#41 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostRuccus, on 15 September 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

What's still not fixed? The mechs are sorted by MC, not weight class.

They're supposed to be sorted by weight class. Are you joking or what?

Also, I just noticed that there is no Fafnir hero available.

#42 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 14 September 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

Why is Sleipnir blue ?

Because they used the wrong pic of the special variant rather than the hero variant.

I don't want to brutally mock whoever put this store page together on the off chance it's a new employee who is still learning the ropes of MWO.

But if whoever did this has been working at PGI for a while... you need to get yourself sorted and not try to put together a sale page 5 minutes before running out the door on a Friday night.

Unless PGI management gave you that task with no time to complete it properly - in which case, you again have my sympathies.

Edited by Rat of the Legion Vega, 15 September 2018 - 10:34 AM.

#43 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:09 AM

Actually I think that makes pretty sense the way it's set up now, even though it's "incorrect", that not all "light" mechs are actual light mechs. Ect...

It's just wording that's wrong, that categories should be like light+some mediums, mediums plus some heavies ect. I mean, someone might want to buy a butch of light mechs. Buuut, would they really want to have 6 light heroes? It's much more easier to choose from larger set. I think it's likely that people will buy more now, than if it were like they probably originally intended.

Like thinking it more, an ideal system even more improved, it's like declare a total tonnage, and price for it. Like say 80 tons, 10 dollars. Then, ignore the class completely. Allow people to select any combination, or any conbination of like max 3 mechs, from that 80 tons.(up to 80 tons of course) And then volume(yes, lol) discounts, so like 150 tons,15 dollars, ect. up to like 500 tons for 30 dollars.

For me, the page seems to technically work. I can select the set of mechs, then click buy at bottom, and it will promt to select payment option, I didn't dare trying to test it further as Im not sure how for example Paypal nowadays works, how easy it's to actually buy something by accident when you might have some automatic login or instant buy features enabled.

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 15 September 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

But if whoever did this has been working at PGI for a while... you need to get yourself sorted and not try to put together a sale page 5 minutes before running out the door on a Friday night.

Unless PGI management gave you that task with no time to complete it properly - in which case, you again have my sympathies.

Well, you know computers work by programming. It's their core feature.
So this could have been all done like Monday, obviously not but take it as extreme example, and only set to be published automatically by their webserver on set time on Friday. And even if in theory someone might have been at their office to notice the error, they might have not looked. And the person originally creating the event page, might not have a WYSIWYG view on the publishing system they are using. They could be looking just a simple list of different pages, what elements they contain and when it's going live, without actually seeing the page how it's going to look like WHEN it gets live.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 15 September 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#44 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

They should not have paid me to code this. On the other hand they did not pay me much.

#45 Gill

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

The ZEUS is listed as a heavy

#46 Hadesuwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

Where is Keeper?

#47 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

Honestly I think that this unintended bug in the system is better than the normally expected dividing lines in these kinds of sales. I think people should be allowed to mix and match between all four weight classes freely, with some kind of upper limit based on the combined MC value of all the mechs or some other factor.

#48 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

I blew my October mech budget and purchased Pride , Nanuq and Boiler .

Boiler is my first ever super nova . He ran through stomping 3 enemy mechs on his maiden voyage .

#49 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:04 PM

And this {LT-MOB-25} up is exactly what we know and have come to expect from PGI and they haven't disappointed.

#50 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:02 PM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 15 September 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

They're supposed to be sorted by weight class. Are you joking or what?

Also, I just noticed that there is no Fafnir hero available.

It appears the actual sorting is 3,000 MC and under mechs, 3,001 to 4,650 MC mechs, 4,651 to 6,000 MC mechs, and over 6,000 MC mechs. It might not be as 'clean' as weight class but it provides a fairer value overall.

If you take the three 40 ton medium battlemechs that are in the 'light' section they're normally 3,000 MC each so that's 9,000 MC. The Pakhet and Breaker (50 ton omnimechs) are 4650 MC each, so that's 9,300 MC worth of mechs, more than the cost of the three 40 tonners. It seems to be a way of not screwing over the fans of less expensive hero mechs (the 40 ton battlemechs cost $5 each instead of $6 each because it's 1/6th of $30 instead of 1/5th of $30).

