Bug Causing Heat Management To Become Almost 0.

45 replies to this topic

#41 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 18 September 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

I highly doubt it. I have yet to see video evidence*, and I think it likely that neither has PGI. Even if we all here are convinced that this is a real thing, if PGI has no substantive evidence of it as a reality in the live game, they can take no action, nor have a useful place to start in regards to looking in to it.

*that clearly shows with out any doubt that this is a bug.

I think the video jjm1 provided clearly shows there is a problem. In fact, I saw at least three issues in that game.

1) Heat bug. He stops cooling before any internals were touched, so his heatsinks were not damaged, and there were no mechs hitting him with any flamers when he stopped cooling. He was cooling quickly at first, and then it gradually, but quickly, stops cooling properly, like a curve as opposed to linear.

2) His shots stopped damaging enemy mechs for the most part. Over and over, his shots were not registering, despite clearly finding their mark.

3) The low shots from his UAC. That one UAC is firing from a position WAY too low for that mech, like it's coming from the knee.

I'm surprised he wasn't disconnected from the server while all that was going on. Something was seriously wrong with that match, and at least one other person was experiencing problems as well.

#42 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

I don't see any talk of a fix for it in this patch either :\

I might be missing it though...

#43 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

Heat bug happened to me twice this evening and in those matches about 4 of us had it on our side.

One of those things that is extremely frustrating when you are accustomed to how a mech is supposed to perform. Hope this is something they can nail down quickly.

#44 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:34 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 18 September 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

I think the video jjm1 provided clearly shows there is a problem. In fact, I saw at least three issues in that game.

1) Heat bug. He stops cooling before any internals were touched, so his heatsinks were not damaged, and there were no mechs hitting him with any flamers when he stopped cooling. He was cooling quickly at first, and then it gradually, but quickly, stops cooling properly, like a curve as opposed to linear.

2) His shots stopped damaging enemy mechs for the most part. Over and over, his shots were not registering, despite clearly finding their mark.

3) The low shots from his UAC. That one UAC is firing from a position WAY too low for that mech, like it's coming from the knee.

I'm surprised he wasn't disconnected from the server while all that was going on. Something was seriously wrong with that match, and at least one other person was experiencing problems as well.

Yes, but from PGI's perspective they will undoubtedly assert that this is an isolated occurrence with potential explanations.
We're gonna need a lot more than a single video, and I suspect that even when the evidence of a real problem exists is overwhelming and clear; even then PGI will claim this is a connection issue or provide some other wholly unsatisfying explanation or prevarication. We shall see.

Edited by Bud Crue, 19 September 2018 - 02:34 AM.

#45 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 18 September 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

I highly doubt it. I have yet to see video evidence*, and I think it likely that neither has PGI. Even if we all here are convinced that this is a real thing, if PGI has no substantive evidence of it as a reality in the live game, they can take no action, nor have a useful place to start in regards to looking in to it.

*that clearly shows with out any doubt that this is a bug.

Hey genious, look at jjm1’s post

#46 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostSlippnGriff, on 19 September 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hey genious, look at jjm1’s post

Yes.

And like I suggested above, PGI will not be convinced that their is some sort of overarching “heat bug” randomly making folks heat management capabilities to be nearly eliminated, when there is a more plausible way to explain it away. See for example the commentary above regarding the flammer possibly causing a issue. So with this one video we have proven that a flammer might have a bug, or perhaps the mech being flamed has a bug, but nothing more. We need more than just this if we want to get PGI to acknowledge a problem. Think in terms of all the posts and all the videos purporting to show hit reg bugs. Has PGI ever acknowledged that “bug”?

Edited by Bud Crue, 19 September 2018 - 08:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users