Faction Play - A New Hope (Pgi Taking Input)

1163 replies to this topic

#1101 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:37 PM

Carefull what u are asking for. A won't happen because of programming work. B. than u will have 90% plus siege non stop.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 21 July 2020 - 02:17 AM.

#1102 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:34 AM

View Postburning wisky, on 08 February 2020 - 04:50 AM, said:

question of the DAY !!!
Battelmaster Quirk + 1 Laser more befor penalty or Hellbringer ECM + nothing + nothing
What is better ?
A minmaxed Battlemaster can actually (juuust barely) eat the heat penalty from two lasers past penalty

Edited by Horseman, 19 July 2020 - 02:44 PM.

#1103 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:36 AM

View PostHorseman, on 19 July 2020 - 02:34 AM, said:

A minmaxed Battlemaster can actually (juuust barely) eat the heat penalty from two lasers past penalty

Yeah, and I really find it odd how some folks don't realize how efficient (e.g., powerful) IS ERLL builds (and frankly, many other types of IS builds) are.

#1104 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 20 July 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

Yeah, and I really find it odd how some folks don't realize how efficient (e.g., powerful) IS ERLL builds (and frankly, many other types of IS builds) are.

For some of them it's far easier to complain "clans OP plz nerf"

#1105 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

View PostHorseman, on 20 July 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

For some of them it's far easier to complain "clans OP plz nerf"

Yeah, and I've always had a different experience than most it seems. While some either say Clan is too powerful, or is the preferred "meta," IS just fits my style better. Even if I'm not running the most viable, meta loadout, I do not find myself outgunned in FP against clans. I - usually - find my team unwilling to use IS strengths to their fullest advantage.

#1106 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:16 AM

A dangerous mindset I see is that when guys go up against coordinated opposition and lose, they blame tech instead. At the end of the day teamwork is OP.

#1107 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

Could we just Idk bring planet tags back, because that would be great and maybe even lead to faction play revitalization as it gives units more reason to play!

On that same note bringing scouting back would be dope as well, maybe with a few changes but still, it was a fun mode and gave some mechs a small niche where they were useful. (I do think the scouting rewards system likely needs a rework though)

#1108 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:02 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 30 July 2020 - 07:35 AM, said:

On that same note bringing scouting back would be dope as well, maybe with a few changes but still, it was a fun mode and gave some mechs a small niche where they were useful. (I do think the scouting rewards system likely needs a rework though)
Indeed. I LOVE scouting - it was a VERY different mode from everything else that's on offer and deserves more exposure.

#1109 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:05 AM

View PostHorseman, on 30 July 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Indeed. I LOVE scouting - it was a VERY different mode from everything else that's on offer and deserves more exposure.

I enjoyed increasing my faction rank on scouting alone; it was also nice to play mediums all the time.

Wish PGI would bring the old faction system back; I'd even wager an event that allowed Assault Scout lances would've been great for the mode.

#1110 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:22 AM

Simple stuff

1) timer from 30 mins to 40 mins: 30 mins were ok in 2015 when time to kill was half as it is now (and i loved it): the gates are already too narrow, and its frustrating to be forced to suicide rush or, even worse, objective rush, just cause you got no time left.

2) LRMs are the no skill cancer that ruined the game: LRMs base velocity must be dragged way down to 120 m/s or even less

3) overall increase of mobility, especially on assaults: cause getting killed by a commando just cause you don't have enough pitch or turn rate to even fight and shoot back causes frustration and uninstall asap

4)removal of stupid nerfs on clan lasers and gauss: litterally noone used laser vomit in comp, even before the last clan laser damage nerf: it has been about ppcs and dakka since 2017, still you guys nefed gauss and lasers again and again.

these simple 4 steps and FP and the game itself overall may become half decent again

Edited by D A T A, 14 August 2020 - 04:27 AM.

#1111 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:33 AM

Is it time to shake-up things up a bit in FP? Perhaps play with dropdeck tonnage a bit, steer up things up a bit, ay?
I know I am a bit tired of seeing 48+ assault per game, >50% of mechs used per game are assaults very often.

What you say dropdeck tonnage changes from time to time, not too often, just to steer things up from time to time.

220vs230 or something similar? What other FP regulars think about this?

#1112 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

I like the idea. The current tonnage is to much for my taste. But they should not go to low. We already know, that most players are to bad to win vs streak boat in light or medium.

#1113 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:21 AM

Hey everyone! I just wanted to maybe test the waters and see if we could make a one-stop shop for unit recruiting that could make things less overwhelming for new players. Drop your recruiting card for your unit here!

