38 replies to this topic

#21 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:25 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 30 August 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

IS mechs are utter garbage. 6MG light? Clans have 12MG or 6MG AND 30pt small/micro/pulse/whatever laser alpha lights. Rifleman is an oversized chassis that can't even carry enough firepower, a glass cannon without cannon. Special variant or not it's crаp. Meanwhile clans get Night Gyr "hero", an omnimech, with the ECM omnipod on top. New Warhammer is mediocre at best and a heavy, clans get MAD IIC "hero", great chassis overall due to narrow front profile just not the best variant, although you'll be able to fire 2 HLL 5 ERML even with the heat cap nerf from the PTS and it has JJs unlike the prime variant, should be a decent c-bills grinder.

Give IS something decent, a 12E light, an ECM Marauder with decent hardpoints or a Battlemaster with 2E 1B STs.

Or at the very least give us something new and interesting. It doesn't have the be the new meta, but even if it's just something that opens up a new playstyle option for a chassis that can't really do more than one build that's still worth it.

#22 Burning Chrome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:30 AM

Generous as usual.

I wish all the standard packs I bought would exceed some type of threshold and qualify for the WHM-4L.

I was going to get some MC, and now that I'll get a Javelin as well...cool.

Looking forward to the RFL-8D.

#23 Barsov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, Spinward Sector

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

* Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech** when applicable): Wave 1; Wave 2; Wave 3; Origins IIC; Kodiak; Viper; Night Gyr; Huntsman; Linebacker; Marauder IIC; Supernova; Civil War-Cougar; Civil War-Mad Cat MKII; Civil War: Escalation - Arctic Wolf; Civil War: Escalation - Nova Cat; Piranha; Black Lanner; Sun Spider; Blood Asp; Helfire; Incubus; Vapor Eagle; or any Wave 1, 2 or IIC Clan Hero 'Mechs.

** A la carte 'Mechs are only available for the Clan Wave 1, Clan Wave 2, Clan Wave 3, and Origins IIC packs, and can be found at the bottom of those pages.

Only IIC Heroes? Ok-ok... If I buy a la carte any single Hero Clan omnimech from THIS collection, will I obtain the Night Gyr though?
Posted Image

Edited by Barsov, 30 August 2018 - 09:16 AM.

#24 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

Hilarious ...... people complaining about getting free... FREE mechs. Entitlement at its finest.

Edited by BLOODREDSINGLE, 30 August 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#25 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:25 AM

"Any Wave 1, 2 or IIC Clan Hero 'Mechs.". That includes the ones you linked to.

#26 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 30 August 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hilarious ...... people complaining about getting free... FREE mechs. Entitlement at its finest.

Not to mention most of the complaints are by people who can't make up their own fits to save their lives and want hardpoint layouts that ignore ACTUAL VARIANTS OF THE MECH.

Plus.. for the guy whining for wanting a Warhammer with dual Ballistics and Energy in the STs? We already HAVE two of those.

I for one am completely fine with a Whammer with ECM with less hardpoints, specially as, as i said before, You just fit for Quality over Quantity, like my aforementioned HPPC, Quad ER Med, MRM build. Solid-mid-range Heavyweight ECM support. Done.

#27 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 30 August 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

You're missing the point. We're upset because, compared to the loyalty rewards from previous years this year is fairly lackluster. Loyalty rewards are about getting free (well, "free". We did have to pay a considerable amount of money to qualify for these "free" mechs.) mechs, sure, but they're also the only time PGI adds new non-hero variants to chassis. This is their chance to add something that can potentially shake up the way a chassis is played, or at the very least add new options. And, save for the Javelin, when they add things as bland as these... It's just underwhelming. I'll never say no to new machines, but I would have preferred to see something like the Thunderbolt 5Sd with its torso mounted ballistics, or the Marauder IIC 6 that has a ballistic hardpoint in both torsos as well as Jump Jets. Just something new to change up how some classic, established chassis are played instead of mechs that probably won't find much use.

There's no reason to run this Rifleman unless the quirks are really good or you don't have a Rifleman. There aren't really any builds you can run on it that you can't run on any of the other c-bill variants. JJs on a heavy mech are pretty much useless. The Warhammer gets ECM, but its hardpoints are inferior to the 6R or 6D so again, it'll have to ride on quirks as ECM, while useful, isn't going to make or break a mech like the Warhammer.

The Night Gyr will just be torn apart for that ECM torso pod. Nothing else will get used from it. And the Marauder won't be able to do anything the existing Marauders can't, besides hop around a little with its hoverjets.

#28 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:04 AM

Dear PGI,
Thanks for the goodies, i'll enjoy those.

But just one comment:

Live could be so easy for you...
You are continuously trying to get the community away from high alpha laser vomit builds... Yet you are announcing more and more laser vomit Mechs (also on the Charger).

let that sink in, act accordingly

#29 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:21 AM

I'm playing mainly clan,...but i really like the rifleman with jumpjets....dont know what to buy to get it...one of the new mechs or the flea or vulcan....somehow for each new mech there is an older mech that i like more

Edited by WiNNiep00h, 03 September 2018 - 12:33 AM.

#30 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:19 AM

The amusement over people calling these free mechs.... no they're incentives to spend money which will later be made available to all players. Unless you really think I got every pack free this year? ;)

#31 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

Looks like i qualified for everything.. Shame there is no Urbie this year...

#32 eLeMe

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIn your head.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

All these complaints about the Warhammer... you're not seeing the value of this amazing mech. I plan on spending more money just for this variant alone. Flame all you like. I'll see you on the battlefield, but you won't see me.

#33 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:22 AM

View PosteLeMe, on 07 September 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

All these complaints about the Warhammer... you're not seeing the value of this amazing mech. I plan on spending more money just for this variant alone. Flame all you like. I'll see you on the battlefield, but you won't see me.

I think you're misunderstanding how ECM and even stealth armour works. ;)

Edited by Aramuside, 13 September 2018 - 06:27 AM.

#34 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

The amount of bitching over the reward mechs is kind of sad.

I think P.G.I should maybe next year just stick to the cup cake with a number on it, and may be a cockpit item that says.

I got this because I was a whining ingrate.

#35 Rotteck Koempel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 282 posts
  • LocationRamboTier

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:41 AM

As long as I lost my brandnew assaultmech, facetanking a light-MG-Mech, I will NOT spend a single € in this game anymore!!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#36 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:46 AM

Then where were your teammates?

#37 Rotteck Koempel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 282 posts
  • LocationRamboTier

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:13 PM

It's not a question of teammates,
it's a question of overpowered Non-Mech-Wapons

#38 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

It is a question of teammates. If you're expecting assault mechs to be a free license for solo charges, you're doing it wrong.

#39 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:14 AM

View PostHorseman, on 16 September 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

It is a question of teammates. If you're expecting assault mechs to be a free license for solo charges, you're doing it wrong.

Ahh yes like on saturday when one of our three annihilators on solaris spammed help repeatedly as one piranha was harassing them... while we tried to hold the circle against the rest of their team. Not like we could even have got to them quickly in Solaris. Needless to say they dealt with it as three assaults should be able to. It was good harassment work though as that 30 seconds delay without them cost us the match in exchange for a light corpse as the rest shoved themselves right down our throat. WP reds.

That said I still think they need to tune Piranha's down a bit. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users