Looks Like Only The Clan Side Faction Play People Are Using Lurms...

13 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:49 AM

With the current clan war event going on, I have not seen a single lurm boat all day. I have seen a couple Mechs bringing 2 launchers, but not a single boat. Didn't count, but I think I have played something like 15 matches today. Nothing. Completely empty.

Guess all of them are busy in the event. Because I cannot believe they all just packed up and went home. :)

#2 Phlynn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:04 AM

It is domination. Only played twice and it was a complete rout both times.

Crimson Straight - got dropped on the side that has either no cover or hide under the platform. Lots of LRM and other missiles raining down while we attempt to cross open water or hold the beacon without decent cover.

Forest - again dropped on side that had to sit in the road to be in the beacon with a big hill behind so you can't maneuver or form a fire line. I think the team gave up - we just let the timer run out with most on their second mech. Not many missiles - just lots of airstrikes and artillery.

Edited by Phlynn, 11 August 2018 - 07:05 AM.

#3 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 11 August 2018 - 04:49 AM, said:

With the current clan war event going on, I have not seen a single lurm boat all day. I have seen a couple Mechs bringing 2 launchers, but not a single boat. Didn't count, but I think I have played something like 15 matches today. Nothing. Completely empty.

Guess all of them are busy in the event. Because I cannot believe they all just packed up and went home. Posted Image

That's a bit unclear. But I understand you mean you aren't see much LRM boats on QP because they all are playing FP event. Which very well could be so.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 11 August 2018 - 08:34 AM.

#4 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:35 AM

I guess I was. I only do quick play.

I was told to "git gud" before I start doing either faction or Solaris, so here I am. ;)

Also, let me say that I do not mind if PGI keeps doing faction warfare Clan based events regularly in the future. ;)

#5 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:41 AM

Edit: Missread the thread.

Yes, there are a lot of lrmers in faction right now.

They probably REALLY hate linebackers about now.

Edited by Prototelis, 11 August 2018 - 10:43 AM.

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:37 PM

Hopefully it's players that don't normally run Clan mechs that are using the lrms. Clan lrms notoriously suck, so it makes it even easier for those that don't run such trash builds.

#7 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:16 PM

First match I had last night there were a lot of lrms. My Kitfox ended up with over 2k missile kills.

#8 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

It's just that Clan direct fire support mechs are very strong. You will see a few LRM mechs, a few supernovas that super boat them, a few Mad dogs that try, but by and large, they will get creamed by linebackers and helbringers that just don't care about LRMs.

It also doesn't help that ECM is very common amongst clans.

View PostJackal Noble, on 11 August 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hopefully it's players that don't normally run Clan mechs that are using the lrms. Clan lrms notoriously suck, so it makes it even easier for those that don't run such trash builds.

Clan LRMs are half as heavy as IS LRMs. Yeah the spread is a bit crappy, sure, but you're firing twice as many LRMs, and there are far fewer Clan mechs with AMS then IS.

#9 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:45 PM

youre joking right, FP is a lrm fest that hasnt stopped since the IS event

#10 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:22 AM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 11 August 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

I am only doing quick play. And since the lurmers are all in FP, they are not bothering me. ;) As I said, we should do this more often. ;)

#11 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:05 AM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 11 August 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

I'm really not, There are far fewer LRMs in the air right now when compared to a typical QP game, or at least, it's like that in my experience.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Clans can actually get away with equipping LRMS/ATMs due to lower weight/smaller packages as well as enough hardpoints for other weapons. And LRMS do not have a minimum range where they do no damage (ATMS do but it is nothing like isLRMS) On one of my Alts mechs, LRMS are secondary weapons, with primary being energy/uacs. I use them while getting into position and at times as a area of denial (aim at ground location and see enemy who just peeked back up in a hurry....

If equipped most players do not turn off their AMS either so a player can give away his position if he is under cover/hidden.

#13 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 11 August 2018 - 04:49 AM, said:

Guess all of them are busy in the event. Because I cannot believe they all just packed up and went home. Posted Image

Played every day so far. Alot of the play was with LRMs.

It was glorious.

LRMs galore, with some matches both sides having 6+ LRM boats and 2 NARCers at any given time.. It was like..

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a LRM war!

At one point, my Charlie lance was made up of SNV-A LRM boats exclusively.. and Bravo lance of 4x Piranhas. I tough they would spot for us.. alas, they just capped, and we LRM boats got rushed and slaughtered Posted Image

Anyways..

These last two event are hella fun!

Edited by Vellron2005, 12 August 2018 - 11:22 PM.

#14 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

I was away most of the weekend but managed two FP games last night. Crimson and HPG. I still saw a large number of LRM boats on both sides. On Crimson and HPG. Just confirms that they're not the brightest bunch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users