Company Name: Beat Down Mechasickle Club [BTDN]

Unit Size: GROWING

Hierarchy: Patch Holders, Prospects, and Hangarounds

Unit Focus: Casual Gaming, Community Warfare/FACTION PLAY, Solaris, Comp Play.

Playtimes: US TIME ZONE IN EVENINGS EVERY DAY. Euro and Oceanic players welcome as well!

Roles to Fill: We are looking for pilots who want to play well in an organized fashion

Comms:
Discord: Beatdown: https:discord.gg/kTP7dsP

New unit, but experienced leaders.

Teamwork is OP

O7. Respect.

How to Join:

Come to comms: Beatdown: https:discord.gg/kTP7dsP

That's it. Easy as pie. Looking forward to seeing you join the unit, Mechwarrior! Let's play Faction Play and make some easy C-Bills!

Invisible wall, much, PGI?Posted Image

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 27 September 2020 - 08:21 AM.

#1114 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 06:03 PM

DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN TALK

#1115 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:14 PM

guys nothing you say here , has not already been suggested long ago.

#1116 Carmenblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • 839 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTerra Firma

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:35 PM

Event, please!

Edited by Carmenblade, 03 January 2021 - 11:26 PM.

#1117 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 10:14 AM

View Postblackbullitt, on 28 October 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN TALK

Who you talking to? Posted Image

Edited by General Solo, 06 January 2021 - 10:14 AM.

#1118 Jumping Gigolo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 214 posts
  • LocationAny red light district or above 27,000ft on a mile-high club jet

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:52 PM

I'm back. Let's make CW great again.

For starters, gather all the Lurmers, take them all on a helicopter ride, and drop 'em like it's Pinochet.

#1119 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:27 AM

If you really want people to be involved more in this game and to invest time and money in it you need to give them something to really fight for and that is faction play.

Here are my suggestions:
- add weapon manufacturers and these non standard weapons can be aquired by fighting in faction play, conquering planets, or faction play salvage in the form of salvage loot boxes containing weapons / equipment from different manufacturers. These should contain just weapons/equipment and cbills MC no cosmetics so it feels like salvage wins. Make the equipment different not straight out better, so maybe small pulse with 20% more dmg but 25% less range as an example or Laser targeting computer with extra range for lasers but reduced velocity for other weapons.
Every new season add one more batch of new weapon/equipment flavours and unique new mech variants, maybe even some slightly better weapons like 6.1 dmg or 6.2 instead of 6 but not more just an incentive to get something you can only get from Faction play.
-make units/loyalists be able to upgrade the siege bases, maybe just upgrade it in the beginning like make 10 variants of the siege maps with more turrets. Turrets put in more strategic positions next to the objectives not just on the wall at the gate and maybe turrets with more weapons/armor/hp that we can upgrade through and we put in cbills and upgrade the map is changed in the pool. It would be a good Cbills sink for people who got to many cbills... or for people who want to contribute to the war effort.
-Make each planet based on biome run only those maps- it may require maps to have another coat of paint based on that biome maybe minor changes also.
-shared mc gains system if you have fought an x amount of matches on that planet and contributed to the win you should gain some small amount of mc, events grant 100-200 per achievement so maybe if you play 10 matches you gain x mc per day, if you play 20,50,100 matches you get more mc per day based on matches played beyond 10. So people have an incentive to play Faction play even without a unit knowing if they contribute enough they will get rewards beyond the faction rewards grind which needs a rework. This can be made like a continuous event for fast implementation and then integrated into the FP MC rewards from planet.
-When we conquer a very important planet that’s worth more mc give us access to a unique variant of a mech or unique weapons so we have a feeling of accomplishment and reward
-when someone wins the FP Map give them massive rewards of Cbills/MC/mechwbays/Mechs/Salvage loot boxes based on how many matches they played and won, so if you played x matches and won y you get rewards based on that so it feels like a war effort and war win reward.
Make constant updates weekly on a day like Thursday the state of the Faction play war map with some little story added in like you used to a while ago
I can only dream we end up making community driven events in Faction Play like the ones of EVE online.
I`m sure we have enough Lore experts here to be made a group of Community faction play story writers to submit these short stories to PGI every week to be posted and added rewards to as events.

Edited by ADI84000, 01 February 2021 - 01:30 AM.

#1120 Domtik

Rookie

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:19 PM

I think that increasing damage output of the drop ships and increase the range of them to create a risk vs reward for spawn camping the drop point. That seems to be that standard operation in a lot of the FP matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users