Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

Laserjusticewarriors#!

#22 catsonmeth

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

LRMs still suck. You just see more of them because idiot potatoes think they got a game-breaking buff.

#23 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

View Postcatsonmeth, on 26 July 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

LRMs still suck. You just see more of them because idiot potatoes think they got a game-breaking buff.

Just out of curiosity, have you played them or played against them in faction warfare, where the lurming side had a narc light?

#24 Leetskeet

• Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:59 PM

They suck though.

#25 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

There is a good reason why OP is in my ignore list.

#26 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

Hmm great idea bro-mech.

#27 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

View PostVillainy, on 26 July 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

No.

Yes.

You need to watch the video, clearly this is a great thing as far as balance goes and not at all worse than it was six months ago.

Narcs either need 40 per ton or they need to last 3-4 minutes at their current ammo count.

Praise be to Chris.

#28 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:56 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 26 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Narcs either need 40 per ton or they need to last 3-4 minutes at their current ammo count.

Please no. Having to hide from indirect LRMs for 3-4 minutes at a time would simply not be fun.

NARC should only last for 1 minute at most. But I agree it needs more ammo per ton.

I also think NARC should do more. NARC should explode for 6-8 damage when its duration expires. You should also be able to manually detonate it. And when it explodes it should have a disruption/scramble effect on the attached mech's HUD/sensors (their HUD should go all wonky and their sensors should cut out for a few seconds). PPCs should also get a skill tree unlock for the same type of HUD disruption ability.

By combining the homing pod, explosive pod, and scramble pod into one ammo type, that would give NARC some much needed added utility.

And for TAG they need to add ARROWIV to the game. The primary purpose of TAG should be guiding in ARROWIVs.

Edited by Khobai, 27 July 2018 - 12:02 AM.

#29 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:55 AM

In my experience the only time you see the fearsome lurm meta people cry about is when people co-ordinate and are able to pile on the hurt, lurms are unique since they can fire without line of sight but ultimately they require a hell of a lot more teamwork than a ball of brawlers do to roll a team. The main issue with lurms is a lack of agency because there isn't a lot you can do against massed lurms, where as in a brawl you have completely control.

#30 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostS O L A I S, on 26 July 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

We now need to embrace the meta and to spam PGI for narc buffs. Narcs should last much, much longer than they do now or they need to increase narc ammo.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/288541731

While this looks insane, the question is if this would work so well against a coordinated team too.
The opposing team was already quite close, often less than 500m. I wonder what happened if they would have pushed together instead of just standing outside the volcano. They also only had a single AMS which currently is probably wrong on such lurm-friendly maps.

So this particular example was against a weak team that didn't even try to fight back, i'd like to see a match against better opponents who already adapted to LRMs on certain maps.

Edited by Daggett, 27 July 2018 - 02:23 AM.

#31 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:24 AM

View PostDaggett, on 27 July 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

While this looks insane, the question is if this would work so well against a coordinated team too.
The opposing team was already quite close, often less than 500m. I wonder what happened if they would have pushed together instead of just standing outside the volcano. They also only had a single AMS which currently is probably wrong on such lurm-friendly maps.

So this particular example was against a weak team that didn't even try to fight back, i'd like to see a match against better opponents who already adapted to LRMs on certain maps.

yes it wuld work ... before they get anything inrange they wuld be dead or lose most of their firepower/armour

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 27 July 2018 - 07:24 AM.

#32 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 27 July 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

yes it wuld work ... before they get anything inrange they wuld be dead or lose most of their firepower/armour

That's what you expect, however i'm not that sure. Only real matches can tell.

For example who protects the narc-raven if the opponent fields a dedicated light-mech hunter that's agile enough to evade the slow narcs? The presence of such a mech alone could pressure the narcer enough to deny him good positions to shoot his narcs from. Which in turn may give your team enough time to get a solid push going.

Edited by Daggett, 27 July 2018 - 08:05 AM.

#33 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

I had a few matches like that in the past. Most of the time I cannot convince my team to push, no matter how hard I try.

The last three times that happened, I just used my Kit Fox to sneak around into their back after my AMS were dry and managed to kill one of their Assaults by backstabbing (I was the last guy on our team at the time). The second time I pushed with my Nova after my 2 AMS were out of ammo and just the LAMS was still runing and was focused down. The third time I pushed with my Crab and some other guy, we got one of them, while a second lurm Assault relocated and when I continued pushing I was focused down.

I often feel like people are afraid to scratch the paint on their brand new Mechs. Nobody wants to be shot at. Everybody is ready to support a push, but nobody is willing to lead it, because everybody "has a support build".

#34 Villainy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSomewhere there is Ramen

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 July 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

There is a good reason why OP is in my ignore list.

