#102 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

View Posttaalo, on 31 July 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Unable to log in to this round of PTS... I keep getting a network error message, so I play normal MWO instead.

PTS 1.1 was shutdown yesterday.. or was the the day before... Tina posted it somewhere...

#103 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

View PostWarmasterRaptor, on 31 July 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

And summer and vacations aren’t a thing at this time of the year...

MAYBE NOT WHERE YOU ARE... but in North America and Europe... Its summer time and also school vacation time. Every year there's a drop off in players between May and August. In N.A. primary/secondary education holidays typically begin mid to late june and go until the Monday after labour day. Post-secondary education usually gets out in May and resumes late august/early september. Coincidently..families then take vacations while their children are not in school. Or to otherwise enjoy the warm summer weather.

#104 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 31 July 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

Posted Image
Checkout your most recent downward trend. It started when Chris implemented some of his LRM changes, and really took a nosedive once he added more LRM buffs and this whole Clan Gauss and laser vomit fiasco started.

PGI, please stop.

I don't recall the date, but did we lose the 32bit players somewhere in that time line

#105 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 31 July 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

I don't recall the date, but did we lose the 32bit players somewhere in that time line

WHO WANTS A CLAN NERF LEMME HEAR YA SAY YEAH!!!
*Crickets*

#106 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 31 July 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

That's pretty much 10 Players less, outdated Software is outdated.

Also, why do people cherrypick the data of a graph so it suits their agenda?

#107 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostNaitrael, on 31 July 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Also, why do people cherrypick the data of a graph so it suits their agenda?

If changes on 900-1200 people group (who Russ himself stated to be approximately half of MWO population) dataset don’t represent common trends of player activity you probably need to study statistics a bit more.

Tho I’d agree that graph isn’t best thing there. This table is:
Posted Image

a. yes there was summer drops in previous years but not freaking 15-18% percents like in last two month.
b. if you look back, lowest avg. players was at September and now only August began and this number is already lowest than ever and most likely will see at least 2 month more of population decline
c. previous year had nowhere near amount of event happening now and yet decline is still far more stronger

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 31 July 2018 - 11:41 PM.

#108 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:56 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 31 July 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

If changes on 900-1200 people group (who Russ himself stated to be approximately half of MWO population) dataset don’t represent common trends of player activity you probably need to study statistics a bit more.

a. yes there was summer drops in previous years but not freaking 15-18% percents like in last two month.
b. if you look back, lowest avg. players was at September and now only August began and this number is already lowest than ever and most likely will see at least 2 month more of population decline
c. previous year had nowhere near amount of event happening now and yet decline is still far more stronger

Pretty sure, I don't need that. I just don't see isolated numbers.
a. Yes the Summer Drop this year was bigger than in previous years, but the increase in the months beforehand weren't as big as well. Dec '18 and April/May '18 catapulted the average playercount to a number higher than it was at any moment in the previous two years.
b. You can't make predictions about unfiltered statistics.
c. I can't say for a certainty that this is true or false but subjectively I don't have that feeling.

All that I can read out of the Steamchart is:
- Universal playercount has barely decreased (It's an old game, not AAA, not beginner-friendly => decrease should actually average out at 10-15% annually)
- Player behaviour has changed (more spikes, more peaks, lower average)

My assumption: the more players, who are unhappy with changes and probably perform above-average, leave, the more players with less experience and thus no care towards these changes will stay due to them performing better in the absence of the better players.

Which is not a trend I would like, I would prefer a more distinct seperation between the two playerbases. More seperation would lead to longer waiting times though, so that's not gonna happen.

Again, these are all interpretations and statistics with this low complexity won't bring us far. My point was that decreasing the complexity even more by taking only one chunk of it only results in worthless data that doesn't tell us anything.

Edited by Naitrael, 01 August 2018 - 12:56 AM.

