. and i just don't see that happening in way that could possibly satisfy half the fan base without pissing off the other or more.

#39 Torage

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

I play Centurions and Dragons almost exclusively. None of them have an AC/2. Have had no issue getting winning records in Solaris. A lot of people in this game seem to underestimate maneuverability.

#40 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:50 AM

View PostTorage, on 14 August 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

I play Centurions and Dragons almost exclusively. None of them have an AC/2. Have had no issue getting winning records in Solaris. A lot of people in this game seem to underestimate maneuverability.

Cents and Dragons are not even in the divisions where AC2 spam is wide spread, my ShadHawk is in the divisions with AC2 spam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users