Recomended Assaults

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sikasulia

Rookie

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

With the sale currently going on i have decided to pick up 5 assaults for general play, i currently have one assault-a mauler knockout. My general playstyle is aggressive-constantly pushing even though i find myself out of position due to that aggressiveness. I do not like playing lrn boats, the one's i'm successful with i treat the lrm's as gap closers until i am in position for other weapons. I am not good with gauss rifles preferring other ballistics.

I am leaning towards the Highlander 732B and 733, the Stalker 3FB, the Battlemaster 3S, and the Awesome 8T. Are there any others out of the ones on sale that i should consider?

#2 Sikasulia

Rookie

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

As you can see, I am looking at Inner Sphere mechs. For clan mechs I would pick up either the Marauder IIC pack or Mad Cat Mark II pack.

#3 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

Best ones on the sale are:

VTR9A1 - very versatile ballistic boat, can do 3x lbx10, 3x ac10, 2x hgr, 2x uac10 / uac5, and a few others.

VTR9S - great brawler, 3x ASRM6 and an AC20. Can't do much else, but it does that quite well.

BLR-1G - best inner sphere ER laser boat, 5 erll plus tcomp, or 6 erll, both are good.

AWS-8R - very good inner sphere lrm boat.

STK-3FB - very good inner sphere large laser boat, can also do er larges, but its range isn't as good as the BLR-1G, though it has ECM which makes up for it a bit.

#4 Shinichi Yamamoto

• PipPip
  • Tai-i
  • Tai-i
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

I second Eisenhorne.
I own the BLR-1G, STK-3FB and VTR-9S myself and I can recommend them as well. LThe Stalker could also do 2 MRM30s and 6 MLs, might be better for QP to skill up.
I personally also really like the AS7-K with a HGR, MRM40 and 4 MLs, but the Atlas is a feast or famine Mech, for less experienced players overproportionally leaning towards the famine side.

#5 WabbitNinja

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:29 AM

Another strong, classic assualt mech is the Mauler MX-90. This mech is hellishly good at IS dakka with 6 ballistic hardpoints, allowing for some insane competitive builds such as 6x uac 2, 4x uac 5, etc. (The key being the hardpoints are all located relatively high at the torsos). Personally, a more new player friendly build I often find myself running is the 4x LB 10 build...
Code: A65820Z1|db|JO|JOp31|o?|o?q31|o?|o?rF0sF0t21|JO|JOu21|JO|JOv40|JOw:09090
Again this is a great mech to run at all levels while having a reasonable priceline. Some builds however, like the 4x LB 10, can be better run by mechs like the Annihilator (1x specifically) or the Slepnir, however these mechs are often locked into their roles and don't allow for the flexibility of the MX-90 (Except for the Slepnir, but its the SlepnirPosted Image ).
To sum this all up, the mauler MX-90 is simply a great mech that would be a great addition to your mech collection whether that be for QP, Group Play, or FP (Just torso twist your way out of anything).

#6 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

My go to assault is the cyclops 10Q running MRM100 (2xMRM20, 2xMRM30). If you stagger them in two groups of 50 you can keep the missiles flying. As you get into late game and enemies are softened up, getting up close and personal and puking 100 damage at them is a pretty nice way to take them out.

#7 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:49 AM

I do not know if they are on sale, but I highly recommend Fafnir-5 and King Crab-0000. Fafnir 5 for ECM and torso quad ballistics, and King Crab for sheer amount of versitility wth dual arm ballistics, quad energy and quad missile hardpoints in side torsos. Both are super tanky but KingCrab is a bit more volnurable beause of huge center torso.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users