#601 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:14 PM

View PostDungeon 206, on 19 August 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

PGI / Chris / Paul
i just had a 12-0 tier 1 game in QP where the highest dmg score on the enemy team was 182.
i took a screenshot to prove it. if this forum interface was simpler to use for uploading photos i would have uploaded it.

this is what happens when you keep pandering to bad players
this is what has become of the level of play.
this is why streamers have stopped streaming MWO, and ginormous numbers of players have left.
Not because of clan vs IS "imbalance".
Not because of 94pt boogeyman that hardly any player worth his salt uses.

Calm down and breath. There is both a Faction Play event and a Test Server running so the Matchmaker for Quickplay probably opened the Tier 1 matches to Tier 4s. It happens. Things will return to "normal" once the event is over later this week. Even if most of us know the current "normal" isn't what we want MWO to operate at.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 20 August 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#602 Sir Immortal Shadow

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKenora, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:25 AM

View PostDungeon 206, on 19 August 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

the more you increase TTK for these bad players. the more you take away the incentive or motivation to actually improve and get good at the game.

Won't new players improve faster if they can actually survive long enough to see what works and what doesn't?
You know, getting to spend some time in actual gameplay instead of loading and waiting screens.

#603 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

View PostSir Immortal Shadow, on 13 September 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Won't new players improve faster if they can actually survive long enough to see what works and what doesn't?
You know, getting to spend some time in actual gameplay instead of loading and waiting screens.

No, because surviving doesn't teach you anything. If you play poorly, but keep winning because better players can carry you, how are you going to know what needs improvement or even how to improve it? Longer TTK makes it increasinly easier to carry bad players because good players don't get punished for the mistakes they make and because there is less chance for a worse player to incidentally capitalize on any mistakes that the good player does make.

#604 Reivles

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:43 AM

To make LRMs more interesting, I'm hugely interested in the suggestion earlier in the thread regarding tracking speed.
Leave LRMs as they are, or even make them faster again - but nerf their ability to track, especially via indirect fire.
Then make Artemis drastically improve their spread and tracking speed when they're in LOS.
And do the same for NARCs (leaving the cooldown nerf in place, that's fine) and TAGs.

... So you can hurl indirect fire missiles at the enemy, and the enemy can avoid them by breaking lock, finding cover, or getting out of the way Even having an enemy mech run for cover can be a useful suppression effect, regardless of whether the volley hits.
Dire Wolves standing in the open might remain sad... but I am okay with that, y'know? That's when LRMs have a place. And an LRM 20's fat spread might actually be welcome, as allowing a partial hit due to sheer area of effect implications. Beyond that, they're effectively MRMs that trade the need to stare at the opponent in return for the ability to correct their aim at all, range and damage output notwithstanding, and the old "Hit things over the hill 300m away" effect remains entirely in effect (And is one I'm fine with, because that at least involves LRMboats being, at least, in the second line of battle).

Then if you want to actually hit anything that can accelerate properly, you'll need to devote tonnage or teamwork to hitting things... and have, at some point, LOS come to the party. And your LRMboat might have to actually participate in the battle to do it.

Edited by Reivles, 21 September 2018 - 04:11 AM.

#605 Caelvin

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:48 AM

I don't find balance between IS mechs and Clan mechs - stock IS mechs with no skill trees are more powerful and durable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users