32 replies to this topic

#21 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:43 AM

View PostAthom83, on 23 July 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

Real-talk... I actually like the Thanatos I pre-ordered and the Hellspawn I just bought in-game.

I like the Thanatos myself, it's a nice glass cannon, but one has to admit there would have been far better IS 75t Mechs. Falconer, Dragon Fire, Lao Hu...

#22 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

I use a 2 x Er large, 4 x er med laser build with a light engine making 100kph+. Basically play it like an IS version of the shadowcat. It is fast mid to long range, does good. I would like to see it get a few structure or armor buffs, would love to see an ECM variant

#23 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

Getting them to change actual scale is like pulling teeth with pliers. They only do it when enough popular opinion makes PGI feel it's warranted. Seems like most people just skipped the Uziel.

But perhaps they'd change the hitboxes. If they made it so the arm comprised half of those giant wheels they call side torsos. That might up the survivability of the mech. It would be an easier fix than rescaling. Throw in a light side torso armor and that'll probably do. The Uziel is very agile. Has the highest agility of any 50 ton mech.

It's offensive quirks aren't very well tailored except for the 6P.

#24 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:30 AM

I tried the Uziel trial champion in solaris7. It was just aweful.

While I did appreciate the mobility of this mech, the lb5x in the arm was shooting at... I dont know what it was shooting at, but it was not where I was aiming. It just has huge convergence issues beyond repair, unless you shoot from a distace - then convergence solves itself. I can see it reconfigured as a long range support/sniper, but then again, every mech can do that.

Not to mention the stock armament of 2SNPPC without the cooling to support them. So, one weapon was shooting at the scenery and the others were shutting me down. The only game I was able to win was against another stock Uziel piloted by a player even worse than me. I felt sorry for him.

I hope never to play this mech again.

#25 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 24 July 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

I tried the Uziel trial champion in solaris7. It was just aweful.

While I did appreciate the mobility of this mech, the lb5x in the arm was shooting at... I dont know what it was shooting at, but it was not where I was aiming. It just has huge convergence issues beyond repair, unless you shoot from a distace - then convergence solves itself. I can see it reconfigured as a long range support/sniper, but then again, every mech can do that.

Not to mention the stock armament of 2SNPPC without the cooling to support them. So, one weapon was shooting at the scenery and the others were shutting me down. The only game I was able to win was against another stock Uziel piloted by a player even worse than me. I felt sorry for him.

I hope never to play this mech again.

That's why you buy the Uziel and change the loadout for Solaris. I mained Uziel-3P(C) in Div 7 and ended up as #2 of Div 7 leaderboards.

Edited by El Bandito, 24 July 2018 - 07:20 PM.

#26 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

View PostVesper11, on 23 July 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

Gotta support OP on this one (even though I only shoot Uziels). For mech with low head, huge torso and chickenwalker design it has neither advantages of low chicken profile nor it can use its hands to block damage, while CT can be hit from the side. It should be a little lower (with button to straighten out legs to for extra peeking~) with some of hands armor transferred to STs (like PGI did with some other mechs).

exactly...im not saying make it some invincible super medium...just make it viable for competitive play" as really should be the standard with any mech when considering balance" ...and this mechs performance...in MWO" forgetting other games' has been way way under that bar. hit boxes to large...head should be bigger...and the over all design was meant to be fast, good at spreading damage, and had amazing damage potential for a medium" being it had high mounts, powerful weapons..with decent amount of support weapons to add to that" it has neither the mobility unless running an XL, neither the ability to spread damage, nor the ability to put out reliable damage....as it takes a very good player to pull off 800 damage plus games, and its very rare even then.

#27 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:21 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 23 July 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

I don't know what you feel, of course, but the numbers are crystal clear.

Base acceleration of 50t Mechs:

UZL: 50
CRB: 29,26
HBK: 29,26
ENF: 29,26-33,8
CN9: 29,26 (YLW: 45)
TBT: 29,26
NVA: 29,26
HBKIIC: 20,2

And the 55t BSW: 26,94 (BSW-X2: 33,86)

The Uziel is by far the nimblest of the heavier Mediums. If you use the Skill Tree to improve mobility the difference is even bigger.

The main strength is that mobility: speed, JJ, and acceleration. Pair this with boated ERML e.g. and you get a potent, if vulnerable, cavalry Mech in MWO. Unfortunately most people are either unwilling or incapable of adapting. They just use the same builds they use on their other 50t/55t Mechs; usually too slow in a futile attempt of up-gunning this Mech. That means failure. (Same with the PXH btw.).
Yes, the hitboxes are bad. It's an Uziel, it has a large frontal profile with easily isolated components. That's just what it is.

but that only takes effect if you use a large engine that allows you to make use of that acceleration/deceleration. and if you want any amount of fire power "since can not boat smaller weapons" then you have to carry an XL, which takes away from the already limited durability, and since it does not get the benefit of a low profile found on other chicken leg mechs, it will be an easy XL check. as for people saying if your good enough it works...ok....but you could say that would apply to ANY mech. that is not justification for if its competitive or not, you need to look at the over all performances of mechs based on the majority, as those are the people who make up much of the consumer base and who fill most our matches...and not everyone can be a tier 1 elite pro. even with good builds, this mech only does average at best in this regard. so dont blame lower tier players as an excuse not to fix mechs " look at the thanatos. it needed those changes, and no one complained about it getting them "

Edited by dante245, 24 July 2018 - 10:24 PM.

#28 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:48 AM

I have several Uziel and say yes to a buff.

