Clan Vs Wolf Event...

36 replies to this topic

#21 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:53 AM

View PostMancika, on 11 August 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

Last match all my team saw just piranhas and lrms. AMS is worthless, several tons of ammo burnt without even a pause. We couldnt even step out of the base, narced, missiled to dust. No wonder FP is as it is, played mostly at events and barely by anyone except those who are that "dedicated" and can afford to wait hillarious times just to get into a match.

I always loved lrms, used them since I play, but this is just overkill. No sense at all.

TBH, lrms are not the reason why FP is as it is. Historically lrms have been a sure way to get stomped in FW, but inclusion of QP maps has made boating lrms easier with polar, alpine, frozen, caustic.. prob some other places also..
Aimbot missile spam has always been effective if used on a proper map with narcs. If opfor has not prepared to face lrms, and is a pug team with no balls to push or patience to wait, you gonna have a really bad game. Ecm & radarderp nerfs by skill tree and engine decoupling was a good buff and latest velocity n heat bonuses the icing on the cake.

Better get used to it as gameplay on open maps is gonna be boring and stupid for a long time. Usually one or two matches on open maps is enough to get me quit for the night. Though, gotta say, getting hammered eases the pain of loading missiles to your mechs.

ps. Just shoot the narcer, never chase it.

#22 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:10 AM

View PostMancika, on 11 August 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Funny that everyone states his/her superiority. Why am I even trying.

Why are you playing CW just for Event trash?

If your only there for trash your going to be treated like trash.

Your original post is riddled with fallacies. Fallacies we have come to expect from solo casual lacking the ability to actually participate outside of Events.

What you expect? Your QP mindset and 'tactics' to keep you afloat in the deep end? Not pay attention to the warning or just click OK?

You have far bigger problems if you cannot even leave base before your 'narc'd and missled to dust'.

#23 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 14 August 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

Why are you playing CW just for Event trash?

Oh get over yourself, it isn't trash. PGI specifically is pulling players in, with high value rewards if they can achieve the goals. For some it may be difficult, others it won't be. For some they'll need to hide in big groups, others won't. It doesn't matter. What matters is that they are playing.

Your original post is riddled with fallacies. Fallacies we have come to expect from solo casual lacking the ability to actually participate outside of Events.

Are they fallacies? His truth is his, just the same as yours. Luckily for the OP he had a higher chance of running into other solos than the same EVMC, I mean BCMC/EVIL, group repeatedly.

What you expect? Your QP mindset and 'tactics' to keep you afloat in the deep end? Not pay attention to the warning or just click OK?

Eh... Most of the games were played on QP maps, if there was a semblance of unity in game they had every chance to win since.. It's the same as QP in the first wave.

You have far bigger problems if you cannot even leave base before your 'narc'd and missled to dust'.

I assure you I would narc 90% of your team before you left your base, too Posted Image

I have always marveled at your elitist mindset and holier than thou attitude when you're pretty much bottom barrel in the mode too. I guess you just have to validate yourself on "casuals" since you can't do anything on your own.
Shrug.

Kudos!

Edited by McGoat, 14 August 2018 - 05:13 AM.

#24 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

No, what matters is that they keep playing, and that they learn and improve, also outside of events. Retention rate on the events is horrible, just wait until tomorrow and see. Which means all the event-grinding solo-pugs are just getting in the way of team vs team games.

as for the QP aspect, that stops after the first wave, and if you have little experience in FP and are well on top after wave 1, you'll lose anyway because a co-ordinated group can and will make up for a botched/goofed first wave. Seen it dozens of times. And that's not talking about conquest, which is an entirely different beast in FP as it is in QP (and for the better IMHO)

As for the classic BCMC/EVIL grandspeak: *yawn*, nobody's scared of the boogeyman anymore, drop the act.

#25 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 11 August 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

I have 6300 on my supernova... was in the game against OP, ran it dry. Don't feel bad OP, we were a premade 12 man.

Rookie numbers. 8k+ or your worthless.
Posted Image

#26 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 14 August 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

lol I generally like having more than zero extra heatsinks :)

#27 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

Odd, I keep reading that LRMs do not work.

"All" the good players say so.

#28 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

A way to chat and post links while waiting in the first screen would help the PUGS that are not on Teamspeak.

Is that possible?

#29 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 14 August 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

A way to chat and post links while waiting in the first screen would help the PUGS that are not on Teamspeak.

Is that possible?

Took OVER 4 years to get the chat in the first place... you might be asking too much.

