#41 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:10 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 20 September 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

I wish the rewards for converting XP would be more worth it.

I agree, previously we would get a mech bay, skill points or something else. Cockpit items & (LOL!!) MC consumables will not tempt me this time.

#42 Nutty Newfie

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:58 AM

I have a question about another aspect of this Event.

...and I apologise if I'm beating a dead horse here. Posted Image

But I'm confused about an aspect of the Premium Time sale. Why does it specifically state that the "30 Days" option is "Active" premium time? What about all of the others? Is the 30 Day option only used when the player is logged in? It's my understanding that premium time doesn't stop running once it starts...

#43 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:16 AM

View PostNutty Newfie, on 20 September 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

I have a question about another aspect of this Event.

...and I apologise if I'm beating a dead horse here. Posted Image

But I'm confused about an aspect of the Premium Time sale. Why does it specifically state that the "30 Days" option is "Active" premium time? What about all of the others? Is the 30 Day option only used when the player is logged in? It's my understanding that premium time doesn't stop running once it starts...

A while ago you got banked premium time, wich you could activate when you need it...Now it is directly active.
Banked Premium Time: 17,256 Hours

[Activate 30 Days of Premium Time]

Edited by Kinski Orlawisch, 20 September 2018 - 05:17 AM.

#44 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:53 AM

Attention Mechwarriors . Its time to be a HERO Posted Image

These guys play with mechs too .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 20 September 2018 - 06:58 AM.

#45 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

Noticed they changed the text from “This Weekend” to “This Event”. Anybody notice if you are getting double XP now?

#46 Greygor 727

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 105 posts
  • LocationDisney World

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

No. No Double XP for me yet.

#47 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:02 AM

Hi there...

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 19 September 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

The Dev message post clearly says

Double XP

This Weekend is a Double XP weekend for All modes! That's twice as much XP as you would normally earn!
  • Earn Double The XP in every Match and every Mode!
If there is a mistake i am sure it will be fixed ASAP

...and it seems...

View PostKodiakGW, on 20 September 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Noticed they changed the text from “This Weekend” to “This Event”. Anybody notice if you are getting double XP now?

...but...

View PostGreygor 727, on 20 September 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

No. No Double XP for me yet.

...so now I'm left in confusion. What the heck is going on at PGI's HQ? :(

~D. V. "They don't even have a Twitter, or any replies, up about this... Nuts!" Devnull

#48 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:30 AM

@D V Devnull: I just finished a QP match and there was an event bonus of 300 xp, so at least for me, it IS working.

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostERescue, on 20 September 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

@D V Devnull: I just finished a QP match and there was an event bonus of 300 xp, so at least for me, it IS working.

Thanks for the heads-up. :D

That means PGI finally got the XP Doubler fixed. They even managed it before I was able to return to the battlefields. I guess it's well past time to get my Mechs out there? Also, I wonder if a PGI Staff Member will let us know what happened? :o

~D. V. "Okay, where's my teleport to my Mech Garage? I hope PGI's Staff posts about the hiccup!" Devnull

#50 Djembe

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

So I've been playing this game for 4 or so years and this is only my third or fourth post on the forum to ask this one question of the developers......when will converting XP be anywhere remotely near worth doing? This is perhaps the most silly process/mechanic left in MWO....no one does it, and if someone did convert some XP it would only be out of ignorance to how absurdly not worth the exchange it is. If I spend 2,000 MC, which is roughly equal to about $11.20 USD give or take a few cents, I would get 100,000 GXP with the bonus of cockpit items and consumables (receiving consumables as an event reward is about the same as getting plaid socks for Christmas as a kid....please don't). So you have to spend $11.20 USD to receive 100,000 GXP, and THAT is during the event that makes it a better exchange....please...please fix this system so that it ceases to stand as a very clear example of how poorly some aspects of MWO were handled in the past. This equates to spending about $10 to get *one single mech* skilled up....and this during the double exchange... The recent developments since Steam have been great overall, let's keep to that trend going and revamp something that 99% of your players laugh at. I don't mean to be harsh, this is just the honest truth about a vestigial structure of MWO's past that very much deserves amputation (or at least a top to bottom overhaul of value exchange). Thanks for your consideration devs

#51 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

THis game became piece of sh*t a time ago but what you f*cked up during last several months pgi it is legendary fail.

