reduced armor quirks.

#43 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

View PostMech Ranger, on 30 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

what i mean is if one assault cant deal 500 average damage, then u cant say this mech has good performance
( assaults 500 heavies 400 medium 300, it's like pass line of test )

it's not about pilot, it's about mech, if same pilot can do this in the fafnir, then he will do better in better mech, ------------ that's what i tried to say

These are some arbitrary numbers you've pulled out of your *ss.

#44 Mech Ranger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 01 October 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

These are some arbitrary numbers you've pulled out of your *ss.

maybe u "pro" on fourm can take enemy down only with ur *** magic, u dont need "number"

but in the game, people need "number" to kill. Also as i know, the "pro " in game always can do higher "number"~

Edited by Mech Ranger, 01 October 2018 - 09:21 AM.

#45 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

Not magic, but effective damage. This 500/400/300 metric you've created is meaningless. Different loadout types will generate different amounts of damage even if they're similar in effectiveness.

#46 Mech Ranger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:43 PM

<p>

View PostKubernetes, on 01 October 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

</p>
<p>Not magic, but effective damage. This 500/400/300 metric you've created is meaningless. Different loadout types will generate different amounts of damage even if they're similar in effectiveness.</p>
<p>
</p>

Speak of "effective damage" here is similar joke

A lot of "pro" on this fourm claimed lrm damage is "meaningless" "useless" "not effective", then what PGI do is nerf the lrm~. hmmmmmm.... interesting~

and here is some question:
1. Is Guass also possibly hit those part which is not so effective like other weapons do? such as hand or fresh leg? Can u call those damage as "effective damage"?

2, Can guass always hit the currently optimum part ? i mean if enemy CT is open, can guass always hit CT instead of LT or RT which is not "effective" at that time?

3 About" damage spread out" here is a simple math:
laser vomit fire at enemy 2 round, 50 totally damage per round~ 50% hit the ct and the other 50% hit the rest.
then guass do the same thing, 1 round hit the ct, and 1 round hit the rest part
now plz tell me which weapon is more "effective" in this situation which is quite usual ?
or u just gonna tell me u can always hit the same part in multiple round? or u gonna tell me u never shot one enemy twice?

4 If enemy never survive to the end of game as long as they got shot from guass ? if they didnt die at last
r those damage "effective"?

5 Posted Image
this is my currently mech with 1lbx20 4srm6, as u can calculate, the damage need to kill is just 228
it's much lower than 484/ 525/ 489 /367/ 433/ 499 as that Fafnir picture shows ( i dont know which one is HG u talk about)
so, u r not gonna tell me the scatter weapons like srm6 or lbx20 is double effective than hg? r u ?

The point is How u think damage is " effective " or " not effective", u must have some "meaningful metric" do u? except " *** magic on fourm"?

sadly , i dont have it in the real game, and those players dont have it neither, i guess that' why sometime i feel the game on the forum is different with the game i actually played

In fact some id i remember always did much higher " numbers than " the metric i have created" a lot , otherwise i wont remember those id, am i? i mean if u have done that , maybe i will recognize ur id too~

Edited by Mech Ranger, 01 October 2018 - 01:40 PM.

#47 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

>>The point is How u think damage is " effective " or " not effective", u must have some "meaningful metric" do u? except " *** magic on fourm"?

There is nothing in-game that will tell you that 400pts HGR damage > 800pts MRM damage, it's just something you figure out by playing. I can rack up 1000dmg with LRMs in a SNV-A, or I can do 500 with HGR in a Victor 9a1. Is the SNV better because of basic damage numbers? Not in my experience. The 500 dmg mark you cite is arbitrary and not meaningful.

#48 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

I'm looking forward to getting a Fafnir. I feel so wrong packing dual HGR in my Annihilator, even though there's a canon example of it. I never saw the Annihilator as an HGR monster.

#49 Mech Ranger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:01 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 01 October 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

>>The point is How u think damage is " effective " or " not effective", u must have some "meaningful metric" do u? except " *** magic on fourm"?

There is nothing in-game that will tell you that 400pts HGR damage > 800pts MRM damage, it's just something you figure out by playing. I can rack up 1000dmg with LRMs in a SNV-A, or I can do 500 with HGR in a Victor 9a1. Is the SNV better because of basic damage numbers? Not in my experience. The 500 dmg mark you cite is arbitrary and not meaningful.

rofl, this is kinda interesting

When i said
" assaults 500 heavies 400 medium 300 it's like the passline of test”

according to ur experience which is "meaningful" and "not arbitrary " at all, u claimed''
"These are some arbitrary numbers you've pulled out of your *ss."

then u also claimed
" I can do 500 with HGR in a Victor 9a1",

So, actually, u have proved this "arbitrary" "500/400/300 metric" partly by uself , havent u?

U see, before u do "*** magic" with ur " meaningful" "not arbitrary" experience next time. u may need make ur logic up first
in case of "smashing ur own face " again

Edited by Mech Ranger, 02 October 2018 - 01:03 AM.

#50 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:00 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 28 September 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Might be my first mech I seriously try to do the dual heavy gauss.

You can try the Nightstar or the Anihilator. ANH can take far more lasers on top of its dual heavy gauss. It's also got far better hitboxes.

