33 replies to this topic

#21 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:47 PM

Mine was a long time ago with a triple ERLL Shadow Hawk on Candy Mountain (Alpine). It was either pre-Clans or very early into the Clan invasion. Basically I just got lucky that my team was derpy enough to not get kills but just competent enough to not get killed off quickly.

#22 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:01 AM

I got mine in 2014 in a Wolverine K on the old Terra Therma map, with 4 Large Lasers (back when they were a thing and before the huge heat de-quirkening on the chassis).

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:27 AM

View PostBombast, on 01 October 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

I wonder if anyone really gets 'good' Ace of Spades anymore.

I got mine a couple of months ago, in an Urbie K-9, with 1035 damage and the last kill requiring me to solo a 4LB10X ANH with only one torso and 2MPLs left.

It was fairly epic, to me at least. I didn't even realise it was an AoS until the match score screen came up.

Edited by Appogee, 02 October 2018 - 08:11 AM.

#24 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:11 AM

Almost got another last night but some lrm boat stole my last kill I was real steamin mad. If I was paying attention to my kill count I wouldn't have pressed R :D

Edited by thievingmagpi, 02 October 2018 - 06:12 AM.

#25 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:09 AM

I've played about 14k games on solo QP, and about 2k on FP which of course doesn't count here. And finally today morning I got Ace of Spades, on pure luck of course. Considering all that, I got no chance to dream about death star.

As it was my first game, I could see the damage separated to ballistic and energy on the event counters. 596 damage with two gauss rifles, 387 damage with a pair of ERL, and then 96 with airstrike againts annihilator with exposed STs. I only got 3 kmdd. (which of course were also solo kills)

This is not as clear as it should but since I made it I will post it. It was assult on canyon.

My team
Spoiler

Enemy team
Spoiler

These are a lot more clear.
Spoiler

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 05 October 2018 - 08:14 AM.

#26 Jobe01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

I picked up AoS in a dakka-wolf shortly after the clans came out, on the old frozen city. Been close with various other chassis, but haven’t repeated the feat since. Not an easy thing, imo, takes equal amounts of skill and luck in QP.... or for me- tons of luck and little skill!

#27 A Distraction

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:57 AM

I got mine today, and it made me quite happy, but I didn't record it :(

Was fricken crazy though, got into a 4 on 1 brawl, and killed three, and the last guy in that group/lance just gave up and stared at me lol. The rest was from cresting a hill right after right into the backs of most of their remaining mechs in a frenzy while expecting death.

#28 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:50 AM

Got mine a couple weeks ago, with a Mad Cat MK II. In the end to came to a duel between me - missing half my mech - and a damaged Arctic Wolf in very close quarters. I missed, his streaks didn't. But I pulled off nine kills and 2120 damage before that, sooo...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Horseman, 10 October 2018 - 04:55 AM.

#29 Dryderian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:51 PM

Ace of Spades are ****. I got an alpha from a Ace of Spades guy in his Ebon Jaguar for saying on voice chat that I won't be on the frontline this time, because I died the last times alone and wait for the engagement to happen to chime in. I said it because the whole team was stopping with me.

I was piloting a brawler Roughneck 1C with 3 machine guns and 4 srm 6.

Edited by Dryderian, 10 October 2018 - 01:59 PM.

#30 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

Damn how do ppl break 2K in QP...

#31 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

I've actually come very close to getting Ace of Spades many, many times since I started playing, at least three times per tier and then some. Usually a teammate gets the last kill, but since I've been in Tier 1, I've been killed the past three times by a teammate behind me, while in perfect position, to get that eighth kill right before I finished the enemy off. It's almost like people do that on purpose these days.

#32 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

Last night, I was one laser burn from an Ace of spades. Sadly, in my excitement I shot the wrong shoulder, and my team mate cleaned up the last guy near me. Ah well, next time :)

#33 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:09 AM

View PostDryderian, on 10 October 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Ace of Spades are ****. I got an alpha from a Ace of Spades guy in his Ebon Jaguar for saying on voice chat that I won't be on the frontline this time, because I died the last times alone and wait for the engagement to happen to chime in. I said it because the whole team was stopping with me.
I was piloting a brawler Roughneck 1C with 3 machine guns and 4 srm 6.
And what makes you believe that guy was representative of us as a whole?
Because he wasn't. Many people have gotten AOS over MWO's time span, and they're all, well.. people. With all the randomness and diversity that implies.

View PostWindscape, on 10 October 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Damn how do ppl break 2K in QP...
My build can do 1.4K without using strikes, and here I had a pair of arty strikes both landing on tightly packed groups of opponents. If it's any consolation, 2.1K is my lifetime record for QP damage in the three years I've been playing.Posted Image

View PostGen Lee, on 10 October 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

I've actually come very close to getting Ace of Spades many, many times since I started playing, at least three times per tier and then some. Usually a teammate gets the last kill, but since I've been in Tier 1, I've been killed the past three times by a teammate behind me, while in perfect position, to get that eighth kill right before I finished the enemy off. It's almost like people do that on purpose these days.

View PostMaddermax, on 10 October 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Last night, I was one laser burn from an Ace of spades. Sadly, in my excitement I shot the wrong shoulder, and my team mate cleaned up the last guy near me. Ah well, next time Posted Image

Been there so many times. Posted Image On a few occasions I've ran out of ammo just short of delivering the final killing blow. Don't worry, guys - if you got that close then you'll have more opportunities and eventually things will line up for you to get it.

Edited by Horseman, 11 October 2018 - 12:26 AM.

#34 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:42 AM

I did get 2 AoS back when I was a newbie in the same week, one with a STK-3F with some mix of LURMS and ML and the other with a BJ3 with 2 PPCs (this last one very meritorious because of PPFL low DPS load out requiring good aiming). These two I think I got them because something about how to play this game clicked right in my mind so my skill level had gone up one or two steps while it took some time for my ELO to adjust and I was farming potatoes like I had been just a week before.

Since then it's happened a few more times, enough times I don't remember them all. If you really want an Ace of Spades play risky, that's my natural style of playing, I try to always be engaged, I never hide behind friendlies, I poke from everywhere, constantly, this means I get killed a lot, sometimes too early so my match is bad, but when I don't get killed I do great matches because I was never resting. Take risks while playing and you will have more extreme performance matches (on both ends), that way getting an extremely good match is more likely than if you are too conservative and try to last the longest by all means.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users