#30 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 14 August 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

lrms work on a few very specific maps that have no or very little vertical cover, in a coordinated team with many boats and skilled spotters/narcers. This means they don't work in quick play, they don't work while dropping solo, and they don't work on maps where you can stand behind cover (most maps). So if you had to generalize it's easier to say lrms don't work

#31 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:21 PM

Good players fall into two groups, the ones that share honest advice and the ones that will intentionally mislead for their amusement.

I'm in the latter group.

#32 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:32 PM

LRMs work for farming damage and smashing timid/pug/bad teams. Which, for an unfortunate while, is the vast majority of FW.

There's only two maps where a Piranha can even get to the other DZ in less than ~90 seconds at best (Piranha moves 40 meters/second, give or take a couple). If someone is still in their DZ 90 seconds after the drop they're going to lose the match regardless of the other team unless the other team is even worse. The mechs with the actual LRMs would still be about 60 seconds behind the Piranhas to hit LRM range at ~950m (assuming it's not LRM mediums or LBKs or something equally nutty).

So 2-3min after the match starts assuming the other team is on the ball you're getting LRM warnings from 800-900m away and you've got a couple to some lights (2-4?) in among all 12 of you. 2 to 3 minutes in. Get into cover, shoot the lights.

A team that's losing to that consistently and getting smashed back to their DZ on wave 1 would have lost the same match if the winning side had brought trial mechs.

The reason that several years after FW has been out we still have people losing the vast majority of the time is that instead of coming out of a loss going 'What did I do wrong, what did the other team do right and how do I adapt and improve' a big chunk of the population says 'The other side cheated/haxx/was a big mean bully face and it was impossible! I'm going to do the exact same thing I did last time in the next match and expect it to play out the exact opposite!'

The only thing you can ever blame the winning side for is out-playing you. Capping you out, farming you with LRMs, LBK rush, ERLL spam from a corner of the map, gen rush. Doesn't matter. The winner won because the loser played worse where it mattered. What changes things from 'losing a match' to 'being a loser' is not learning from the loss and attempting to improve.

Edited by MischiefSC, 14 August 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#33 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:38 PM

Lurms don't work. Good narcing with Lurm support is ******* nasty.

#34 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 14 August 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

Bro I know there's no way you take that clag build to actual drops-- look at all the armor on that thing!

#35 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:44 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 14 August 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

Took OVER 4 years to get the chat in the first place... you might be asking too much.

WOW, and it looks like something a 14-year-old would have set up in the 1990's. I can't believe this is that hard. PGI is some sort of "computer/software" company, right? Maybe they should have a bring your "kids to work day" and let them set up a chat room.

ONE TIME, some time ago some of us PUGS had time and we typed out a "plan" and it worked. That was one time out of 500.

Let's say you are on defense at a map that is good for LRMs. The TEAM had a few minutes to several hours to plan their mechs and who drops when. And they sit in a circle jer...uh...jamboree and talk about how smart they were/are.

It's like a Football TEAM playing against 20-30 guys hanging out near the field and the TEAM thinks they are so smart.

WE THOUGHT OF HAVING NARCERS! (because we are so smart) totally forgetting that the other side had no opportunity to plan anything.

This is one reason that FW events suck balls. PUGs just hit Faction and then they see what happens. Teams plan what they are going to do before they go expecting most of the time to be playing against players that do not know how to open gates or destroy Gens. I remember a couple of months ago watching two guys shoot the gates to open them because they did not how they work.

Back in the day, you could have given me 10 men with knowledge of the area and time to pick our weapons and tactics and then you could drop 20 guys off a truck, tell them to quickly pick what they wanted and we could have killed them easily.

Notice that Arab armies always lose to "Western" armies.

Whatever, this game owes me 8 months of PT. I often just leave the game on just for that reason, lol.

P.S. I need to stop taking the Meds that the Vet gave my dog. But thanks to the Purdue family conning stupid, greedy doctors and you funking junkies, I can't get muscle relaxers/pain medication etc.

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 14 August 2018 - 05:49 PM.

#36 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:54 PM

I recently started another FTP Alt account.

And a new player gets a fair amount of C-Bills etc for going through the Acadamy.

I was thinking maybe after 3-4 years PGI could add a very simple FW add-on. I'd say that 98.3% of the PUGs playing FW have never walked the Siege maps. Most do not know where the turrets or Gens are at.

So pay them (it seems like this is the only way in the world we live in now) to explore the siege maps. Give them C-Bills when they shoot turrets or drop a gate. Show the paths to take, show good places to set up on defense. Talk about talking with th..o wait, no chat ...well, talking during the match.

GIVE THEM MONEY FOR SPEAKING INTO THEIR MIC.

Put a solid 3-4 years into making it and I think it will help. If this game is still being played.

#37 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:53 AM

We need more salt in here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users