15 replies to this topic

#1 BenAran

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:59 AM

Am i the only one who hasnt gotten the XL 350 from the event yet? It says that I have redeemed it, both ingame and on the website, but my inventory does not show the engine at this time.

#2 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:05 AM

I haven't done the event yet but my first guess is you're looking at clan engines. Based on reading the event page, the reward of "Engine - XL ENGINE 350" is likely an Inner Sphere XL.

#3 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:21 AM

View PostRuccus, on 23 September 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

I haven't done the event yet but my first guess is you're looking at clan engines. Based on reading the event page, the reward of "Engine - XL ENGINE 350" is likely an Inner Sphere XL.

If it is an IS exclusive XL engine, could't have thry just given us cibils instead?

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:34 AM

idk what im going to do with an xl. i mostly use lfes these days. so it will likely get cashed in especially if i have several in my inventory. i honestly dont know how many i had before the event started so im not sure if i got mine or not.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 September 2018 - 06:35 AM.

#5 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:12 AM

XLs are alright to run on second line mechs. Playing one makes me more careful with my pushes and positioning and I usually end up doing better since I have more mobility or better weapons. For instance I run XLs on my riflemen and dragons and on most of my mediums and all my lights.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 September 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

idk what im going to do with an xl. i mostly use lfes these days. so it will likely get cashed in especially if i have several in my inventory. i honestly dont know how many i had before the event started so im not sure if i got mine or not.

Use it on sniper mechs. Like the ERLL BLR-1G.

#7 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 September 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

Use it on sniper mechs. Like the ERLL BLR-1G.

Friends don't let friends XL an IS assault.

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostFupDup, on 23 September 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

Friends don't let friends XL an IS assault.

My XL engined BLR-1G is highly efficient in FP sniping. Wouldn't even think of switching it to LFE.

#9 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

I got the Engine

#10 Brembo

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

View PostBenAran, on 23 September 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

Am i the only one who hasnt gotten the XL 350 from the event yet? It says that I have redeemed it, both ingame and on the website, but my inventory does not show the engine at this time.

I've never received it either... I thought maybe it needed to be injected at some interval, but as it turns out a lot of people aren't getting it.

#11 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

I've gotten good mileage out of 350XLs in Marauders. My 3R is a UAC10 (2 tons ammo), 2xLPL, 2xML, endo, light ferro, 350XL, +5 sinks (4 in the engine). It moves fast and hits respectably hard. I also have one kitted into at least one of my Zeus, but the MAD has better hitboxes for it (just a little nose wiggle spreads damage pretty well).

It also works in some of the high-end mediums. A SHD, GRF, WVR, or CRB has decent enough hitboxes (cone-shape nose wiggler in the Crab, the other 3 have big shoulders to shield with).

Failing that, you could always sell it, you'll get almost 3 million for it.

#12 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

Sad IS Assults, cant use XLs as effectively as their Clan counter parts. Side torso destruction is a real killer.
The engine is only really useful in snipers and Lrm boats. Id highly recommended not to brawl in one.

#13 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 25 September 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

Sad IS Assults, cant use XLs as effectively as their Clan counter parts. Side torso destruction is a real killer.
The engine is only really useful in snipers and Lrm boats. Id highly recommended not to brawl in one.

I run a 375XL in my Resistance Zeus with MRM30, UAC10, 4xML. It's a good hit'n'move mech. Probably won't get you anywhere in the comp scene, but I get good results from it in solo-QP. I've successfully run IS-XLs in mid to high end heavies up to mid size assaults. You XL for speed, not payload. You XL for payload and you're a big, slow target that's dangerous enough to scream, "You really want me dead." Big and fast (ok, fast-ish) is a weird combination, and not a lot of people are prepared for it.

Did I mention I'm looking forward to the Charger?

#14 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

The only IS Assault Brawler I'd even consider running an XL engine in is the Victor VTR-9S... great armor quirks, and twists fast enough to spread damage across both torsos.

All the other IS Assaults I'd use in a brawl either twist too slow, or lack quirks to give them durability.

#15 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

XLs are for lights, they can't carry a team of burros like the assaults do. But I didn't get the engine either, how many forum posts do we gave to read to win it? Posted Image

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:40 AM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 28 September 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

XLs are for lights, they can't carry a team of burros like the assaults do.

I have seen matches carried by mechs of every weight class. Hell, I've gotten top damage in a CN9-A with a 255XL, FFS. While it's rare for a light to carry, it does happen. And I've seen mediums and heavies carry at least as often as assaults do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users