Cause Bunny is a barely-successful troll? Lol

LRMs ain't Meta, because Vellron hasn't sent me 1100 PMs rubbing it in my face. ****** pilots are Meta. ****** pilots in middle boats. And all you have to do is get one or two friends, have a couple AMS between you and PRESS W.
Anyone using LRMs as a main weapon is at a massive disadvantage in close range, so just walk up and **** them. If you're having trouble with this I suggest not just walking in circles.

#35 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 27 July 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

I actually just logged off from a QP gaming session in which in one game we encountered a trio of LRM boats on Caustic, much like the video. Initially we agreed to hold D5 and wait for their nascar, but when the LRM boats started firing a drop-caller called for a push across the caldera. I was pressing the second I saw the LRM boat and took a huge alpha from two of them (I was in a Hunchback IIC at the time) but pushed them back out of the caldera before I died.

There was a bit of salt over comms because the drop caller felt the assaults weren't pressing fast enough, but I saw that our group was doing fine (the team had closed while I was getting LRMed to death and two of the LRM boats were trying to take evasive actions so they weren't firing on our assaults) so I typed out we're doing fine, keep pressing and cut the insults. Once the gap was closed and our assaults were chewing through their team without their assaults able to output effective damage the roll was on. I told everyone they were doing a good job and keep the roll going.

It ended up 12 to 4 for us.

#36 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:44 PM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 July 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

so lrms are the new meta ... well if so ... ill give this game about a year till its totaly dead

Except...

ECM

AMS

Radar Deprivation skill nodes

Are pretty much passive defenses VS LRMs

Maps like...

Solaris City
Crimson Straight
River City
Mining Colective
Canyon Network
Veridian Bog
HPG Manifold

Provide even a total moron with enough cover they can accidentally survive LRM attacks

Maps like...

Frozen City
Rubellite Oasis
Forest Colony
Terra Therma
Caustic Valley

Allow a player with minimal awareness access to LRM defenses

While maps like

Polar Highlands
Grim Plexus
Alpine Peaks

Require paying a little bit of attention to not blunder into LRM fire and get taken down.

Tally that up will you, seven maps where an LRM boat needs to jump hoops to land even minimal damage,five maps where an LRM boat needs to pay attention with target selection positioning and timing and three maps where LRMs come close to being as effective as direct fire weapons with lock on a fire will probably deal some damage BUT STILL FALLS SHORT of direct fire weapon's lethality.

I'm an old timer from closed beta before we had ECM and AMS no radar deprivation nodes etc. Our only defence from LRMs was not getting locked onto or not getting hit. And back then it was common place for an enemy team to have grouped players in it. That means LRM boats frequently had spotters to hold locks. And may I add hit reg back then was terrible when targeting light mechs that also were FASTER and SMALLER! because Engine caps were not in place yet,no host state rewind and the rescale hadn't happened yet.

LRMs were much much more dangerous then and that was during the rise of player numbers not a decline.

Edited by Lykaon, 27 July 2018 - 01:46 PM.

#37 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:49 PM

View PostLykaon, on 27 July 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

... Tally that up will you, seven maps where an LRM boat needs to jump hoops to land even minimal damage,five maps where an LRM boat needs to pay attention with target selection positioning and timing and three maps where LRMs come close to being as effective as direct fire weapons with lock on a fire will probably deal some damage BUT STILL FALLS SHORT of direct fire weapon's lethality.

LRMs were much much more dangerous then and that was during the rise of player numbers not a decline.

Wrong. Add Caustic and Boreal Vault to your list of LRM good maps, and remove Grim, and you're closer, but still wrong. They do not fall short of direct fire lethality there. Honestly, have you ever even played LRM's in a group with a decent NARC spotter on these maps? Until you do, don't dismiss them. I'm not talking about a guy with 2 LRM 15's and some medium lasers, either. Take ACTUAL LURM BOATS, like 60 tubes at a minimum (45 for IS), with 3k MINIMUM rounds of LRM ammo. It's disgusting how broken it is.

On the other maps, yes, you have to jump through hoops to make them minimally effective. The same can be said for ER Laser builds, or brawler builds, or really any specialized build.

#38 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:10 PM

lol i dont need to give feedback on this post...the many other comments shooting down this ludicrous idea LRMS are " meta" or " overpowered" says it all. the people have spoken...now get woke and get good.

#39 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 27 July 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Wrong. Add Caustic and Boreal Vault to your list of LRM good maps, and remove Grim, and you're closer, but still wrong. They do not fall short of direct fire lethality there. Honestly, have you ever even played LRM's in a group with a decent NARC spotter on these maps? Until you do, don't dismiss them. I'm not talking about a guy with 2 LRM 15's and some medium lasers, either. Take ACTUAL LURM BOATS, like 60 tubes at a minimum (45 for IS), with 3k MINIMUM rounds of LRM ammo. It's disgusting how broken it is.

How many ams did your group have?

Edited by Kroete, 27 July 2018 - 06:02 PM.

#40 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

View PostKroete, on 27 July 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

How many ams did your group have?

You misunderstand... I was on the LRM team. It was like clubbing baby seals.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users