Piranha-1 Or Mg Need To Be Nerf Seriously

18 replies to this topic

#1 Devil God

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

No 20 tonner or any mech in the game ever has such continuous DPS and speed to be able to just go right up to other mech's back and chew them up easily in few seconds.

No mech other than "this freaking utterly gameplay balance failure" has ever able to do.

No other mech around it's tonnage class has such firepower, not even close.

I have no idea how in the world PGI put their name on this utterly gameplay balance failure !!!

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:44 PM

And yet there are always fewer players waiting to play Lights in a match than there are players waiting to play Heavies or Assaults.

Hmmm...

#3 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Agreed Yeonne. Learn to aim, learn to stick with the team. If they are so many of them running around bring streaks and kill them all. It is a 20 ton mech you shoot it and it dies. Have i been killed by one yes. Have i killed people with one by sneaking up behind someone and coring them out yes, have i done the same exact thing in my heavy gauss rifle firestarter (going at 54kph) YES. Is this a gameplay balance failure??? NO it is a player failure.

#4 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Have you considered the fact that no mech in the game is as lightly armored as a piranha?

#5 Devil God

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 August 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

And yet there are always fewer players waiting to play Lights in a match than there are players waiting to play Heavies or Assaults.

Hmmm...

How is this related to whether gameplay balance is right for Piranha ? Would you please explain in detail of this logic ?

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 30 August 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

Learn to aim

This provide absolutely no answer of this issue. May be you should learn to think before you answer.

If they are so many of them running around bring streaks and kill them all.

If I know what I go up against in each match, I certainly can adjust to it and win. But I don't see your answer helps to predict anything. I think we should team up & see how good you can predict what is coming in any matches.

It is a 20 ton mech you shoot it and it dies.

I am sure you have shot at 20 ton mech, and you sure know how many stand there and let you shoot your heavy gauss at them and die. And most likely they circle around you before you can even call your teammates.

I know how to stick my team, and that doesn't mean that guarantee protection.

View PostNavid A1, on 30 August 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Have you considered the fact that no mech in the game is as lightly armored as a piranha?

Just for fair and relative comparison, no any other 20 - 30 tonner can produce the continuous DPS ( please read this carefully, I mean the continuous DPS from the MGs ) that can keep up the damage without overheating at any maps or any situation.

Yes, it's light, but speed if for it's advantage, and no mech has that kind of continuous DPS output, not even 100 tonners.

It compensates weak armor with speed, and 100 tonner compensate speed with armor. Only heavier mech can carry heavier weapons to product higher alpha, but due to heat, none has the possible DPS like Piranha can produce.

It's DPS is so much higher than any mech around it's tonnage class. That's why I say it's OP.

#6 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

View PostDevil God, on 30 August 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Just for fair and relative comparison, no any other 20 - 30 tonner can produce the continuous DPS ( please read this carefully, I mean the continuous DPS from the MGs ) that can keep up the damage without overheating at any maps or any situation.

Yes, it's light, but speed if for it's advantage, and no mech has that kind of continuous DPS output, not even 100 tonners.

It compensates weak armor with speed, and 100 tonner compensate speed with armor. Only heavier mech can carry heavier weapons to product higher alpha, but due to heat, none has the possible DPS like Piranha can produce.

It's DPS is so much higher than any mech around it's tonnage class. That's why I say it's OP.

Dude, that "continuous DPS" is only within 130 meters. 130!!!

While that thing is trying to close the distance, a hit from ANY weapon makes it a dead fish.... And I'm not even considering streaks.

#7 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:38 PM

View PostDevil God, on 30 August 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

How is this related to whether gameplay balance is right for Piranha ? Would you please explain in detail of this logic ?

Surely you'd see more of them if they were so ungodly powerful, no? Unless they aren't that ungodly powerful, and it's just a handful of pilots who would savage targets no matter what they were driving able to maximize its use.

#8 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:54 PM

View PostDevil God, on 29 August 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

No 20 tonner or any mech in the game ever has such continuous DPS and speed to be able to just go right up to other mech's back and chew them up easily in few seconds.

No mech other than "this freaking utterly gameplay balance failure" has ever able to do.

No other mech around it's tonnage class has such firepower, not even close.

