9 replies to this topic

#1 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

Just perusing around for some Solaris-centric builds for different divisions, partly to see what crazy builds people have tried and partly for inspiration on builds I could do.

Doesn't seem to be thread dedicated to this. Maybe if the search function worked...

Speaking of which, I miss the old forum section where each class had a sub forum for builds.

As for me, mostly been playing Div 4 and though I started with a dual LB20 Hunchback I've shifted over to a AC20+4xSRM4 Shadowhawk. I do have a 4xLBX2 Jager built and every once in a while I take it for a spin but it's not terribly interesting.

In Div 5, I built a dual AC20 Rifleman and its been decently successful. Its hot but laying into targets 20 damage at a time is pretty brutal.

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

I took a dual LB20-X triple SRM 6 Warhawk B to 1700 Elo last season in Div 2. It was an absolute murder boat and I could have gone much higher, but I was going on holiday and only wanted to get into the top 500 in that one division. Sadly, it has been promoted to d1 now which is... Beyond ******** but hey ho when the developers can't play the game passed 1480 trololol.

I didn't have much luck in the other divisions as my reaction times are a tad slow and my aim is off, my Scorch did well in d1 but I couldn't break 1650 as that entire division was full of Annihilators. It had the same build as the Warhawk but with an extra SRM launcher.

I have been trying to find a replacement for my Warhawk in d2 before I get back, I think the Orion IIC is a strong contender - 4 SRM 6s, an LB20-X and lasers or heat sinks to fill in the gaps seems like a plan. The Sun Spider is also *almost* a good idea with dual LB20-Xs and SRM 6s (or 4s), but it will die to the Orion or my previous favourite d2 build - the Boom Hammer. I'll let you guess what that wields, given my apparent preference for just two weapon systems.

#3 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:55 AM

Div 1, the 6x AC2 2 LL Annihilator 2A is great.

Div 2, I've been using the 6x AC2 King Crab... yea things can beat it, but most players can't, so it's pretty easy mode. Same build as the ANH, 6x AC2 2 LL.

Div 3, the VTR-9S with AC20 and 3 ASRM6 is good.

Div 4, the ZEU-9S with 6 MPL + MRM40 is good, but the 6x AC2 Jager JM6-DD is easymode.

Div 5, I just ran a 4 ASRM6 Kintaro, it killed most things pretty good, but a smart light / fast medium kiting it would really be a pain to deal with.

Div 6, The Vindicator 1X is champion here, 2 MPL, MRM40, 3 MG's worked great.

Div 7, I hate this div, my Uziel with 2 LB10X + 2 MPL worked OK I guess, but I do not like it much.

#4 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:05 PM

In the first week of S7 I've seen a dude with a dual heavy gauss Catapult. No armor, I guess. Don't do that.

Today I faced an Arctic Cheetah that brought 6 (six!) flamers. That was it. Hexaflamer. He didn't have all chat active. While I was standing there, typing some tips on how to use flamers and that they work different in S7, he ran around "shooting" me until he shut down. He made single digit damage. We learn: Don't boat flamers in S7.

#5 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 25 July 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Div 1, the 6x AC2 2 LL Annihilator 2A is great.

Div 2, I've been using the 6x AC2 King Crab... yea things can beat it, but most players can't, so it's pretty easy mode. Same build as the ANH, 6x AC2 2 LL.

Div 4, the ZEU-9S with 6 MPL + MRM40 is good, but the 6x AC2 Jager JM6-DD is easymode.

Div 5, I just ran a 4 ASRM6 Kintaro, it killed most things pretty good, but a smart light / fast medium kiting it would really be a pain to deal with.

Div 6, The Vindicator 1X is champion here, 2 MPL, MRM40, 3 MG's worked great.

Div 7, I hate this div, my Uziel with 2 LB10X + 2 MPL worked OK I guess, but I do not like it much.

Thanks for the list

View PostRickySpanish, on 25 July 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

I took a dual LB20-X triple SRM 6 Warhawk B to 1700 Elo last season in Div 2. It was an absolute murder boat and I could have gone much higher, but I was going on holiday and only wanted to get into the top 500 in that one division. Sadly, it has been promoted to d1 now which is... Beyond ******** but hey ho when the developers can't play the game passed 1480 trololol.

I didn't have much luck in the other divisions as my reaction times are a tad slow and my aim is off, my Scorch did well in d1 but I couldn't break 1650 as that entire division was full of Annihilators. It had the same build as the Warhawk but with an extra SRM launcher.

I have been trying to find a replacement for my Warhawk in d2 before I get back, I think the Orion IIC is a strong contender - 4 SRM 6s, an LB20-X and lasers or heat sinks to fill in the gaps seems like a plan. The Sun Spider is also *almost* a good idea with dual LB20-Xs and SRM 6s (or 4s), but it will die to the Orion or my previous favourite d2 build - the Boom Hammer. I'll let you guess what that wields, given my apparent preference for just two weapon systems.

Thats some solid piloting!

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 25 July 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Orion IIC-A best onion for div 2, can kill most stuff if you know how to pilot it :3

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 July 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

Orion IIC-A best onion for div 2, can kill most stuff if you know how to pilot it :3

It's a bad-*** 'Mech, I'll roll some of that season 1 gxp reward into a shiney new Orion to continue sucker punching krabs. Scorch in d1 might be more playable if there's not just Annihilators there now, but then again those torsii...

#8 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:42 PM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 25 July 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

In the first week of S7 I've seen a dude with a dual heavy gauss Catapult. No armor, I guess. Don't do that.

Today I faced an Arctic Cheetah that brought 6 (six!) flamers. That was it. Hexaflamer. He didn't have all chat active. While I was standing there, typing some tips on how to use flamers and that they work different in S7, he ran around "shooting" me until he shut down. He made single digit damage. We learn: Don't boat flamers in S7.

I briefly had a brain wave about using Flamers to shut down AC spammers on my triple LB10-X Ilya... And then I thought, hang on, nobody else has done this. So I read the patch notes and remembered that our esteemeed game play balancing team only do their jobs while drunk and parachuting out of a plane.

#9 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 25 July 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

It's a bad-*** 'Mech, I'll roll some of that season 1 gxp reward into a shiney new Orion to continue sucker punching krabs. Scorch in d1 might be more playable if there's not just Annihilators there now, but then again those torsii...

Honestly some mechs need a perma ban due to their nature to boat weapons.

I suggested it before around discord I believe, but weapon boating bans would be nice.

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:14 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 25 July 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Orion VA with 4xSRM-6 and UAC-20. Aim for legs and you'll eat any opponent.

RFL-3C is my go-to there. It's basically a baby version of that Jagermech build.

Vindicator 1AA with MRM40 and 4xSPL.There's also an Uziel that can boat MRM60.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users