• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

View Postpaws2sky, on 28 August 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

I probably ask this every year (or at least think it), but if I have a Standard Pack purchased before 11/14/18 and upgrade to Collector's Pack, that counts toward the Top-Tier Rewards, right?

Forgetfully Yours

-paws

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Also, how do the resistance packs work? I recently picked up the level 1 Wolfhound Resistance II pack, which I assume will count as one collector pack(???). What if I upgraded it to the level 2 Crab pack? Would it now count as 2 collectors packs? It's confusing, as nothing in the Resistance packs is actually called "collectors".

Thanks.

Edited by SuperMCDad, 28 August 2018 - 02:54 PM.

#22 TheOrphanator

• Pip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:59 PM

Wow I preordered a piranha Nov 1 2017 and I miss the window by 2 weeks >.>

#23 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:13 PM

View PostTheOrphanator, on 28 August 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Wow I preordered a piranha Nov 1 2017 and I miss the window by 2 weeks >.>

Likely you pre-ordered to qualify for 2017 rewards? There is no overlap in qualification dates.

no gap either

#24 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

I own the ultimate Fafnir pack, don't qualify for top tier IS reward, OK PGI

#25 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Are you kidding me with those rewards?

Well, the ECM is always a nice addition, but is just ECM just your tricks?

And that MAD-IIC, not ******* worth the top-tier. You know what would have been nice? Dire-Wolf C - the one with Missile Arms, and ECM Center Torso, not this reject.

#26 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

I probably ask this every year (or at least think it), but if I have a Standard Pack purchased before 11/14/18 and upgrade to Collector's Pack, that counts toward the Top-Tier Rewards, right?

Right. I've done that before (upgraded a lower tier from several years past and qualified for top tier in the current year) and can confirm it works.

#27 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:45 PM

View PostStar Colonel Silver Surat, on 28 August 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Right. I've done that before (upgraded a lower tier from several years past and qualified for top tier in the current year) and can confirm it works.

Groovy. That was my reading of it, but I just wanted to confirm.

Now to figure out which pack(s) to upgrade. If any. Hmm.

-paws

#28 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:28 PM

+1 It would be nice to see how many more packs we need to qualify. And if upgrading a standard pack from last year would qualify us for this year.

#29 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

so sad I dont qualify for the Warhammer. I will preorder the standard reinforcement and hero but never will I get the collector's.
why? because I feel they are not worth double the cost of a standard. all you get is a copy of one of the mechs given it gives you a cbill boost but not worth the double the cost.
if they gave you 4 unique mechs like say mech A,B,C for a standard and collectors became A +cbill boost, B,C,D.
that's just my opinion I only ever got 1 collectors pack and that was only because I got lucky and won the Blood Asp from NGTV. I sold off the second prime variant for the extra mech bay had the cbill boost.

#30 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:57 PM

With regards to the Solaris 7 Pack not counting towards a reward, I have to defend PGI. $30 for seven hero mechs is an insanely good value even if it doesn't qualify you for an eighth hero.

Devil's Advocate says giving a free mech to the group of players the Solaris 7 Pack is targeted towards (newer players) never hurts. (edit: Didn't realize until later the Solaris 7 Pack is counted as if a MC purchase, so you're still getting a Javelin for it, just not the Rifleman)

For myself, I just upgraded my Vulcan pack to collectors and I highly suspect I'll be upgrading my Vapor Eagle and Champion packs close to their launches, so I'm hoping for a nice clan medium or heavy in the next few months to give me an excuse to get its collector version.

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 28 August 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

so sad I dont qualify for the Warhammer. I will preorder the standard reinforcement and hero but never will I get the collector's.
why? because I feel they are not worth double the cost of a standard. all you get is a copy of one of the mechs given it gives you a cbill boost but not worth the double the cost.
if they gave you 4 unique mechs like say mech A,B,C for a standard and collectors became A +cbill boost, B,C,D.
that's just my opinion I only ever got 1 collectors pack and that was only because I got lucky and won the Blood Asp from NGTV. I sold off the second prime variant for the extra mech bay had the cbill boost.

For the extra $20 ($15 for lights) you get one special variant, 30 more days of premium time, and 6 extra cockpit items (2 warhorns, 2 standing items, and 2 hanging items), plus a badge and title if you care about that. Not trying to agree or disagree with whether it's worth it (each person has to decide for themselves) but you get more than just a mech for the extra cost of the Collector Pack.

Edited by Ruccus, 28 August 2018 - 11:24 PM.

#31 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostRuccus, on 28 August 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

For the extra $20 ($15 for lights) you get one special variant, 30 more days of premium time, and 6 extra cockpit items (2 warhorns, 2 standing items, and 2 hanging items), plus a badge and title if you care about that. Not trying to agree or disagree with whether it's worth it (each person has to decide for themselves) but you get more than just a mech for the extra cost of the Collector Pack.

yeah forgot about that stuff. but still not worth it to me.

#32 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:25 PM

Loving those paint. Both the colours and the pattern.

#33 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostDOMV2, on 28 August 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

I purchased 4 ultimate packs for IS since Dec 11 and it does not show me not eligible for top tier IS. Is the tool broken that it does not recognize ultimate packs as top tier?

Sun Spider Dec 11 2017
Fafnir Jan 6 2018
Blood Asp Feb 3 2018
Hellfire Apr 5 2018

Only the Fafnir is an Inner Sphere mech; the other three are Clan mechs.

#34 Bad_Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

Love the camo patterns they have a warhammer 40k look to them.

#35 DOMV2

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:03 PM

Doh! Not paying attention tonight. Maybe need more Scotch.

Thanks for pointing that out.

#36 Sgt Grunt

• Pip
  • The Fearless
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:03 PM

Not Much reward for playing 100 matches for a full year. i think It should have had more levels and BETTER rewards. What there giving out wont bring anyone back. With such a low player base you would think they would try to bring some F2P back by giving better rewards....just saying.

#37 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:20 PM

Flea Ultimate also doesn't count for Top Tier IS? Care to explain?

#38 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:31 PM

Forgetfully Yours

-paws

Yep I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I've done that at least once for one of the previous years

#39 Venousblade

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

buying with MC in the game dosent count?

#40 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

View PostVenousblade, on 28 August 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

buying with MC in the game dosent count?

No, the rewards are for 'real money' purchases. You will get the Javelin if you purchased MC after November 14th though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users