I have no idea how in the world PGI put their name on this utterly gameplay balance failure !!!

Your logic is interesting: "nerf the whole weapon system because of one chassis that is overpowered"
If you don't want to get killed by a piranha just learn how to aim and to stick to your team.
This mech is already balanced properly. Do you think PGI would just release a "SUPER OP" mech without balancing it in any way?
You are probably one of those T5 LRM80 SNV-A pilots that sit in the back for the whole game and start complaining when they get killed by a pack of lights.

#9 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:05 AM

Like others have said: If you fail to counter a Piranha, it is a pilot failure. It is the most dangerous light in game, so be sure to tell your team you saw one if you can't aim yourself or brought the wrong weapons.

#10 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:57 AM

Streaks aren’t a good PIR counter anymore if the fish is moving. Clustered medium lasers and autocannon, though, are if you can hit the little ******** and turn fast enough to keep them from getting behind you. You’ve got to dance and reverse turn direction. If they ever buff mobility of the assault mechs like they did on the PTS there’s probably the No. One fix to MG lights. No More Nerfs!! They’ve destroyed the Catapult with their missile nerfs. Let’s not ruin a light mech when only about 7-10% of the average drop queues are lights in the first place. And no, I own no Piranhas. I tried a PIR-1 in PTS and yes, it’s stronk but the visibility is **** and I’d rather be in a Flea. Your mileage may vary.

#11 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:06 PM

Piranha's for me only do < 1/3 the damage and kills per mech on average than a good assault like the Fafnir. Can you do better relatively speaking in the Piranha versus a good assault?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Piranha 1.3 kills 300 damage per mech, Fafnir 4 kills, 1000 damage per mech

#12 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

View PostMetalgod69, on 05 September 2018 - 01:53 AM, said:

The 20 t CHEAT - i call it. Such an iditoic idea, if a 20t. would be so effective, in killing assaults, nobody would build aussaults. Its like building expensive battleships that can be sunk by one cheap, old plane with a torp. or cheaper small ships.

Submarines never replaced the Battleship, and lightly-armored anti-armor vehicles capable of killing tanks in one shot never replaced tanks; heck, infantry can kill tanks in one hit and yet tanks still exist.

Lights require the heavier armor on the field to draw aggro; they cannot carry on their own. The big 'Mechs either provide a big threat that the enemy has to deal with, thus allowing the Lights to do their work, or the Lights provide a distraction for the big 'Mechs to come in and drive the hammer home. But unless Lights are an actual threat, they cannot distract anything.

MGs are anti inf. weapons.

Not in BT, they aren't.

And even if you ignore lore or realism, its just a stupid balance killer this mg light fiasko. Ok i could do it too, but its no fun.

Not really.

#13 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:42 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 08 September 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Not in BT, they aren't.

Yes, they are. Check sarna.

#14 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 09 September 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

Yes, they are. Check sarna.

No they aren't. They do 2 damage per turn, per MG, to BattleMech armor.

#15 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

MGs in TT are basically snub-nosed AC2s with a bonus to infantry (at least I'm pretty sure they get a bonus against infantry).

#16 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 09 September 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

MGs in TT are basically snub-nosed AC2s with a bonus to infantry (at least I'm pretty sure they get a bonus against infantry).

Flamers, Small Pulse, MGs, AP Gauss, and I think Plasma weapons get a bonus to infantry. Not sure if MagShots enjoy the same bonus as AP Gauss.

#17 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

I don't like going against Piranhas. It's a single light that makes a whole team cuddle up like frightened sheep. BC there could be Piranhas. You can`t use a whole map anymore, a map control approach is barely an option anymore. The Piranha made teams play deathball that have never been able to do so. If a single chassis has such an impact on general gameplay, something is wrong. I skipped all the OP stuff in the last years for a reason. There was a Cheetah, Kodiak 3, the Night Gyr meta and what not. Everybody knows it is wrong what these things can do and it takes forever til it stops. Then the next "Nemesis" appears. What about the resize that hit the Wolfhound and Panther? Armor distribution for the Cicada that was meant to help and leaves you with paperthin Armor on the weapon arms?. So many mechs gone to oblivion. Then the stuff that is DOA. Sometimes i feel it´s a plan to keep the amount of viable mechs narrow,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users