Subtle Dual Gauss Nerf High Alpha Thoughts

No replies to this topic

#1 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:48 AM

Me and a teammate were discussing the now omni-present IS dual heavy gauss. Also the Clan dual guass + multiple lasers high alpha issue. I think I have come up with an elegant solution for these massive pinpoint alphas that doesn't affect people's builds too much:

Gauss rifles, instead of having magical near-instant convergence, should have fixed convergence at a range, or very slow convergence speed. They are, after all, extremely heavy weapons.

Personally I prefer fixed convergence at a set range. that would be either at the optimum range, middle of the range between optimum and max, or at max. So players would still have a specific range they could try to play to in order to get pinpoint damage on one component, but most of the time their shots would likely be hitting two components. To optimize both projectiles hitting it would force center of mass aiming, rather than specific component aiming.

Clan laser alpha + dual gauss would no longer be nearly as devastating, but the alpha would still be very damaging.

IS dual heavy gauss would become less of a pinpoint monster, but again would still be very damaging.

Ideally pilots would be able to set the convergence range in their firegroup setting if they wanted to adjust it from a default setting.

A side effect of this would be that killing or legging lights with dual gauss would be much more difficult. I do like light pilots sweating a little bit when dual gauss is present. But there are still plenty of other light killing options out there.

When firing a single gauss the convergence speed would have to be normal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users