#29 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

View Postdante245, on 24 July 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

but that only takes effect if you use a large engine that allows you to make use of that acceleration/deceleration.

Acceleration is not dependent on the size of your engine. The Uziel moves like a hyperactive squirrel, and that just begs to be combined with great speed (aka bigger engine). Not doing so is a mistake, plain and simple.

View Postdante245, on 24 July 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

and if you want any amount of fire power "since can not boat smaller weapons" then you have to carry an XL, which takes away from the already limited durability, and since it does not get the benefit of a low profile found on other chicken leg mechs, it will be an easy XL check.

Not using an XL on the Uziel and then complaining about it is basically like buying a Bugatti and then complaining about its lack of cargo space.

Note I am not saying the Mech is great in the hands of a good player. I am saying the Mech serviceable if you play to its strengths. That may very well require the XL and a different playstyle. Perhaps this playstyle is not to your liking or you have not yet reached the necessary skill-level (which is not very high). But then it is just the wrong Mech for you. (You do gravitate towards heavier Mechs, after all!). I am doing alright, not because I'd be some kind of good player but simply because I like medium cavalry Mechs and their style. I adapted, that's all.

I am merely giving you an advice how to have fun with it. Of course you can discard it and continue to complain. ...while I am having fun with it. :)

Edited by FLG 01, 25 July 2018 - 01:58 PM.

#30 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:34 PM

actually..

View PostFLG 01, on 25 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Acceleration is not dependent on the size of your engine. The Uziel moves like a hyperactive squirrel, and that just begs to be combined with great speed (aka bigger engine). Not doing so is a mistake, plain and simple.

Not using an XL on the Uziel and then complaining about it is basically like buying a Bugatti and then complaining about its lack of cargo space.

Note I am not saying the Mech is great in the hands of a good player. I am saying the Mech serviceable if you play to its strengths. That may very well require the XL and a different playstyle. Perhaps this playstyle is not to your liking or you have not yet reached the necessary skill-level (which is not very high). But then it is just the wrong Mech for you. (You do gravitate towards heavier Mechs, after all!). I am doing alright, not because I'd be some kind of good player but simply because I like medium cavalry Mechs and their style. I adapted, that's all.

I am merely giving you an advice how to have fun with it. Of course you can discard it and continue to complain. ...while I am having fun with it. Posted Image

actually..you know me very little and some of these comments proves it. if you actually played with me in any capacity, you would know, as many of our friends and allies know, i play both lights and assaults in almost equal capacity, i tend to avoid the middle but i litterally have even amount of mechs for both clan and IS across the tonnage board in my garage" can photo it if you wish" showing about 30/30/30/30 spread so far. so i know how to play almost every mech and every play style, and am quite competent at builds and relatively skilled overall as a tier 2 player going on tier 1.

i do indeed have play styles and builds i gravitate towards or are more proficient with, but in no way am i incompetent with any other build or play style. if anything, im a jack of all trades..but master of none type player. but, being i do stay very involved in stats, meta builds as they develop and almost religiously live on snuggles times youtube checking out the latest builds, thoughts and reviews of mechs, this mech across the board got bad first reviews from major names like beef, snuggles and blackhawk SC. it never got better than that original stance as it was never reworked while other resistance mechs were to a degree.

as i do agree with some of your points, you are dead wrong on your perceptions of me and simply stereotyping me as one of the many whiners you see on the forums. but i did provide good evidence and arguments on this post, and many others have as well, so im not alone on my feelings about the uziel. even played to its strengths...you will find it hard pressed to not be able to show me some mech at or around that tonnage that does its job BETTER and with more reliability. the mech needs a rework..and not for the higher tier players standards, but for the general populous who really can not be expected to perform at the same level you and i will be performing...and a few good or great games with it does not prove that it does not need rework or buffing. simple as that. and i was very good with the uziel in past installments, so i know what the mechs limitations should or should not be. "also read heavily about it and studied it since its one of my fav mechs in the lore"

PS...please don't assume you know people, it will only hurt your efforts in the future :)

sincerely....a guy who really is just trying to make the game funner for the largest amount possible.:)

#31 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

anyways..back to the uziel discussion...:) anyone have a list of pros/cons they would be willing to throw out for why or why not the uziel should be buffed?

#32 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

View Postdante245, on 28 July 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

anyways..back to the uziel discussion...:) anyone have a list of pros/cons they would be willing to throw out for why or why not the uziel should be buffed?

I see a fair few Uziels around, and they usually do fairly well, to the point I notice them doing well (which I don't do for many chassis). Those two facts together don't mean that they're perfectly balanced, but it does mean that there are definitely worse mechs out there, those that rarely see the light of day, that need a little love first and foremost.

#33 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:08 AM

I own a full compliment of Uziels, havent mastered all of them yet, mostly running LTE builds, between 90-110, a side from hit boxes, main problem is number of weapon points and convergence of arm mounted ones. It has 6 weapon slots, giving 1-3 ballistic slots, really eats in its effectiveness (since you lose others slots, at 50 tones you cant really mount multiple ballistic and 3 MG are a bit sub par with convergence issue). 6P is the best of the bunch, boating single weapon system makes it effective, allowing tonnage to be used for speed.... because like said before, Uziel is a flanker, dont drop JJ, dont drop speed and never stop.Belial can be MRM poker, but dont get under 150 meters of your target... my current pride and joy is 3P(c), 2erlm, 3xac2, 255xl? good enough to hunt lights as well..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users