78 replies to this topic

#1 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

Looks like it may really be last call for CW. Knowing that. Anybody got anything they wanna say besides. Press F.

For me its that clan davion is only still around because pig reset the damn map back when **** still mattered.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

what do you mean press "F"

#3 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 24 July 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

what do you mean press "F"

forogt in which post, but it's a vid clip from another game, press F, to give your respect to the fallen warrior

#4 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

#5 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:23 AM

How many times can us Mercs overrun the Inner Sphere OR Clans before PGI realise it has NUFFING to do with weapon balance, armour quirks or snowflake's melting in Siberia?

* Implement proper, hard capped ACTIVE population balance.
* Limit us durty 'Mercs to procedurally created contracts from a PGI governed MRBC board.
* Implement a proper Loyalist system.
* Implement an actual win condition with definied seasons.

Oh what the hell? It's been nearly four years, going on for six since Closed Beta, I think I need to admit this is going nowhere and find something else to burn my freetime on.

#6 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 26 July 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

How many times can us Mercs overrun the Inner Sphere OR Clans before PGI realise it has NUFFING to do with weapon balance, armour quirks or snowflake's melting in Siberia?

* Implement proper, hard capped ACTIVE population balance.
* Limit us durty 'Mercs to procedurally created contracts from a PGI governed MRBC board.
* Implement a proper Loyalist system.
* Implement an actual win condition with definied seasons.

Oh what the hell? It's been nearly four years, going on for six since Closed Beta, I think I need to admit this is going nowhere and find something else to burn my freetime on.

Gee, things the community, that PGI listens to so well, that have been asked for almost every year, still havent showed up...

#7 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

you guys have the endurance of kenyan marathon runners. Forget F, press uninstall and praise tanner

#8 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

We're still hanging on...

Posted Image

It would be nice if PGI would stop stomping on our fingers though! We all know they have basically run Faction Play into the ground, blasting their own player base into oblivion.

But The Templars are still running 12-mans on Monday/Tuesday night and usually doing some smaller drops Thursday night and weekends. We will keep doing it as long as we are getting matches and having fun because we still like this game and dammit we actually like this community

We have seen the population continue to slip, including many of the other units that we have been lucky enough to battle it out with over the years. At this point the few 12-mans that we see are usually mixed players on a community hub, not folks all in a single unit.

Like the heat death of the universe, the slow decay is inevitable, but we plan to remain huddled around what's left of this community until it finally sputters out completely.

Posted Image

Yes, I know that Blue Giants will burn out quickly compared to smaller, cooler stars. But hey, what if the star on Vitric Forge is actually a Blue Dwarf, that would work, right!? https://en.wikipedia...ed-dwarf_stage

All good things come to and end... just not quite yet.

Edited by Xannatharr, 26 July 2018 - 09:49 AM.

#9 Wolfy36

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:09 PM

I know we are still doing surprisingly alright on numbers over in the Davion TS server, but we have been definitely getting more dry drops over the last few months. "Special" Thursdays (because dear god I don't want to actually use the G word and get another 400 warning emails from PGI) have still had solid results for the most part, but when you need to sit around 30+ minutes just to get a lobby and dry drop.... ugh.

#10 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THAT NIGHT!!!

#11 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:09 AM

View PostLyons De Flamand, on 26 July 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THAT NIGHT!!!

Oh yes you will! Cuz Paul was too tired lol. Yup Its definitely last call boys.

#12 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

To all people who are afraid to leave the sinking ship.
Take the first step there are plenty of games out there that do it better then PGI ever will.
Sure you can always look at that picture frame and think to yourself: those good o'l times and play a match or 2 in MWO, but it's time to move on.

Paul is not the only one who's tired therefore revitalize yourself by leaving. ;)

#13 Syso69

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

Special Thanks to everyone who was taking part in CW, specially my old unit TFDV, my BCMC, EVIL & GOONie pals, my fav claggers from 10D & 420, our icon & love Skyravenwood, & all other peeps who keep mode active.

F

Edited by Syso88, 02 December 2018 - 12:22 PM.

#14 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

It's isn't over! Not until

Posted Image

oh...damn...

#15 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

#16 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Chu-i
  • Chu-i
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 02 December 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

To all people who are afraid to leave the sinking ship.
Take the first step there are plenty of games out there that do it better then PGI ever will.
Sure you can always look at that picture frame and think to yourself: those good o'l times and play a match or 2 in MWO, but it's time to move on.

Paul is not the only one who's tired therefore revitalize yourself by leaving. Posted Image

I tried leaving, but most FPS games are either too cartoonish or they have the same problems as MWO (released as an unfinished product riddled with technical issues). Otherwise I'd probably be playing PUBG or Black Ops already.

Escape From Tarkov looks interesting though.

#17 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

View PostDeepfryer, on 02 December 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

I tried leaving, but most FPS games are either too cartoonish or they have the same problems as MWO (released as an unfinished product riddled with technical issues). Otherwise I'd probably be playing PUBG or Black Ops already.

Escape From Tarkov looks interesting though.

Battlefield 1 is nice and hardly no issues at all, and with Grand Operations you be right at home as a faction player.
Played for like 64 hours there and only saw like 1 bug that made someone invisible but you could still see the rifle. :P
I am mostly playing Battlefield V now but since you don't like bugs you should prolly wait 6 months for that one. ;)

#18 Bjoern Jorgensson

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:11 PM

Paul was too tired?!?!?! Well f**k Paul and f**k PGI for not doing anything to improve cw - my god - was there any news or content announced on mechcon at all besides more ******* mechpacks and mw5 somewhen in 2019? considering how PGI handles stuff it will more realistically be 2020 and the game will still be broken untill they get the basics fixed two years later...
I hate those idiots around russ ******** so much

#19 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

ship had always been sinking boys, its just whether theres enough people bailing water out of it

#20 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:07 AM

So in regard to FP and Mechcon:

On day 1, Paul forgot the list/was to tired to make the list, of the minimalistic changes they are planning for FP...whatever.

I didn’t follow anything on day 2, other than I just saw the write up of the Q&A on outreach wherein Paul referred to the FP changes as thier number 1 priority and in context made it sound as if these changes are to be “a major update”.

But, did we ever actually get “the list”? Or are we still just left hanging with only the pie in the sky FP podcast follow up proposals from ****ing August for what to expect with this “major update”?

Edit: Also...who won the stockmode championship?

Edited by Bud Crue, 03 December 2018 - 02:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users