It's also why a mech like the Legend Killer (4,500 MC, less than the cost of the Pakhet or Breaker) isn't in the Heavy section. Basically if it's a cheaper battlemech on the fringe of the weight class (40 ton, 60 ton, 80 ton) it might drop down to the lower bundle while if it's an expensive omnimech it might get bumped up a bundle.

#51 Reaper3015

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 September 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hero Bundle Options

6 Light Hero Mechs for $30 USD

5 Medium Hero Mechs for $30 USD

4 Heavy Hero Mechs for $30 USD

3 Assault Hero Mechs for $30 USD

Please tell me exactly what is not clear about this and why people insist on trying to defend poor coding/misleading information. It says exactly nothing about grouping the mechs by MC. And that is the crux of the problem. If its by MC then say MC, don't class by what would be commonly interpreted as tonnage, then have stuff scattered all over.

#52 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

A full day+ of no response from PGI in any way, shape or form in regards to this seemingly mislabeled mechs and such. Maybe it's just how they wanted to do things I guess. Oh well, no money from me then since I can't get the mechs I want in the packs I want.

#53 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:23 AM

View PostMikayshen, on 15 September 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

A full day+ of no response from PGI in any way, shape or form in regards to this seemingly mislabeled mechs and such. Maybe it's just how they wanted to do things I guess. Oh well, no money from me then since I can't get the mechs I want in the packs I want.

Sadly for your viewpoint I know a lot of players I drop with who have spent as a great offer is a great offer. If you want to spite yourself who are we to object? ;)

#54 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:41 AM

View PostReaper3015, on 15 September 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Please tell me exactly what is not clear about this and why people insist on trying to defend poor coding/misleading information. It says exactly nothing about grouping the mechs by MC. And that is the crux of the problem. If its by MC then say MC, don't class by what would be commonly interpreted as tonnage, then have stuff scattered all over.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 September 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hero Bundle Options

6 Group 1 Hero Mechs for $30 USD

5 Group 2 Hero Mechs for $30 USD

4 Group 3 Hero Mechs for $30 USD

3 Group 4 Hero Mechs for $30 USD

Welp as of sometime within the last few hours, they've updated it this way. It's not "fixed" per se but honestly I don't mind - I picked up 4 lights and 2 mediums in the one bundle which worked out perfectly since there were 2 lights that I was on the fence about (Panther and Piranha) and would have only been gap fillers

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 16 September 2018 - 12:42 AM.

#55 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:18 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 16 September 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

Welp as of sometime within the last few hours, they've updated it this way. It's not "fixed" per se but honestly I don't mind ...

It's good to see that PGI has amended the sale page. At the least, this will make things less confusing for new players, who might be familiar with the weight classes but not so familiar with MC prices (and therefore might be reluctant to put real money into a sale that didn't look right).

#56 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:29 AM

This is the end, my only friend the end!

#57 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:13 AM

View PostMikayshen, on 15 September 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hey genius , do some maths before you shoot yourself in the foot . 25 bucks for one hero assault normal price , plus extra 2 hero assaults for the next to nothing price of 2.50 each . Oh yes 3 mechbays too .

If solaris bundle for 30 bucks is the best deal in the store , this must be the second best deal ever and unlike solaris you get to cherry pick .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 16 September 2018 - 05:14 AM.

#58 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:23 AM

Thank you for fixing the misleading group labels. Thank you for putting different weight classes in those groups like we have been asking for. I was able to pick up three mediums and two heavies which was nice for a very good price. Storefront price $85, burst price $30 😊
#59 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostAramuside, on 16 September 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

Sadly for your viewpoint I know a lot of players I drop with who have spent as a great offer is a great offer. If you want to spite yourself who are we to object? Posted Image

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 16 September 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

Hey genius , do some maths before you shoot yourself in the foot . 25 bucks for one hero assault normal price , plus extra 2 hero assaults for the next to nothing price of 2.50 each . Oh yes 3 mechbays too .

If solaris bundle for 30 bucks is the best deal in the store , this must be the second best deal ever and unlike solaris you get to cherry pick .

Taking this advice and not going to be salty about it. Ended up saying 'WTF, why not' and picked up a Group 2, 3, and 4 pack. More Heroes than I know what to do with but enh, I'll find a use for each and every one.

#60 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

Does anyone know whether these Mechs count towards the loyalty program? If so, my alt might get new shiny Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users