#41 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostMycroft000, on 16 August 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

You say lucky for me he is willing to lead? Nah, I’d rather enjoy a bad match with 11 solo players than deal with someone who legitimately believes he can carry a faction match to a win.

lol you say that like it's impossible to carry a faction match to a win. I've had a handful of games with 15 kills or more, 3500 damage or more, and we still barely squeak out a win. I'm sure Ash has had a few similar games. Those are the most fun honestly, where you are single-handedly killing more than 1/4 of the enemy team by yourself.

#42 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:57 PM

You say lucky for me he is willing to lead? Nah, I’d rather enjoy a bad match with 11 solo players than deal with someone who legitimately believes he can carry a faction match to a win.

The fact you think I can't has made my day. Hilarious.

I've done it many times, as I do in QP. But then it's like the guys that I headshot etc saying it's apparently "luck".

#43 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 16 August 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

This is why solo FW is the hardest challenge in the game. I try my best to shut up and just do the work, because trying to impose some sort of order or control leads to frustration and rage.

Yeah but you have iLL who can pug rangle and back in the day the soothing Italian voice of Thundercats who is a well known cat herder.

It is good to drop with at least one guy who can direct your meatshields to the appropriate gate.

#44 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:38 PM

But he can.

He has both the piloting skills and the cat herding skills to do it. Played with Ash many, many times and seen him take a rabble with 1 or 2 half decent players and trounce respectable 12 man teams.

Ash is a unicorn and you really want him on your side and not the other.

His only fault is perhaps he is TOO Australian, particularly after a few beers. Others can find that a bit abrasive. Aussies just think it's funny.

#45 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:45 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 August 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

i for one would rather have a team of lemmings than a team of cowards.

the worst games for me is the ones where its pug vs 12, were on seige attack, and some moron says "let them come" and the "team" listens. at least if you have lemmings the doors open and you get to fight.

On Siege attack that approach is stupid. On siege defense... you actually want to let them come and take them apart in bottlenecks. Just saying.

#46 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:07 PM

View Postslide, on 16 August 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

His only fault is perhaps he is TOO Australian, particularly after a few beers. Others can find that a bit abrasive. Aussies just think it's funny.

Some don't get it, that's for sure. I know I'm not for everyone as people generally don't like the hard truths, I tell them, the end really :)

#47 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:44 AM

View PostHorseman, on 16 August 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

On Siege attack that approach is stupid. On siege defense... you actually want to let them come and take them apart in bottlenecks. Just saying.

depends on map. on boreal i find a forward defence helps. maps like sulpherous there really isnt anywhere to go and you usually have good results from just sitting near the gun. you can do forward defence provided you know what gate soon enough to be able to set up, but i dont really see any advantage in it other than catching the attacker off guard.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 August 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#48 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:37 AM

Gotta love how every post trying to foster community in this game devolves into ego.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users