Panther 10P (2 B, 2 M) The Troubled Teen.

20 replies to this topic

#1 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

Some call this the weekest panter. I call it a builders dream. Just look at those insane quirks.

Ballistic Cooldown− 25 %
Ballistic Range+ 25 %
Ballistic Velocity+ 20 %
Missile Cooldown− 10 %
Missile Range+ 10 %
Missile Velocity+ 10 %

First thing I thought was Ac10 sniper like MoltenMetals build. But then I was like Light Gauss Rifle, since I think, its nearly buffed to the point of using.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...8d79a709be01bf0
If you need more ammo, strip more off the head and arm or add or take jumpjet if you so desire. Now just fall in love with the amazing fast firing Light Gauss Rifle. Have not brought this yet, but think its the next thing on my list, unless I get tempted in the meantime. But though this thing looked super fun to play. Can anyone say Hollander? :)

Bet I could pull 600 damage in this thing once I quirk it. I was never meta, so let it be said. O/ Bruno

Edited by BrunoSSace, 23 July 2018 - 06:00 PM.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

Pointless, use dual AC-2. Single light gauss won't kill anything.

The ballistic Panther is considered the worst for a reason. Did you think the quirks were coincidental?

#3 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

Wont kill anything. Ill post proof soon, challenge accepted
I do agree that dual ac2 might be better but thats not the point of the build. Why go easy Street when I can have some light Gauss fun?

Edited by BrunoSSace, 23 July 2018 - 07:03 PM.

#4 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:06 PM

ah, this is a weird mech. i run it occasionally as one of the only lights i play.
I take either a LB10 or AC10 depending on how much ammo i think im going to burn.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...5d1aee1c55e9875
AC10, 2.5 tons of ammo, XL 265.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...3caf4e774879f8c
LB10, 3 tons of ammo, RL10, XL 265

Both hit 128 kph, use the survival, mobility and firepower trees.
Main reason i use it is the novelty of having such large cooldown reduction (37%), the AC10 fires once every 1.4 seconds (vs 1.66 for stock AC5) and while moving that fast i find its good for eating light legs, especially the LB. not a good mech honestly, but 400-500 damage is pretty achievable

#5 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:52 PM

Utter trash mech. Even 25% quirks can't save this from being dumpster tier.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

I lost to an AC10 PNT-10P in Solaris. So I think in that mode at least it has a use.

#7 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

Mega quirks can't help the panther 10p. While ac2s or a single rac 2 can be fun the mech is just poor. Armor wise it is the second tankiest light the IS have but no guns. Like the rest of the pnts all you have for a secondary or back up is the missile ct slot which means srm or mrm plus ammo.

Out of all the pnts the kk is the best simple because it has its energy points on both arms while the rest end of with a gorilla arm bigger than the mech's ct. I use the rvn 4x over the pnt 10p simply because the rvn 4x gives me everything the 10p can and more without quirks.

#8 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

It would be nice if this gundam's CT hardpoints were 2 energy instead of 2 missile. This would let it pack some basic backup weapons (i.e. 2 ML) for the main gun in case of the RA getting blown off. Having to rely on missiles for backup on a mech that is already tonnage starved from ballistic primary weapons is not a good time.

Much better than that would be Light ACs for the IS. Then you could pack twin LAC/5 and get a super-rapid AC/10 basically.

#9 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:42 PM

You really don't need to worry about losing the arm on this thing as long as you sort of vaguely keep it shielded from incoming LRMs etc. It has the same amount of armor as your CT.

#10 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,932 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:42 AM

It's a novelty to break the boredom of other better play styles that better mechs provide. Play it as such.

AC10/LBX10 poking around corners with something much larger as a battle buddy and actually straight up brawling with 2 AC2s (not sniping but actually getting in there and and never top firing) are the only uses I have ever been able to make of it to get reasonably consistent scores on a level with other mediocre mechs.

Yes I have had some stellar games, but more often you lose the arm to a lucky (shot or a stupid error) and then its essentially game over. A more skilled player I am sure can do some amazing things, but even if you never miss you are still only going to pull off 600 damage (plus arty and incedentals) at best. For me I look at the thing from the pov of: a bad game in a 10P is still more fun than a bad game in a lot of other mechs, but it is still just a novelty to bring out once in a long while. In the current schema I can't see it ever being more than that given its limitations.

#11 IIXxXII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:57 AM

MRM 20 and larger has a higher DPS than LBX-10//AC-10.

That could be the way to go.

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,932 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

View PostIIXxXII, on 24 July 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

If a 20 would fit, perhaps.

#13 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:33 AM

While not a particular fan of that variant, most of you should know my view on the Panther overall...

#14 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:48 AM

MRM20 is vastly inferior to AC10. The AC10 hits a component while MRM20 hits the entire target with low damage per component. Looks good on the end game stats table, but very ineffective damage in practice. MRM are good against big mechs, from short range, and you have to have lots and lots of MRM flying out of you. The other use of MRM is to finsh mech components with near 0 health left - you hose down the target with MRMs, one will hit there.

#15 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

MRM 20 and larger has a higher DPS than LBX-10//AC-10. That could be the way to go.

1. MRM20 wont fit its CT missile slots.

2. MRM20 with -10% CD quirk has 5.1 DPS, while AC10 with -25% CD quirk has 5.5 DPS. Therefore AC10 has better DPS, and pinpoint capability than MRM20.

#16 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Lights need many low-tonnage weapons. This is not a revolutionary concept. Lights with low hardpoint numbers are ****.

#17 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:15 PM

LB10X and some RL’s - just be patient.

#18 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:32 AM

I seem to remember my best performing build was something like...

Endo/ferro
250XL
DHS
near capped armor (think it was a little shaved off the left arm)
1 jump jet
LB5X w/ 1,5 tons ammo
MRM 10 w/ 1 ton ammo

Used it as a heavy/assault mech close support platform (basicaly find a buddy and orbit and engage the same targets)

#19 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:35 AM

View PostYosharian, on 24 July 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Lights need many low-tonnage weapons. This is not a revolutionary concept. Lights with low hardpoint numbers are ****.

Dear Yosharian,
Posted Image
Commando, Jenner

#20 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

I put an L-Gauss on my Cicada 3M. Just because. It was actually quite a bit of fun. I'd be curious to try this panther build out. With 5% more cooldown reduction it'll be snapping off shots so fast. :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users