Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:50 AM

PGI, masters of useless cosmetics :)

#42 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:27 PM

Thanatos and Hellspawn buffs!? GET IN MY SON!

#43 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:53 PM

Retrofits, whats happening this month...you posted **** from last month

#44 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:16 PM

Happy to see the Kodiak is getting some mobility buffs but why leave out KDK 3? It moves like the Annihilator and has non of the armor buffs.

#45 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:02 AM

As I said in another thread:
Oh, I just saw that the Stormcrow gets also an agility boost. Another mech which is then easily rivaling or surpassing 35t mechs in the agility department.

What is the point of playing a 35t mech when they get marginally less than mediums because of their size but bring less armour, firepower and structure? Does PGI think that traveling somewhat faster from A to B in a game where basically all modes are "kill all enemies" is worth such a huge sacrifice? Ridiculous...

Summoner, Linebacker, Stormcrow, Assassin and other mediums...so this is getting more common and less the exception

View PostBrunoSSace, on 14 September 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Cause the Firestarter could be a dangerous light and they don't want that.

Another light mech the assaults would need to take serious.We don't want that, do we?

Edited by Bush Hopper, 16 September 2018 - 01:05 AM.

#46 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 14 September 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Please god... give me strength.

PGI... The number one issue with the Firestarter and Atlas is their laughable TORSO PITCH ANGLE VALUES.

While increasing mobility on the firestarter is always welcome... please help me understand what effect are you looking for from 5% stat changes?
Please increase your step size percentage with regards to mobility changes in case of the Firestarter (like you did with the atlas)

Also, please first fix any issue (e.g. model, animation, personal hate, etc.) that prevents you from increasing torso pitch angle value on both the Firestarter and Atlas

The Firestarter has jumpjets. Out of every mobility stats, torso pitch is the key factor that allows a JJ capable mech to USE that vertical mobility advantage.

Atlas is generally a Brawler. You know how useless it becomes the moment an enemy walks on top of a mini hill right in front of it? Add torso pitch angle value please.

It pains me that people have to point these basic concepts.

I guess they want people to use the hard points in the arms for that ?

#47 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:04 AM

View Postcougurt, on 14 September 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

i don't understand why the firestarter still has worse agility than the wolfhound. it should be at least as good if not slightly better given the lack of armor quirks.

Because once at the dawn of time it was the best in it's class, and as uncle Victor knows, you don't get good quirks for at least two years after it was nerfed into the ground.

#48 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 September 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

UAC20s get a buff - which is good. No issue there.

But IS AC20 still malingers?????

I don't get this either o.O

#49 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 16 September 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

I guess they want people to use the hard points in the arms for that ?

No... They said in the past that they have model and animation issues.

#50 -Pik-

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

New Tech Retrofits?

#51 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

wow so much stuff....................Posted Image
Faction play, DEAD
Solaris, Mirror matches only
Quick play is either you stomp 12 to 1 or you get stomped 12 to 1
Love this game but need serious changes to bring me back and I'm just not seeing it. I really don't see but a handful of people playing this when MW5 is out.

#52 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 September 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

• Clan ER-Micro Laser
- Heat Penalty ID changed to 14 (from 10)
- Minimum Heat Penalty Level increased to 11 (from 9)
- Heat reduced to 1.15 (from 1.35)

• Clan Micro Pulse Laser
- Weapon Heat Penalty ID changed to 14 (from 10)
- Heat Penalty Level increased to 11 (from 9)
- Heat reduced to 1.2 (from 1.35)

Design Notes: We feel there has been enough time away from various internal touch points regarding the Micro Lasers that we want to provide them with some buffs to ease of use. We are breaking them off from the other Clan Small and Medium Lasers penalty groups and into their own that is currently only shared between the Micro Lasers. We will also increase their heat penalty cap so that you may fire up to 10 Micro Lasers for no heat penalty. We are also reducing their heat to be much more in line with the reduced per-shot damage that they do, which will better support their ability to sustain an engagement longer then they could currently. For now we wanted to focus primarily on their ease of use, but we may make additional changes at a later date to account for incoming changes to the Heat System in the coming months.

So, nobody has mentioned this, but what exactly are the ghost heat thresholds being raised to? It says it is being raised from 10 to 14, but it is currently at 8. Then, in the text area, it says it is being raised to 10. Which is it? That is kind of a big difference :\

#53 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

View Post-Spectre, on 16 September 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

So, nobody has mentioned this, but what exactly are the ghost heat thresholds being raised to? It says it is being raised from 10 to 14, but it is currently at 8. Then, in the text area, it says it is being raised to 10. Which is it? That is kind of a big difference :\

They are changing the group ID of the gun from 10 to 14; 10 is the group shared by Small- and Medium-class lasers. So, what this means is that Smalls and Mediums will no longer count in the pool of weapons that Micros can trigger ghost heat with. They are unlinked. Previously, because Medium lasers can only fire 6 without a penalty, and because Micros were in the same group, you would trigger ghost heat if you had 6 cER Mediums and 1 ER Micro. This will no longer happen.

At the same time, they raised the maximum number of Micros that you can fire without any penalty from 8 to 10; penalty triggers at 11 (formerly 9).

#54 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostUrfin, on 15 September 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

Buffing VIPER and CROW mobility instead of the horde of crippled mechs (that you spent money making and then wasted), and zero weapon balancing or heat changes? I don't think you guys quite understand that you don't have many monthly patches left before the point of nobody cares because nobody's here. 1% "buffs" are an insult to game design and your paying customers. I'm sure you've spent titanic manhours testing all the grand ramifications of that nugget. And you need MONTHS to test slightly faster limping? How long does it take you to get a match I wonder. I mean, wake up already. How could actual change, ANY change, be worse than this pretend development? You're not fooling your bottom line with it, that's for sure.

Ummh there are weapon balance changes. Plus a lot of the buffs were in the 5% range. Posted Image

#55 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:22 AM

View PostRhialto, on 14 September 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

Tell me you have no intention to fix this... it's been reported for months.

same with bolt on

#56 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

I ve been asking for ultra 20 buffs. However one must understand that improving the jam chances by 1% is going to increase their effective dps only by ~0.1 dps. And these weapons have around 6.7-7.1 DPS. This buff is extremely negligeble. This is a 1/70 increase or something like 1.5 % DPS buff.

However you get a ~1/15 benefit to not jam on the first double tap. Which is ~7% which is kind of ok :D.

Velocity could be buffed further , too. The weapon already has a serious damage falloff and low velocity is just a double penalty on top of it.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 17 September 2018 - 11:05 AM.

#57 Gloris

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

Well slightly increasing the Mobility of mechs that time left behind by a tiny ammount is sure to bring all the players back.
Mwo is back guys, we did it!

#58 Admiral_Korean_Jesus

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

Guess you guys are going to keep ignoring the heat scale bug and the cap bugs?

#59 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

And again the downtime announcement in game doesn't use my time, but says "7PM local time". Or will the downtime start in about 17 hours from now?

#60 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:21 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 17 September 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

And again the downtime announcement in game doesn't use my time, but says "7PM local time". Or will the downtime start in about 17 hours from now?

I am CST.. or is it CDT. tis CDT . 12pm is when it is showing it will go down for me... And they are PDT, two hours behind me. So you are 7 hours ahead of me, or 9 hours ahead of PGI.
  • September 18th, 2018 @ 10AM

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 September 2018 - 04:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users