#52 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostCalebos, on 20 September 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

THis game became piece of sh*t a time ago but what you f*cked up during last several months pgi it is legendary fail.

Yet you are still here. If this game is so bad why do you still stay?

#53 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

I converted 100MC of event winnings into gxp in a fit of stupidity and instantly regretted it. Getting double xp for matches is nice though.

Will there be any challenges with this event? I need my event challenges.

#54 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 20 September 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I converted 100MC of event winnings into gxp in a fit of stupidity and instantly regretted it. Getting double xp for matches is nice though.

Will there be any challenges with this event? I need my event challenges.

Meh, if you convert 100 MC worth that should be 5,000 GXP, so it gets you the metal pipe warhorn, right? That's not a bad use of MC. The top tier reward is a joke though, considering it costs a whopping 20,000 MC to convert 1 million GXP, even with double conversion rate.

#55 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostCalebos, on 20 September 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Young man you have suffered an emotional shock .

You should speak to a computer game abuse trauma councilor

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 20 September 2018 - 01:25 PM.

#56 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:23 PM

Funzt nu...

Posted Image

#57 RB55

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

20,000 MC is apx $80. You can get 25,000 for $100.

#58 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

This is a scam.

Ok so given that we get 11m c-bills and three mech bays (the only things really worth caring about) for 20,000 MC, that's already not worth it. But what about all the other items included in the conversions? Will they total to 20,000 MC or better?

Well, no.
Posted Image

If you take a look at this handy-dandy spreadsheet, you will see that you don't get any more bang for your buck. You are being scammed of 3,575 MC. That, and you get TWO MILLION C-BILLS MORE if you just buy the gold C-Bill booster pack from the in-game store. MORE FOR LESS.

I just figured all this out while walking in 39C for 10 minutes. And the boys at PGI Marketing in their cushy office chars with air conditioning couldn't? PGI pls.

And don't give me the excuse of "muh GXP." That stuff's easy. Just wait until the last couple of weeks of Solaris, put your 25 matches into each of the 7 divisions, keep yourself in the top 500, and score 250,000 GXP in each division. If I could do Solaris and trade in the GXP I get for MC, and then turn said MC into real money, I would make more money per hour than I would at my real job.

#59 _ Manual _

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:48 PM

a big

... meh Posted Image

You want me to what?? to get rewards? Spend MC ? So I'm buying rewards...

#60 Yulri

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:14 PM

The XP conversion challenge is a joke. Not only does PGI expect players to spend an insane amount of cash/MC for cheap rewards. The rewards are a ripoff, if you count the MC you would spend to obtain them without completing the conversion challenge.

Having cash dependent challenge while holding a huge sale at the same time as the XP conversion only tells me that PGI couldn't care less of the player base; This also tells me that PGI cares more about money than they do about creating interesting and worthwhile events. If players just spent money on hero mechs, do they really think that these players would also want to purchase the MC required to complete this challenge?

Instead of requiring players to spend money to complete a challenge, why not include a "Master mech challenge" where you have so many days to go from 0/91 to 91/91 skill points on a particular mech? Sure players are already spending the XP and Cbills to do this, but it can sometimes take 4 to 5 days to go from 0/91 to 91/91. This could perhaps require the leveling of the players choice of a select few chasis. Have a prize that is worth the time/effort/money. If you couple this with damage/UAV/ assist challenges, this would provide a higher reward for those who play more frequently while not sidelining those who don't play as much.

The rewards can be improved if you add other rewards at each milestone between 100,000 and 800,000 besides just the c-bills. These rewards could be more cockpit items, more mechbays, and/or you could even add in a free mech if you reach the 1,000,000 GXP mark. That might make the challenge worth the time and money for some.

Edited by Yulri, 20 September 2018 - 10:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users