• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:41 PM

This is a thread I think that should be made for solaris, I've been noticing an influx of players that are not so skilled as those at the top or above average. This thread's for you guys.

Simply ask a question, and I'll (or hopefully others) will give insight on how to better yourself or beat specific builds.

Sometimes it's not a matter of builds, but technique and effort to better yourself as a pilot within 1v1 situations.

I'm willing to go out and offer some Training sessions too, via voice chat or through chat in-game. However, my knowledge is best and only for Divisions 2-6, 2 and 3 being the strongest, Division 4 being the weakest of knowledge of division meta, tactics, and etc.

Hope to see some of you ask tactics on how to beat them (or me, lol) Posted Image

(Edit; Inspiration of thread taken from the New Player Thread found here)

Edited by Scout Derek, 24 July 2018 - 10:42 PM.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

This is one last thing I wanted to say before questions or anything else happens,

I think that ELO doesn't matter, but WLR does. High ELO usually means they're good, but on the off chance there is always that moment when you know a player isn't as good as his ELO is.

There is always a strategy to beat other players, no matter who they are or what they pilot. Dedication, effort, and understanding how your opponent thinks is the key to winning matches. Remember that with each loss, you learn something, even if it is small, or large, it is the key to betting yourself. Watch them if you have to, you might always find out something.

To be honest, I think quick play sucks right now, so I will dedicate my time to Solaris instead, where I can find, or help, people that I fight, and so on.

#3 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Well... if trying to potato and cheese around ANH's in Ishiyama Caves is considered the reason why all Div's 1 are made equal - and strategy determines outcome, thus the mechs are fair is the current logic.

At least after the recent ANH torso nerf, I have a sliver of a chance to blow off one half an ANH to make it a fair fight and have a 50% chance of winning (after eating that torso and having mine with at least some armor left - one could guess the odds). Everything else is death by sheer friggin armor and immortal critical slots, no matter how accurate my dakka is, and no matter how inaccurate the ANH is.

That 100 dmg into the back after hiding round a corner shutdown was priceless tho - but I have to cheese to that extent to reliably win over the average ANH. Im guessing a DW-UV might have a fighting chance with 8 dakkas, but aint gonna bank on it when all top ranks are ac2x6 ANHs. These divisions are literally dividing the the game rather than creating fair fights from what im seeing. *buys ANH for myself*

Edited by KassimBaba, 26 July 2018 - 08:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users