Highlanders Need A Bigger Buff Than The Cyclops (Possible Jj Quirk?)

1 reply to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:26 AM

One thing that stands out to me with the changes was the highlander and Cyclops both have the same Move profile. Highlanders have lower engine cap, and hard points are not as good either relying on those mixed builds. So why not make them a bit more mobile, and possible add some sort of JJ quirk to boost it a bit further.

I'd like to see a JJ quirk added to the victor as well.

I really like the idea of buffing mobility on under performing mechs, verse just giving them offensive quirks..

I wouldn't mind seeing the fire-starter get a slightly bigger boost, and perhaps the enforcer too.

Edited by JC Daxion, 23 August 2018 - 01:30 AM.

#2 Viking Yelling

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

Cant speak for the cyclops, but highlanders are one of my favorite mechs.

you pretty much hit on all the flaws the Highlander mechs have, slow for 90 tons, distinct lack of hardpoint numeration and focus, and obvious hit boxes.

unfortunately, mobility isn't one of those problems. frankly, the highlander feels like it pilots more like a heavy assault mech should. I've heard the new Atlas mobility buffs with quirks makes it impeccably mobile. I mean, that's why i went to get the 80 ton assault mech, the Victor. More mobility. I guess I'm more on the dissenting side considering the mobility changes of the PTS because of this, because with the PTS, you have a 100 ton Atlas that can twist as well as a mech 20 tons lighter and has better hit boxes. It's ********. Especially considering the Victor has more competing tonage and slots with jumpjets and hardpoints.

My question is where does PGI intend to go with all this PTS testing?
They've been gathering all their metrics data and some responses from people on the forums, but it doesnt represent the community entirely. It's barely more that spit balling, and I'm actually hoping that these PTS tests are just for community indulgence than any actual information gathering concerning their own game stats and figures.

As for Jump-Jets quirks on my wondrous Victor? Well, that's complicated. Jump-jets aren't even really that effective IMO. Very little forward thrust(all of that's in the engine), an astronomical 20 skill nodes, nothing to improve recharge rate, near pointless on 90+ ton mechs due to tonnage and effective use, and a host of other technicalities I wont delve into.

The Victor already has really usable jump jets anyway. Removing jump jets from my builds would mostly result in a bigger engine. I'd actually like it more if they moved the armor quirks from the arms to the side torsos on the 9A1 for a change.(*cough*something I thought they said they had already done*cough*) The hitboxes on it are enormous comparatively, and The chassis could actually deserve a re-scaling to make it a little less wide.

Edited by Viking Yelling, 23 August 2018 - 11:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users