#51 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostMech Ranger, on 02 October 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

rofl, this is kinda interesting

When i said
&quot; assaults 500 heavies 400 medium 300 it's like the passline of test”

according to ur experience which is &quot;meaningful&quot; and &quot;not arbitrary &quot; at all, u claimed''
&quot;These are some arbitrary numbers you've pulled out of your *ss.&quot;

then u also claimed
&quot; I can do 500 with HGR in a Victor 9a1&quot;,

So, actually, u have proved this &quot;arbitrary&quot; &quot;500/400/300 metric&quot; partly by uself , havent u?

U see, before u do &quot;*** magic&quot; with ur &quot; meaningful&quot; &quot;not arbitrary&quot; experience next time. u may need make ur logic up first
in case of &quot;smashing ur own face &quot; again

I can do 500 dmg with an MRM Cyclops. Is that good? No, it's effin terrible. But hey, I met your baseline!

What about 500 dmg with a SNV-A running LRM80? Good? No, again, effin terrible, but it meets your baseline!

Last month I had a match in my Victor with only 400+ dmg... but 4 solo kills (including 2 headshots). Good match, but I fell below your 500 dmg mark.

How can I achieve your 500 dmg mark and still do terrible? How can I do less than 500 dmg and do great? Answer: your baseline is arbitrary and meaningless.

Edited by Kubernetes, 02 October 2018 - 09:29 AM.

#52 Mech Ranger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:03 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 02 October 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

I can do 500 dmg with an MRM Cyclops. Is that good? No, it's effin terrible. But hey, I met your baseline!

What about 500 dmg with a SNV-A running LRM80? Good? No, again, effin terrible, but it meets your baseline!

Last month I had a match in my Victor with only 400+ dmg... but 4 solo kills (including 2 headshots). Good match, but I fell below your 500 dmg mark.

How can I achieve your 500 dmg mark and still do terrible? How can I do less than 500 dmg and do great? Answer: your baseline is arbitrary and meaningless.

1 do u know what the "pass line of test" means? or "baseline " as u called
u pass the line , it's not means u r "good" student
they wont give ur sholarship for good student just because u pass, but they do dismiss u if u r not over the pass line
i thought that's the thing everyone even Xetarded knows~ Cant believe that~

so cut those" i can do blah blah blah , i can do blah blah blah" am i good ?" crap, this is truly meaningless disguised displacement

2 u got 2 head shot in single game dont means u can got 2 head shot every game !!! , so what ur did in one single game is the story which is real meaningless~
that's why we were talking about AVERAGE!

so also cut " i did this , i did that in last month or last year even last center" crap nobody care~

3, it's easy to know if u sended ur state screenshot instead of "xss magic" forever then never answer the questions~, is that correct?

Edited by Mech Ranger, 02 October 2018 - 08:46 PM.

#53 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

The Fafnir has been unleashed, how to you guys like it?

#54 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

Too many ******* with brawler builds voting sniping maps to even bother using mine atm, may just get up and find a merc unit to level up this mech in FP.

#55 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

Bought the 5 and love it. Although everyone is focusing on my right torso even though weapon layout is symmetrical Posted Image

#56 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:29 AM

Check out this "hot" build according to smurfy website https://mwo.smurfy-n...95085a9733c95af

Spuds never fail to waste 100 tons of firepower.

#57 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:30 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 03 October 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

Too many ******* with brawler builds voting sniping maps to even bother using mine atm, may just get up and find a merc unit to level up this mech in FP.

I'm confused, are you bringing a brawler Fafnir, and getting screwed by ranged maps, or are you trying to do some long ranged Fafnir build and getting screwed by brawl? When in doubt, throw 2xUAC5/2xUAC10 on you Fafnir for levelling and you can useful at all ranges.

#58 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostVxheous, on 03 October 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

I'm confused, are you bringing a brawler Fafnir, and getting screwed by ranged maps, or are you trying to do some long ranged Fafnir build and getting screwed by brawl? When in doubt, throw 2xUAC5/2xUAC10 on you Fafnir for levelling and you can useful at all ranges.

I'm bringing a daul h-guass fafnir but I've been having folks voting these long range maps and most of them bringing brawling builds, either I just wait long enough to be overruned and get a decent damage score, or get one kill and then die because everyone up my exhaust port and sides making it impossible to atleast back up fire back without one shotting my teammates.

#59 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 03 October 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

I'm bringing a daul h-guass fafnir but I've been having folks voting these long range maps and most of them bringing brawling builds, either I just wait long enough to be overruned and get a decent damage score, or get one kill and then die because everyone up my exhaust port and sides making it impossible to atleast back up fire back without one shotting my teammates.

Never bring extremely short range or extremely long range builds to quick play, unless you're OK with being useless if maps bad for your build are voted on. The UAC10/UAC5 Fafnir is far superior for quick play because it can hit out to mid range, so you're never useless. I consider HGR builds to be FP-only, since you can choose to take it only on applicable maps.

#60 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 03 October 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Never bring extremely short range or extremely long range builds to quick play, unless you're OK with being useless if maps bad for your build are voted on. The UAC10/UAC5 Fafnir is far superior for quick play because it can hit out to mid range, so you're never useless. I consider HGR builds to be FP-only, since you can choose to take it only on applicable maps.

UAC 10+ UAC 5 combo is boring to me atm since I already bash that build myself with the build with the Mad Cat already. And I don't have a group to even jump in FP with. Just gonna TK my teammates who get in way in qp just to level this mech now.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users