- - - - -

Joystick

Question Help Me

22 replies to this topic

#21 Shraden

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:09 PM

I just bought a Logitech X56 and I am having no luck in trying to map the two front buttons on the throttle for Left and Right torso twist. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:42 PM

Use a mouse for the twist/aiming?

The game doesn't actually take separate inputs for torso twist regardless of the options, or at least I've never been able to get them to work. You twist when you aim left and right. As such your aiming device, whether a joystick or mouse, is your torso twist.

#23 Venturestein

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:14 AM

Joysticks work good on most fronts. Especially helpful when you want to have all your stuff like stealth, jump jets and other secondary systems withing close reach. The HUGE drawback is you lose most of you ability to target individual components with your fire. You will have to mount weapons in your arms and use the POVHAT for precise damage or turn the sensitivity way up on your vertical axis. Either way you're going to want to get a lot of practice in on the training grounds to get it down. Much like you I was an old school MW player and wanted to use the Joystick but the mouse KB combo has a much shallower learning curve. I had the same problem in Warthunder and finally had to just cave and go mouse KB to be competitive at higher levels. I am only Tier 3 and I can tell you I could not fight these fights reliably with a Joystick. The only exception would be if I had the rudder pedals to use in conjunction. Then you could set you torso twist to the feet and arm movement to the xy on your mech. That or my dream controller would be if someone could find a way for my original steel battalion controller to work on PC. Holy crap that would be glorious!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users