#109 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:13 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 31 July 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

MAYBE NOT WHERE YOU ARE... but in North America and Europe... Its summer time and also school vacation time. Every year there's a drop off in players between May and August. In N.A. primary/secondary education holidays typically begin mid to late june and go until the Monday after labour day. Post-secondary education usually gets out in May and resumes late august/early september. Coincidently..families then take vacations while their children are not in school. Or to otherwise enjoy the warm summer weather.

That was my point my dude ! XD I am in NA ! (Last time I checked , Canada was still up there :P)

No worries ;) no offense taken, forgot that « /s » at the end to make it clear that I was saying what you explained in a lot more words :P

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 01 August 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#110 Infamati Et Obliterati

• PipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:16 AM

Steam charts now puts the last 30 day average below 900... Which is the lowest it's ever been on steam. You can then assume the direct connection players are also trending downwards. We'll i'll give it till they finish the clan nerfs, see how bad they are and check the pop levels at that time. Then determine if i'm canceling my preorders and looking for a new game.

#111 Corqund

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMagyarország

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:37 AM

https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/

Current active players: 63369
Current retired players: 180631
Database last edited: 2018 July 12

Current active players: 57119
Current retired players: 189797
Database last edited: 2018 August 01

-9166 players....

THX PGI!

Edited by Corqund, 01 August 2018 - 07:56 AM.

#112 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

View PostRadkres, on 31 July 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Tuesday August 7th is when they give it to us on Live

where do you have that info from?

#113 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

View PostCorqund, on 01 August 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/

Current active players: 63369
Current retired players: 180631
Database last edited: 2018 July 12

Current active players: 57119
Current retired players: 189797
Database last edited: 2018 August 01

-9166 players....

THX PGI!

Subtracting active players in Season 24 (about 57k) from active players in Season 25 (about 63k) actually shows a drop of about 6,000. Where are you getting 9,166 from?

#114 Corqund

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMagyarország

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostBrauer, on 01 August 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Subtracting active players in Season 24 (about 57k) from active players in Season 25 (about 63k) actually shows a drop of about 6,000. Where are you getting 9,166 from?

Current retired players: 189797 Database last edited: 2018 August 01 - Current retired players: 180631 Database last edited: 2018 July 12 = 9166 retired old players
-6250 players = -9166 retired players + 2916 new players

Edited by Corqund, 01 August 2018 - 01:41 PM.

#115 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 01 August 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

From the initial post in this thread.

#116 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 01 August 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

I had to reread the previous posts because I read that first thinking "there is no patching on August 7... is there..?" Then reread the OP and thought, just in case... repost the following :) /hai, I am getting old.... :)

All players who have played at least 10 matches with minimum of 50 Match Score on the PTS client this weekend will receive the following prizes to their live client account on Tuesday August 7th:

#117 FrontlineAssembly

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFort Smith Arkansas...can't belive I moved to Arkansas of all places....

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:28 PM

View PostB0oN, on 31 July 2018 - 03:28 AM, said:

What if I told you that it´s mostly the boss himself doing that balancing ?
How to go on from there ?

If it is Russ...then the company is more screwed then we see. Cause outside of out right revolt, Or if PGI has a board of Directors, they remove him. But as Chris is the listed Balance guy. He would probably take the fall for Russ. Or they do nothing and the player base continues to nosedive, and they have a dead game.
Happy now???

#118 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

When do we get the rewards?

#119 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

I thought today, haven't logged in yet to confirm, but thought it was said on the 7th . . . today

#120 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:04 AM

So crazy idea, not that I really care any more because of all the nerfs to clans and pgi wanting to keep nerfing them, why not just allow mix tech? the timeline is already advanced far enough along, would prob be a good compromise and would prob bring players back to the game in droves!

But you know.. if they keep this up people might just take this failing game and translate it to just PGI failing and not buy MW5 or cancel pre-orders. I kinda hope so in the fact that it would be a wake up call for you all, which you need! I was thinking about buying it before, now, NOPE.

PGI are you even reading or listening to your player base?! lol course not cause you had HUGE MWO player names do the work for you on balancing and you threw it in their face.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users