Whats Up With These Sponser Mechanics?

11 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:06 AM

so yesterday after getting my mc from the daily event i played 3 solaris matches. today i found i have a sponser. last season dispite many games and being in the top 1000 in at least 2 divisions, i didnt get any sponsers at all.

so whats the trigger, whats the thing you need to do to get your sponsers? what did i do this time that i didnt do last time. mind you i only played 3 matches (winning 2) before i got bored and played with the kitten instead. why so few matches?

Edited by LordNothing, 21 July 2018 - 07:08 AM.

#2 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:24 AM

Yep, I've received few sponsors too for lower divisions, some even just from first game. They've clearly increased their odds, previously it was only top players got them.

I've not received any for div 1 or 2.

#3 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

I think its something like :maintain threshold win/loss ratio over x number of games and gain a sponsorship
Drop below threshold ratio and loose a sponsorship

Through the previous season i always maintained 1 which i think you get for maintaining a positive ratio
Also it seems announcement of the sponsorship is tied with the leaderboard updates so it can take awhile after a win streak
Position on the board doesn't seem to matter

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:03 AM

Before, they were broken in that you couldn't get sponsors (I had rank 3) and it didn't matter since they offered almost no bonus.

Now they still offer no bonus, so nothing's changed.

#5 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

They seem easier to get this season, but thy dont make a huge difference so i wont be investigating why / how its just "immersion"

Edited by ReichKaiser, 21 July 2018 - 05:13 PM.

#6 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

I believe, as I haven't seen any instructions from PGI, that is is based on Elo change or delta over a 24hr period.

If you gain 100 Elo, I bet you will gain a sponsor

#7 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

I got a sponsor 2 days ago and I think he dumped a cool 4.5 million cbills in my account but then he ran off .

I never realized i had a sponsor except for the sponsor trophy showing up and a mysterious 4.5 million cbill injection . I assume he gave me that money as i have no other explanation for where it came from ? Ooh these sponsors are generous .

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 21 July 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

I got a sponsor 2 days ago and I think he dumped a cool 4.5 million cbills in my account but then he ran off .

I never realized i had a sponsor except for the sponsor trophy showing up and a mysterious 4.5 million cbill injection . I assume he gave me that money as i have no other explanation for where it came from ? Ooh these sponsors are generous .

i think those were the prizes for placing last season. i got several million from those.

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

wow now im up to 5 sponsers in different divisions. my scores havent even been all that great. though i did fight one guy with 50 wins to only 7 losses. fought him twice and won the second time around.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 July 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#10 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 July 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

wow now im up to 5 sponsers in different divisions. my scores havent even been all that great. though i did fight one guy with 50 wins to only 7 losses. fought him twice and won the second time around.

I'm pretty sure sponsors are rewarded for time taken to kill an opponent, how effectively you kill an opponent, and how damaged your mech is at the end of each one. At least, a few of the checkboxes to get a sponsor.

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:57 PM

Honestly, sponsos do close to nothing. It's merely a e-peewee thingy for those who need it.
I has sponsor i so good hurr durr.

Posted Image

I had hoped getting sponsors does anything, it doesn't. No decals, no camo, no nothing.

All it does is adding a tiny, insignificant boost to c-bills, xp (lol), and ACC.

Posted Image

It's so little, and so badly presented, it might as well not be in the game at all.
Not sure how rank 1 and 2 do, i got 6 sponsors on rank 3 and their sponsoring is just pittyful.

Posted Image

That's an average win with 6/10 sponsors.

#12 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:01 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 July 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

i think those were the prizes for placing last season. i got several million from those.

Here is the glitch in that theory . I never played Solaris last season .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users